IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Pankaja_Dasa

Is preaching boring?

Rate this topic

I did not agree with PrabhupAd's 1972 'by hook or crook' letter. I still don't.

I explained my position/opinion in one VNN article.

I hope none of u agree with me.

Please don't. Pretty please. With cream on top.

Sans HarinAm, book distribution... doesn't rock... or roll... or jive for jeev.

Now r we further distinguishing betwixt 'P' & book sales?

Stop in the Name of Prem... b4 u break His Heart.. think it over! Think it over!

Srila Bhaktipramoda Puri Gosai published "Heart of KRSNa = Avoiding Vaisnav-aparAdha"

Another thing is I don't think we should limit the idea of "preaching" just to conversations with non-practicing devotees(karmis).

Not long ago you reminded me to chant more. That helped me. That was effective preaching. We just have to become aware of where the person is spiritually when we are talking to them and then offer something that will most benefical to them. When we continue to talk to people who blaspheme we are not helping them or ourselves so we must be careful.

Withdrawing from the battlefield is not recommended. You nature is to speak. Everyday we will become more expert and thus more useful to Krsna.

Also we could talk about trying to enjoy the fruits of the preaching activity.

Guest guest

Ill go you one better

How many roads must a man walk down, before you call him a cab?

mahaksadasa

Not so much. I just can't be asked really. Let them rot. I will rot as well. We all rot together like apples. Just seeing the futility of it all. I need some kind of purity to preach, these sites I make, all I do IS, and I am telling the truth here, CLICK/COPY/PASTE. That is it. Nothing more to it. Even you could do it!. Maybe that's why I love doing it. Cause it's Bona-fide. Not changing anything, not adding anything. As It Is.

Did you read this post from mahaksa on the first page.

The point was nicely explained, on the first occasion I saw Srila Prabhupada (ca 1970, LA temple). He was really thankful for all the guests who showed up for a thursday night address, and he explained that even a very beginner can be a "first class preacher". To do this, he explained, was that someone who only once shows up at a Sunday feast, even if the person is lost and doesnt have a clue where he is, that person is accepted as a first class preacher of Bhakti yoga if he goes home and tells family members and friends that the food was tasty, the songs were pleasing, and the devotees were willing to be friends without motive. These are things that a one-time attendee of Srila Prabhupada's program "KNOW", because they have experianced and tasted, and have a desire to let others know. Srila Prabhupada went on to even say these folks were considered "gosthyanandis", preachers of the bhakti cult, and following sincerely Lord Krsnas directives to Arjuna concerning those who are very pleasing to him.

So, no one should ever think that devotional service cannot be preached, nor should one falsely think that they have nothing to give. I gotta song Ill punch up later this week, but can be accessed at: http://www.geocities.com/mahaksadasa/all.html

Hare Krsna, ys, mahaksadasa

What you need to withdraw from is your misconception of what preaching is. Maybe even drop the word in favor of sharing or something.

CLICK/COPY/PASTE. That is it. Nothing more to it. Even you could do it!. Maybe that's why I love doing it. Cause it's Bona-fide. Not changing anything, not adding anything. As It Is.

That is great as far as exposing others to the devotees teachings. Nothing wrong there. But what about your own realizations?