IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Recarnation

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I have been wondering about Hindu's beliefs. People can be reborn as an animal, depening how they lived, and this is why they don't kill animals. If you killed an animal, like stepping on a bug, what goes it mean? Will you be punish? What if you're not a Hindu and you step something and a Hindu sees it, what would they react?

thank you for your nice question.

I have been wondering about Hindu's beliefs. People can be reborn as an animal, depening how they lived, and this is why they don't kill animals.

according to our beliefs:

>If you killed an animal, like stepping on a bug, what goes it mean? Will you be punish?

in general, any time that violence is committed, the person who does it (consciously or unconsciously) will suffer a reaction. there are many mitigating factors to this. for example, it is not anywhere near as severe to kill a plant or insect as it is to kill an animal--which is more evolved in consciousness. therefore we kill plants for food, but not animals.

>What if you're not a Hindu and you step something and a Hindu sees it, what would they react?

we believe that the laws of action and reaction are inherent in the universe and affect all Hindus and non-Hindus alike. as for how a dharmika (Hindu) person would act in a given situation, you would have to be specific.

thanks

Guest guest

A situation like, if an american is visting India and he's in an opening eating area and he sees a roach going by his foot and he stomps on it and a hindu sitting next to him sees it. Does that situation change that results?

Guest guest

The reason I want to know this is to have a true view of how a Hindu would act, this is for something I'm writing. Hindu beliefs is something I should know, I have figured everything else but this.

There is so much sacred cow nonsense written out there by folks who haven't a clue.

The truth is just like the Biblical axiom: as ye sow, so shall ye reap.

The fact is that it is all God's mercy. He is trying to perfect our lives so we can enter into the Kingdom of God. Each foible we have will be corrected. Essentially whatever it takes to change us to perfection is what we will have to experience. It is not some punishment from a strict father. It is simply what is required to reform our imperfections.

We each have a unique relationship with God. When we are not acting in this relationship, then we commit sin. The sins are simply the external manifestation of our weakness. In truth it is the relationship that is being groomed by the apparent pleasant or unpleasant reactions we incur from our actions. If the heart is right, then whatever action that results is proper, is not sin; therefore there is no karmic reaction required.

It's about our relationship with God and entry into His Kingdom. That is all that matters, anyway. In any religion.

Seated in the heart as the witness and best friend, God sees all that we do. Whether a Hindu sees our cruelties or not does not matter. The murder of the roach is seen by God, and since He is also in the heart of the roach, its terror is also known by Him.

We cannot depend on our senses to avoid such cruelties. Only when we are in a perfect loving relation with God will we treat everything with the divine respect due them as God's creatures.

Guest guest

This is nothing about cows, afew of the people are Hindu and I want it to be correct as it can. I know about the basic types of yoga to get to enlightment to their views on sin, and etc...

Guest guest

"Seated in the heart as the witness and best friend, God sees all that we do. Whether a Hindu sees our cruelties or not does not matter. The murder of the roach is seen by God, and since He is also in the heart of the roach, its terror is also known by Him.

We cannot depend on our senses to avoid such cruelties. Only when we are in a perfect loving relation with God will we treat everything with the divine respect due them as God's creatures."

Well put, that makes sense.

Guest guest

Seriously, we must not live our lives so dependent on the opinions of others. We must have confidence and maintain fearlessness.

Here is a story. Once, a devotee was uncomfortable during a class by Srila Prabhupada, with mosquitoes buzzing. The disciple swatted the mosquito. Srila Prabhupada was displeased, and told the disciple that he was the aggressor, not the mosquito. The devotee was the angry one, and the action of anger is what the devotee must avoid to make advancement.

The mosquito is not angry, nor aggressive, he is just doing his struggle for existance.

We use science to slove our problems of life, as Srila Prabhupada used simple science for his chastizement above.

But we are taught to be practical as well. A first class eating establishemnt would do well to prevent infestations of cockroaches, but sometimes they cannot be avoided, as discovered by the testers of atomic weapons who saw them thriving at ground zero. A human being would not tolerate unnecessary cruelty, so we could care less about the religion. A hindu is not someone who is honored more than another, and one should not have to act differently just because hindus are around. In fact, this behavior (pandering and patronization) is the basis for the worlds troubles, that muslims, jews, hindus, christians, etc, are DESERVING of changed behaviors just because of their religious affiliation.

So, to answer your question, if I was aq cockroach crusher, Id crush that roach regardless of whether a hindu was present. If I was a hindu, I would not be pleased at witnessing cruel behavior, but hopefully Id be pragmatic enough to realize that cruelty is not cured by fanatical jihad or other behavior of pretence. If I was a vaisnava of gosthyanandi tendency, I would try to convince the roach-crusher that roaches are needed as well as glorious creatures, and that they have the same will to live that he does.

Hope this answers your inquiry and entertains you as well, ys, mahaksadasa