IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

How to get rid of the worsed bad karma

Rate this topic

Guest guest

How do I get rid of even the worsed karma, such as stealing, killing, and destroying things?

How can I clean my stains of this karma?

Guest guest

Just wait for it... "Chant this" and Chant that ... pick up the japa beads... bow to God... go to a temple.

I don;t know. Every day i do something horrible and i feel like i should repent. My solution is this: forget about it (in every sense Depp meant it) - forget about any karma you have. Don't worry about the reaction - its out of your hands.

I say try your level best to Love God. Just keep loving him - if it means to chant, then do so, or kirtan, or read books, or listen, or serve humanity, or whatever - so long as it leads you to loving God. Leave your karma to Him.

Guest guest

We have to sincerely want a change of heart, to come to the point where we are finished with our sinful distastful acts, because they plague us like trying to swim with an anchor round our neck, and you've got to be really discusted what they make of us as a person.

And not just the cessation of the negative influences but to possitively fill the heart with the nectar of Hari Katha.

If you are anywhere near advanced devotees throw yourself into their company, and in winning their favour you lose the taste for the lower actions, as higher activities of service increase.

Having said that maybe I should also try it too.

Guest guest

Don't crowd the Himalayas ! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Be practical! How can you talk spirituality with an escapist attitude? I have seen many people take to spirituality to avoid life, embittered by life, empty of feelings for a while, but later on their desires come back. And then they only live an illusion they created around themselves with an another illusion of getting closer to God.

I advice you to read Gita.

Yes I have read the Gita. Guest no person even if he is a Superman can meditate in the densely populated cities andd towns of India. Why do you think many of the yogis meditate in the Himamlays .Why dont they come to the cities. That is because you need a peaceful environment to meditate. One cannot live among human beings as i said earlier as one is again plagued by wants and desires. Also, the mind is in a state of constant turmoil, and that is why i advocate that one should be a hermit. Arent all yogis "escapists" in a way.

If one has no desires and is also an escapist,he/she is the ideal yogi

Guest guest

I beg to differ. This life is our karma bhoomi. By doing good deeds, by action, by taking up responsibilty , we pay karma from past lives. If you believe in after-life, then you also believe in continuity of purpose. And what is that purpose? Karma does not vanish by itself, karma from past so many lives.

We accumulate karma just by living and feeding on other life forms, feeding on resources of earth. We have to pay karma for not doing things that we should be doing. And there is a way to balance karma with dharma. We pay karma by living life, doing good actions - not running away from battlefield. There are desires we need to fight, there are our own defects that we need to get rid of. Living in Himalaya, with no responsibilty, we can say we have no greed, no worries, no dishonesty, no anger, just peace. We can run away from battlefield and say we no more have any enemies!

We can all read the same text but still learn different things from it.

I am fed up to the back teeth with this world. I have done

a lot of good deeds and some bad deeds.However,to prevent further accumulation of bad karma I wish to renounce the world. Once I leave(maybe 4 years from now) I will definitely intimate all my friends here!!

Guest guest

The devotees form of reunciation is Yukta vairagya, utilizing everything in selfless service of the Lord- doing service for God and hence for others not just seeking peace for myself.

We need to just refrain from being attached to the fruit of our actions then true equipoise/peace will come.

Whether in a jail being harrassed by fellow inmates or on a pristine mountain top, with God as a friend no disturbance will rock our boat.

Guest guest

I agree that there are many (though definitely not all) who feel like becoming a hermit because they do not want to face problems. But I do not agree that those who do not want to take sanyasa are brave. The reason they do not want to take sanyasa is attachment.

Guest guest

They say circumambulating Tulasi can save one even from the sinful reactions of killing a brahmin.