IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
krsna

Why do you hurt the Lord by not serving Him?

Rate this topic

There is a wonderful lila in Sri Caitanya Mangala, about a famous doctor and his realization:

One day Murari Gupta, an Ayurvedic doctor, visited Navadvipa accompanied by his followers.

While walking down the read, they were discussing the yoga-sastras. Visvambhara Raya,

walking directly behind Murari Gupta, began mimicking Murari's way of speaking.

Murari Gupta looked askance at the frivolous boy and continued talking to his followers.

Gaurahari and His friends increased their mocking of Murari by exactly imitating both

his walking stile and hand-gestures. Noticing this, Murari Vaidya became furious and rebuked Nimai:

"Who says that this boy is well-behaved? I recognize Him to be the son of the brahmana,

Jagannatha Misra. I've heard it everywhere that people admire Him and call him Nimai."

Angry at Murari Gupta's criticism, Gaurahari frowned and said:

"When you take your meal today I will make you realize something wonderful."

After hearing this equivocal statement, the bewildered Murari returned to his residence.

Meanwhile, Gaurahari disguised His identity by dressing opulently.

Holding laddus in His hands, Gaurahari arrived at Murari's house. Entering the house,

He said in a roaring voice:

"Murari!"

While sitting for his meal, Murari heard that voice and remembered what Nimai said earlier.

Feeling a bit surprised, he said: "What are You doing?"

Nimai replied: "Oh, don't get up. I am here, so just carry on with your prasada".

As Murari became absorbed in taking his meal, Visvambhara slowly moved closer.

Then suddenly, Nimai passed urine on Murari's plate.

"What?! What are you doing?! Shame, shame on you!", said Murari as he quickly got up.

Clapping His hands and dancing, Gauranga gleefully said:

"Giving up the path of devotion, you have adopted the path of yoga. You should forget about

karma and jnana and just worship Radha and Krishna with all of your heart. Become a rasika

bhakta and you will taste the blissful mellows of loving Krshna. One attached to material things

can't do Krishna bhajana and his consciousness remains low and impure."

"Do you understand these things? Lord Hari is omnipotent and full of compassion. He is the

treasure and the very life of the gopis at Vrindavana. Why do you hurt the Lord by not serving Him?"

:pray: Beloved i have a earnest question for you, i feel in my heart that i'm a devotee of bhagavan svayam sri krsna but i do not have sri guru in my life yet in the physical form:crying2: ....tho my beloved balarama assumes that role in the spritual realm for my benefit untill that moment arrives, can you help me in finding sri-guru on this mundane plain?;)

Guest guest

There is a wonderful lila in Sri Caitanya Mangala, about a famous doctor and his realization:

One day Murari Gupta, an Ayurvedic doctor, visited Navadvipa accompanied by his followers.

While walking down the read, they were discussing the yoga-sastras. Visvambhara Raya,

walking directly behind Murari Gupta, began mimicking Murari's way of speaking.

Murari Gupta looked askance at the frivolous boy and continued talking to his followers.

Gaurahari and His friends increased their mocking of Murari by exactly imitating both

his walking stile and hand-gestures. Noticing this, Murari Vaidya became furious and rebuked Nimai:

"Who says that this boy is well-behaved? I recognize Him to be the son of the brahmana,

Jagannatha Misra. I've heard it everywhere that people admire Him and call him Nimai."

Angry at Murari Gupta's criticism, Gaurahari frowned and said:

"When you take your meal today I will make you realize something wonderful."

After hearing this equivocal statement, the bewildered Murari returned to his residence.

Meanwhile, Gaurahari disguised His identity by dressing opulently.

Holding laddus in His hands, Gaurahari arrived at Murari's house. Entering the house,

He said in a roaring voice:

"Murari!"

While sitting for his meal, Murari heard that voice and remembered what Nimai said earlier.

Feeling a bit surprised, he said: "What are You doing?"

Nimai replied: "Oh, don't get up. I am here, so just carry on with your prasada".

As Murari became absorbed in taking his meal, Visvambhara slowly moved closer.

Then suddenly, Nimai passed urine on Murari's plate.

"What?! What are you doing?! Shame, shame on you!", said Murari as he quickly got up.

Clapping His hands and dancing, Gauranga gleefully said:

"Giving up the path of devotion, you have adopted the path of yoga. You should forget about

karma and jnana and just worship Radha and Krishna with all of your heart. Become a rasika

bhakta and you will taste the blissful mellows of loving Krshna. One attached to material things

can't do Krishna bhajana and his consciousness remains low and impure."

"Do you understand these things? Lord Hari is omnipotent and full of compassion. He is the

treasure and the very life of the gopis at Vrindavana. Why do you hurt the Lord by not serving Him?"