IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Pankaja_Dasa

Guru and Acharays

Rate this topic

It says we are meant to see Siksa and Diksya Guru as same. Everybody here knows I am trying to be disicple of BV Puri Maharaja. I just got confuced today. How do I see Acharya as Acaharya without lessoning my Diksya Guru? We are know right now our Acharya is Srila Prabhupada [disicple of Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati]. Even in Gaudiya Matha this is thought of. You should have seen the amount of Prabhupada books in Gaur Govinda Temple in Birmingham, anyway back to the point. I would very much like to hear from Babhu, Yashodananadana, and others.

harekrsna prabhu, i apologize to have not remembered to answer to some your emails, but now i cannot avoid to try to help you ad your kind request

acharya is not a sectarian word, acharya means "who teachs the behaviour" and "who teachs by behaviour"... so both Srila Prabhupada and Srila Gurudeva are acharyas.

Our Guru Maharaja many times stated that Srila Prabhupada is an extraordinary saint and He is only a common human . I have heard that He, in Italy, refused to give class and remain in a devotee's home who had not a single picture of Srila Prabhupada: "you cannot make any spiritual advancement if you do not have a place in your house of Bhaktivedanta Swami Maharaja!!"

Do you love Srila Prabhupada? Do you consider Him your saviour? In this way you are adopting the behaviour (achara) taught by our beloved Srila Gurudeva.. are you thinking in the same way of our Guru Maharaja? Well you are executing the instruction of Srila Prabhupada and Krsna who, in Bhagavad Gita as it is, state that it is impossible to advance spiritually without surrendering to a spiritual teacher who is tattva darshinah, who sees the absolute truth, Sri Krsna Bhagavan..

and our Srila Gurudeva Bhakti Vaibhava Puri Goswami Maharaja is a bona fide guru, an uttama vaishnava, an autentic friend of Krsna in Goloka Vrindaban

So it is possible to develope a pure love for Prabhupada and Krsna only if we execute Their instruction, not if we superficially praise them, and the instruction is to surrender to a uttama adhikari vaishnava to understand all the whole spiritual reality, Prabhupada and Prabhupada's Books included..

Please do not feel separation between our fathers, in spiritual realm there's no exclusivism and competition, Srila Prabhupada has come in the west with great effort and extraordinary devotion to teach us mainly to surrender to vaishnavas.. if we do it, automatically we'll surrender to Him.. that's my opinion..

i do not see any conflict, i consider impossible to surrender to Prabhupada if i do not surrender to my Guru Maharaja..

let us wait for the opinion of expert devotees, do not be frustrated, until we do not reach the spiritual platform doubts will be forever with us...you are very sincere and you have a great faith in devotees association.. for this reason you are making such important questions here

let us wait for the answers of real devotees...

harekrsna!!! chant it and be happy!!!

Posted Image

Sorry I read this before, but was thinking about it. Do you have any lectures of Gurudeva?

I have downloaded the ones here:

http://www.srilapurimaharaja.org/

I wouldn't mind some more. I don't have broadband. But could download upto 50Mbs etc. If you can transfer some onto some place, I could download them. I asked another devotee but he said something about 1GIG! I cannot download 1Gig, by main harddrive is 8GIG I would crash my system into Patala. So far what I have is really nice. Esp the Transcripted lectures is nice to read. Maybe if somebody sent me them I could transcribe a couple? For free I have no money. Hare Krishna!