IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
vijay

TURKMENISTAN: Major Hare Krishna festival banned

Rate this topic

Unnamed guest:

T:How about if the rest of the world started closing down Mosques and stopping open public prayers and certainly those calls to prayers that are heard by people from other religions need to be silenced immediately.****

G:That would be fanaticism.

That was the point.

Not familiar with history? I don't know much either. You might want to learn about how the Muslims treated Vrndavan when they came calling. Find out why in Mathura a Mosque sits over the spot celebrated as Krsna's place of appearance and etc.

For more infromation on the world-wide activities of today's Islamofascists just watch the daily bombing reports from any news source.

Oh like the invasion of the Soviet Union was just an internal matter?****

When did the Muslims invade Soviet Union? Also, was it not Soviet Union that invaded Afghanistan and murdered innocents?

My error. I should have said by the SU instead of "of". The point was Afghanistan was made a world wide concern at that point without doubt and has remained so.

You ceratinly have no business in the 21st century.****

That was rude. I dont know why you're attacking me.

You tell me Hare krsna's should stay out of Muslim countries and I am responding saying Islamofascists should stay out of the 21st century. Simple.

Afterall we believe that children have a right to fly kites.***

???????

Oh you didn't know? The Taliban enforced laws against flying kites in Afghanistan. Apparently they thought it was against the Koran. Immediately after the Taliban fell children brought out their kites and started flying them and having some fun again.

Guest guest

That was the point.***

So you advocate fanaticism, then?? This is wrong, Theistji. Just because a few people are not allowing us to practice our religion, it doesn't mean we should target them. SP wouldnt have approved.

You might want to learn about how the Muslims treated Vrndavan when they came calling.***

Can you please enlighten me?

Find out why in Mathura a Mosque sits over the spot celebrated as Krsna's place of appearance and etc.***

The real Mathra in India? Or are you referring to some other place? Please tell me more. Are you suggesting that muslims destroyed a krishna temple to build their mosque? That seems farfetched, it sounds like the work of hindu fundamentalists spreading rumors, always blaming muslims.

For more infromation on the world-wide activities of today's Islamofascists just watch the daily bombing reports from any news source.****

I did, but I only heard reports such as "Americans have shot dead 25 children in iraqThe coalition troops stripped the Iraqis and abused them sexually" and so on and so forth. What do I make of all this, Theistji?

Guest guest

The point was Afghanistan was made a world wide concern at that point without doubt and has remained so.***

Yes, the world did the right thing by interfering when SU invaded it. But what free and independent afghanistan does is not the world's concern.

You tell me Hare krsna's should stay out of Muslim countries and I am responding saying Islamofascists should stay out of the 21st century. Simple.****

I never said HKs should stay out of Muslim countries. All I said was that if the Muslims do not want us there, we shouldn't protest. That would be un-ghandian. We must practice ahimsa.

The Taliban enforced laws against flying kites in Afghanistan. Apparently they thought it was against the Koran. Immediately after the Taliban fell children brought out their kites and started flying them and having some fun again.***

Very touching, but that has nothing to do with the problem at hand.

Guest guest

Uganda seems like a nice place. I mean it was once run by a muslim named idi amin who had gastronomical pecularities (raksasa man-eatin), and his successors were not much better, but I bet there are cool places there in the tropics....Oh...un-ghandi....sorry

Guest guest

I never said HKs should stay out of Muslim countries. All I said was that if the Muslims do not want us there, we shouldn't protest. That would be un-ghandian. We must practice ahimsa.

Real Ahimsa means to fight for krsna. Gandhi was a politician more then anything else.

Guest guest

That would be un-ghandian. <<<<

So who cares?***

You must care, theistji. Isn't Ghandi the greatest man, the man of the millennium? How can you not accept his advice on ahimsa? Both Christians and HKs, even Hindus, should accept Ahimsa as the basic tenet. Christ said turn the other cheek, HKs and Hindus also have similar views, that of ahimsa. Hence, whenever Christians or HKs/Hindus are attacked by muslims, they should turn the other cheek in a spirit of ahimsa and forgiveness. This might perhaps change their hearts.

So you advocate fanaticism, then?? This is wrong, Theistji. Just because a few people are not allowing us to practice our religion, it doesn't mean we should target them. SP wouldnt have approved.

No. Exactly the opposite. There is no sane reason why their cannot be a Jain center, A Buddhist temple, An Advaita ashrama, A Christian church, A Mosque, A Jewish synagogue, A Hare Krishna temple all on the same street with a town square in the middle where they all can offer their philosphies in gentlemanly debate with each other.

But because there is no respect for the God given right of everyone to be wrong in the eyes of the various religions, no real tolerance towards each other this cannot happen in todays climate.

Just as it is wrong for the Muslims to deny the bhaktas the right to celebrate Rama Navami it would be wrong for the American Christians to prevent them and just as it is wrong for the Indian hindus to deny their citizens the right to become Christians if they want to.

This is the same ignorance that was displayed against Haridas Thakur.

You must care, theistji. Isn't Ghandi the greatest man, the man of the millennium? How can you not accept his advice on ahimsa? Both Christians and HKs, even Hindus, should accept Ahimsa as the basic tenet. Christ said turn the other cheek, HKs and Hindus also have similar views, that of ahimsa. Hence, whenever Christians or HKs/Hindus are attacked by muslims, they should turn the other cheek in a spirit of ahimsa and forgiveness. This might perhaps change their hearts.

Greatest man? No way. Someone said Mohandas Ghandi was a saint amongst the politicians or a politican amongst the saints.

What you prescribe above is a prescription for suicide. The Islamofacists see it as their duty to God to kill all "non-believers".

Yes tolerance and forgiveness is a personal stance taken by many great devotees and we should cultivate those qualities personally. But that is not how Krsna advised Arjuna. Arjuna was instructed to fight out of duty and on the order of Krsna. That was his ahimsa because he did it to satisfy Krsna.

The Gita says the intricacies of action and inaction are very difficult to understand. One who sees action in inaction and inaction in action truly sees.

Ghandi gave many good examples and was a special soul no doubt but their are better examples to follow.

For example although I don't have the exact quote he wrote in one essay to a periodical that the Londoners should just tolerate the bombing of the nazi's without resistance and accept whatever outcome came from it. Please excuse but that is insanity. A hunger strike would not prevented the Germans from flatting London.

Hitler would not have one day gathered up his generals as said" you know those British are actually very nice and peaceful people, I think we should leave them alone from now on."

Did that form of ahimsa stop the communist Chinese from committing atrocities in Tibet?

I thought like that too when I was a hippy. It is not practicle my friend. You sound like a young man whereas I have been here 53 years now. Your instincts are good and come from a good heart but please be open to a change of mind on this issue.