IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Does chanting work

Rate this topic

But then everyone from any system would say that, which would then leave you still being unconvinced. Ultimately the proof of the pudding is in the tasting.

Please try chanting

Hare Krishna Hare Krishna

Krishna Krishna Hare Hare

Hare Rama Hare Rama

Rama Rama Hare Hare

Spiritual life is personal. We all must individually have it proven within our own experience.

The only way to know is to taste it.

We can look at it, smell it, feel it, think about it; but until we taste it we wlll not know. I don't know how chanting works for sure, but I do know that it is very powerful. Rather quickly it becomes our favorite pastime.

Taste it. It is the taste of reality. Your soul will thank you, and you will never be the same again. Life will become miraculous moment to moment as the dreariness of the humdrum slips away.

Yes the desire was still there this morning after sleep. It had only become dormant, but upon seeing that picture reawakened with a vengence.

Thanks for sharing the prasada Krsna das.

Guest guest

the chanting how does it work. If you are on drugs will it get you out? What does it exactly do. For how many people has it worked?

Guest guest

never underestimate the power of chanting!!

But i did notice one thing -- when i was smoking weed, snorting coke and popping pills i was still chanting but it was so mechanical. But STILL He looked after me. I didn't overdose, i haven't contracted any disease and all remnants of that life are now gone.

Now i try to chant with LOVE in my heart. And you know what? It feels great. Sure, my worldy life is sorted and my spritual life is rebuilding. But that's not what chanting is ultimately about. You can take the Name for the purposes of desire, and He will happily give you what you want. But are you gonna ask Him what He truly wants to give??

In short - the name of the Lord on your lips, the image of the Lord in your mind and the Love of the Lord in heart - all of these things when chanting - these will make you feel like you want to EXPLODE. Its such an expansive feeling. That is the whole point - to love and to serve!

So you see? Chanting does "work". At first your worldy desires will be fulfilled and you will be happy. Then you start the spiritual path. And then ultimately you will feel the Love. And the chanting is there for the devotion, for the Love. Pure Bhakti.

G.

Try this:

When chanting replace in your mind each of the following names from the Pancha-tattva:

First line-Hare=Gadadhara Krishna=Gauranga

Second line-Hare=Jahnavi Rama=Nityananda

I chanted:

Gadadhara-Gauranga

Gadadhara-Gauranga

Gauranga-Gauranga

Gadadhara-Gadadhara

Jahnavi-Nityananda

Jahnavi-Nityananda

Nityananda-Nityananda

Jahnavi-Jahnavi

The Hare Krishna, Gadadhara is close assocate of Lord Gauranaga, and Jahnavi is wife of Lord Nityananda, they are take no offences in chanting. Also Gadhadara is actually Sri Radha. All this is bona-fide, because we are actually chanting Hare Krishna, you can always check in Folio.