Pankaja_Dasa

Worm with 2 Souls

Rate this topic

I was thinking about this after hearing lecture. read on:

Morning Walk

--

June 3, 1976, Los Angeles

MORNING WALK__DEATH AND DREAMS__03JUN76_LA

Bharadvaja: Yesterday you gave an example of a man who was lying asleep in bed, and he is transported somewhere in dream, walking on the beach. What is the full...? Because we're going to try to make an exhibit of it. So what is the full analogy? Is he actually going to another place by his mind, he's actually transported?

Prabhupada: The soul is going there. The seer is the same in this gross body or in the subtle bodies. I am in the, walking in this gross body, I'm seeing this ocean, and I will leave my gross body in dream, I go to India. So the seer is the same. That is the proof of transmigration. He's dreaming tiger, and he's crying, "Here is a tiger, tiger, tiger," and another man, who is seer of the body, he says, "Where is tiger?" So this is the difference. One is seeing through this gross body, another seeing through the subtle body, but the seer is the same. Transmigration of the soul means, when he's seeing through.... That is practical. The child, when he's seeing through the childish body, he's talking nonsense. The same soul, when he's talking as an elderly person, he's talking beautiful (indistinct). The seer is the same, simply the glass is changed. Sometimes blue, sometimes red. [break] Seer is the same, medium is different. That you have.... And dead body means the seer is no longer there. It has entered another body. [break]

Pradyumna: ...when someone is sleeping and dreaming, that the seer has left the gross body?

Prabhupada: Yes, yes.

Bharadvaja: How does the.... Life symptoms, how are the life symptoms maintained in the body?

Prabhupada: Huh?

Bharadvaja: The life symptoms are maintained in the body still?

Prabhupada: No, life symptoms, there is not. The body's fit; therefore, he comes back again. When the body is not fit, he enters another body. Just like your car you leave. We have come here. Now the car is all right; we go. If it is useless, we don't go. We take another.

Bharadvaja: The body is breathing.

Hrdayananda: That is like leaving the motor running.

Prabhupada: They, unless the seer returns back, the body will lie down. That is death. The seer no more comes back. Then it is dead.

Hrdayananda: Yes, sometimes a man dies in his sleep.

Prabhupada: It is dead.

Tamala Krsna: So sleeping is like temporary death.

Prabhupada: Yes. All deaths are temporary. When you change bodies, you die for seven months. This death is for few hours, and that is for seven months. That's all.

Bharadvaja: What happens when he dreams of the spiritual master or Krsna?

Prabhupada: That's all right. Dreaming means he's seeing. The seer is the same.

Paramahamsa: There's another very interesting factor that scientists, they state that matter is, or that there is, they dispute the fact that there's one soul within the body. There's a special kind of worm, it's an earthworm, that if you cut it in half, both parts will live.

Prabhupada: Yes.

Paramahamsa: So they wonder how is it possible that if there is soul, that there could be two souls within one body?

Prabhupada: Yes, why not. Souls takes the opportunity.

Paramahamsa: Oh, it takes the opportunity of the other body, the fertile...

Prabhupada: Yes, yes.

Morning Walk, At Cheviot Hills Golf Course, May 13, 1973, Los Angeles

------

From what I see the Worm is almost like a Bacteria which can multiply, maybe even when the Worm is split it gives 'birth'? Its unimaginable that a soul can enter so quickly the 'other' worms body.

Anyone care to explain this?

"From what I see the Worm is almost like a Bacteria which can multiply, maybe even when the Worm is split it gives 'birth'? Its unimaginable that a soul can enter so quickly the 'other' worms body."

the souls are already there in a dormant stage, many many of them. when the time comes and the body is available - one of them (most suitable for such a body) awakens from sleep. in our own body there are many many souls. each cell has a soul running it. our hairs are separate living entities, even by the standards of material science.

Guest guest

"Its unimaginable that a soul can enter so quickly the 'other' worms body. "

Why is that so unimaginable?

Its unimaginable that a soul can enter so quickly the 'other' worms body.

How long should it take? How long does it take for a soul taking human form to enter into a human seed?

Guest guest

Prabhupada: Yes. All deaths are temporary. When you change bodies, you die for seven months. This death is for few hours, and that is for seven months. That's all.

seems like all migrations take 7 months

I have read that there are some yogis who are in two different bodies at the same time. Is there a single soul or two different souls inside the two? If there are two souls, then how can we say that both bodies belong to the same yogi?

Problem is Prabhu we have NO CLUE what this soul was doing before hand. The soul in the worm could be some bacteria, who has something else in its previous 'life'. We forget whatever 'life' we had.

I have read that there are some yogis who are in two different bodies at the same time. Is there a single soul or two different souls inside the two? If there are two souls, then how can we say that both bodies belong to the same yogi?

This is the best example of Tattva I feel. We are also expanded in the same way from Krishna. But we are Eternal. Our consciosuness is in tact, where as these Yogis cannot be seperate entities. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif