IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Pankaja_Dasa

Everything is spiritual why?

Rate this topic

These are conversations about everything is spiritual. Just a few questions if anybody knows, how can you think everything is spirit in the sence that, just like the air. A person we can say oh yes that's a person with a soul. Or a tree that's easy.

In the following it says even atoms are Jivas. [Cannot confirm this]. If this is so, then almost everything we see in exsistance are fallen Jivas.

I read that in the Spiritual World everything is conscious, the birds, bees, trees, water, grass.

Everything is Spiritual

Room Conversation

--

October 29, 1975, Nairobi

Prabhupada: There is no material. When you forget Krsna, that is material. Just like madness. Madness is not our natural position, but when your brain is deranged, then it is madness. Madness has no separate existence, but when our brain is not in order, there is madness. Similarly, there is nothing material, because everything has come from Krsna. The original source is Krsna. Aham sarvasya prabhavo mattah sarvam pravartate [bg. 10.8]. So the material world, the so-called material world, has come from Krsna. So if it has come from Krsna how it is material? The cause and effect is the same, maybe differently manifested. Just like cotton, cotton made into thread, the shape has changed, but it is cotton. And from the cotton thread, you make cloth. The cloth is cotton. But if I say, "Cotton. Bring cotton," then you'll bring cotton, not this cloth. But the cloth is also cotton. Now understand? Cloth is nothing but cotton. But when I say "Bring cotton," you'll not bring a cloth. You'll bring cotton. So the Krsna is the sarva-karana-karanam [bs. 5.1], cause of all effects. So all the effects are Krsna. But you have no such realization. When you understand that this place is Krsna's place, so you can worship Krsna, glorify Krsna. But if you don't realize that it is Krsna's, then you talk nonsense, madman. "This is American property,It is African property,It is this. It is that," so many madness. But the sastra says, isavasyam idam, everything Krsna's. And the materialists, they'll pro... "No. Why everything? It is my country. It is my place." That is material. Similarly, anything coming from Krsna-Krsna is supreme spirit-it is spiritual. The devotees, they understand that "This fruit has come from Krsna. The flower has come from Krsna. Therefore it must be offered to Krsna. It is for use." Otherwise how the fruit becomes spiritual? We take prasadam. How it becomes..., the same fruit? No. Because the Krsna consciousness is there, it is spiritual. It is spiritual, but it was not known. When one comes to Krsna consciousness, he understands that everything belongs to Krsna. Hari-sambhandhi vastünah. Everything has got relationship with Krsna. That's the fact. So if anything has got relationship with Krsna, so that is not material. We are going to a house, but it is said "temple." Why? Because there is relationship with Krsna. Otherwise where is the difference between the next house and our house? So Krsna consciousness means that everything is spiritual, but we do not accept it. We accepted something else. That is material.

Room Conversation

--

February 25, 1973, Jakarta

Revatinandana: I'm still thinking about the other morning, we were talking about how everything is actually spirit. Everything is composed of spiritual atoms actually, souls. We were talking about the...

Prabhupada: That is Vedic version, sarvam khalv idam brahma, everything is Brahman.

Revatinandana: When we speak about the transmigration of the soul, we speak about 8,400,000 species. Does that include the inanimate objects as well, within those 8,400,000?

Prabhupada: Sthavara, sthavara, they are called sthavara, immovable. He means hills, mountains, stones. They are called sthavara. Sthavara, which cannot move.

Revatinandana: So actually we don't really...

Prabhupada: Sthavara laksa-vimsati. Two million types of sthavara.

Revatinandana: So we don't actually discriminate between the tree, and say, the atom, as a living entity.

Prabhupada: Yes.

Revatinandana: Haribol. Little by little it's becoming clear.

Prabhupada: Sthavara, sthavara means one cannot move, standing. Sthavara-jaìgama. There are two kinds of living entities. One moving, one not moving.

Yogesvara: But the atom is always in motion. The atoms and molecules are always constantly moving.

Prabhupada: That movement is different. That is not independent movement.

Yogesvara: Is that to say that a stone has a living entity in it?

Revatinandana: Actually what we discussed is that every, even the elements, the atoms, everything is made of nothing but spirit souls in fallen conditions. Because everything comes from brahmajyoti, which is nothing but spirit souls, and brahmajyoti... Therefore soul never changes. So this manifestation is from brahmajyoti. Therefore, it is made of souls. It is nothing else but spirit souls. Yesterday, a few days ago we discussed that.

Prabhupada: It is simply covered by another energy which is called material energy. And that is maya. Maya means that is not actual, not factual. The example is given, just like the sun is covered by the cloud. The cloud is nothing but another creation of sun. But when the cloud comes, sun is invisible. Similarly this condition, forgetfulness, is my creation and when I am covered by this forgetfulness I become stones and atoms, like that.

Hamsadüta: In Bhagavad-gita, it says that the soul is immovable. In the Second Chapter there is a verse that says the soul is immovable.

Hamsadüta: What does that mean exactly? Are we not moving? In that verse it says immovable and...

Prabhupada: Sthanu, means fixed up.

Hamsadüta: You mean its nature is...?

Prabhupada: Unchangeable.

Hamsadüta: Unchangeable. Not that we are not moving. We are moving.

Prabhupada: Might be that word was not properly used. Sthanu, the word is sthanu. If you have got Sanskrit, you know what is the meaning of sthanu. And acalo 'yam, acalo 'yam, yes.

Revatinandana: The point of all those...

Prabhupada: That means acalo 'yam also, so acalo 'yam. Acalo 'yam means that does not move. Sthanur acalo 'yam, in the Bhagavad-gita it is given. You can see. Now there is no time.

Revatinandana: It's time for class. (end)

Ask it in reverse. What does it mean for the soul to move in time and space when time and space have no influence on the soul?

I feel myself moving when I walk down the street. The air across my skin, my relationship to other objects passing by, a certain amount of time elapses to move from one place to another, all these things combine to convince me I am moving.

But actually the self realized sage see that while he is eating, evacuating, opening or closing his eyes actually it is just the senses engaged with their objects and he does nothing at all.

How thoughoughly(sp?) maya has conditioned us. It's astounding.

One may dream that he is flying high above the earth at great speed and through the clouds. He may feel the air rushing past him. May see the scenery below small and fading out of sight quickly. Everything combines to convince him he is flying. But when he awakes he will see he never left his room. "It was all a dream"

Prabhupada: How can you feel you are dreaming in a different land? In the, at night, when you dream, you forget you this all, everything, your father, mother, your home address. You are in a different platform. Again in daytime, you forget your dreaming land; you come to another place. This is transmigration. You create some body and you see differently. This is transmigration.

We are... Every day, every night, we are experiencing transmigration, but we have no intelligence to understand. Therefore, tad-vijnanartham sa gurum evabhigacchet. You have to go to a bona fide guru, and he'll make you understand things.

Bhagavad-gita

Ch 2 : Verse 15

[Mexico, February 15, 1975]

But actually the self realized sage see that while he is eating, evacuating, opening or closing his eyes actually it is just the senses engaged with their objects and he does nothing at all.

Thats the Brahma-bhuta stage which the Impersonalists and Mayavadis apire after so much. But devotees get it so easy. It def. beyond conception. But that anagloy of the Matrix coming down is good for. When the cover comes of or veil your True identity is revealed. But thats just the start. I know 'who I am'. But what do I do now!!

Guest guest

is the underlaying stratum of everything - there is no doubt about it. even the stones are conscious and they are subject to growth and decay. witness the chrystals of diamond, amethist etc.

if you take a grain of sand and eat it, nothing will happen.

Take the same grain of sand in a homoeopathic pill and see how your consciousness changes under its influence. if one pill does not do it, take another and experience a different kind of consciousness to your own.

similarly, everything you see has consciousness, all in accordance with its own limitations. even the pc you work on is somehow conscious, since it is a product of consciousness.

this is not only so in the spiritual world, but also here. the difference with the spiritual world is that there they also can communicate with each other in a common language and here we cannot do the same. another difference is that in the spritual world they are conscious of krsna and here of maya.

VdK.