IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Krsnanatha

Does anyone know why?

Rate this topic

I have been looking since the beginning of this crisis on the official ISKCON website ISKCON.com and found nary a mention that two Hare Krsna temples are in dire, life threatening trouble.

Is it that these are not ISKCON temples that there is nothing about this disaster posted in the "News" section of that site?

Thank you Guestji. I am glad to see updated info on the Krsna.com site although I was of course hoping to find the devotees have been evacuated.

All prayers that the devotees and the Lordships of New Orleans are somehow out of the way danger.

An unidentified source wrote that according to Los Angeles temple authorities the New Orleans devotees were evacuated long ago.

I have to assume that the people who put out the calls for help are swamped with the important task of recovery now, and just don't have time/communications to tend to our anxieties. I think we can assume that the devotees are all doing fine.

Shortly after seeing the request for help here I twice read (or heard on a CNN.com video) that the dropping of the sand bags had been delayed while an Apache helicopter was sent to evacuate some people from a church. I read a report of a monk in full monk dress walking along the highway. Both reports reminded me of our devotees.

This seems to leave our other input suspect (maybe the same spurious guest who bogusly reported 'New Orleans would not be rebuilt'), but it is good news, better news, nonetheless:<blockquote>September 4, 2005, 9:00 a.m. - New Orleans Yatra evacuated. (Reported by Dasanudas Vanacari of New Talavana.) Today a team of devotees from Dallas and Houston 'somehow or other' got through the numerous blockades and checkpoints sealing off the flooded city, and rescued all the New Orleans Temple devotees, the Deities and all Their transcendental paraphernalia! They will be relocated to Dallas, where facility will be provided by Nityananda Prabhu and the Dallas Temple for Their extended stay and uninterrupted worship until the normal operation of New Orleans yatra can be restored.</blockquote>

Of course, it could be that the rescue happened two days ago but the website only published this message today at 9:00AM.