IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Pankaja_Dasa

Prabhupada is 2nd coming as Jesus said He would?

Rate this topic

I reserve the right to question everything. Anyway...

I am fighting the urge to respond but yet I must control that urge.

I have decided to pull out of this one.

Hare Krsna

Guest guest

By all means question things. All I am saying is just be consistent in your questioning.

Guest guest

Questions arise independent of rules. That is the nature of questions.

All I'm saying is be consistent. It's wrong for one to object to Sridhar Swami disagreeing with Prabhupada, when one also disagrees with him.

I disagree independent of his agreeing or disagreeing with Prabhupada.

Why do you persist in this? Better to find out why we all disagree with Krsna's devotees on their unanimous statements that pure love of God is the only way?

No problem. I am a hypocritical non-virtuous individual. A snake who was hiding under the bed until you pointed me out.

That's all true and no secret. But you may want to ask yourself this question. Are you happy in your pretense of perfect belief and acceptance of whoever your preceptor happens to be and his teachings?

Don't answer here just be honest with yourself.

Guest guest

I don't know why are getting so angry and sarcastic and attacking me. All I said was be fair - don't criticize Sridhar Swami for doing something you do too.

I have no idea where the rest of this is coming from, but it seems this thread has long surpassed your ability to have a rational conversation.

Good day.

I am not angry nor attacking you sir. If you will read me post that follows Muralidhar's I explain my feelings about this. I see no tangible gain towards spiritual realization and only the danger of offending my superiors.

If that is not good enough for you so be it.

Guest guest

Jesus Christ is mentioned in the Brahma-vaivarta Purana, according to some Indian scholars, who also cite the fact he was visited by the 3 wise men of the east as proof the Indian seers knew about him.

But what about the Caitanya Mangala, where Mahaprabhu himself says the following:

"Even if the sinners reject religion or flee to foreign countries, still they will get the mercy. I will send mor senapati bhakta to go there and deliver them."

Mor means my; senapati means general or field commander and bhakta means of course devotee. In other words, Mahaprabhu will send his own devotee to spread the holy name around the world.

Of course he does not say Srila Prabhupada, but the keen listener only needs half a word.

Similarly, what everyone seems to forget, is that Jesus never preached Christianity, but Love of God. so the difference is one of degrees, between bhakti and the teachings of Jesus.

he says he cannot reveal all, due to lack of surrender, understanding and faith.

He also said that he was giving all, at his second coming. he said that when he came back, that would be different.

it is therefore tempting to see SP as the second coming, just because there are many similarities between what Jesus said and what SP came to give.

we can easily point out the differences - which seems to be the sectarian goal of many, witness the hindu-muslim threads in these forums.

rather, true religion is one in purpose, regardless whether muslim, chrsitian or hindu. it is sectarianism which spoils everything and it shows a bigoted mind that wants to see the differences more than the similarities. if some religion is different from our own, just add Krsna and suddenly it is no longer different.

SP used to teach us that all religions are good, but that it was a question of degree and the presence or not of krsna. he simply stated that very few follow their religion.

VdK.

Guest guest

Jesus Christ is mentioned in the Brahma-vaivarta Purana, according to some Indian scholars, who also cite the fact he was visited by the 3 wise men of the east as proof the Indian seers knew about him.

I have the entire brahma-vaivarta p. with me. Can you please share with me where exactly this is said?

I've been thinking about this thread, I must say that when I saw the quote from Muladari Prabhuji, that I may have come to a wrong conclusion [which in actuality benefited me greatly since I was been absorbed in Gaura-Lila for a while now]. Also Bhakti Raksaka Maharaja is saying 'to Forget about Jesus' to a Priest of all people! Now we have to consider these statements. I cannot believe nobody mentioned why? After reviewing this [while reading Chaitanya Bhagavata] and hearing about Praladha Maharaja, the only reason for this would be 'forget about what they taught you'. We cannot possibly understand the motive of a pure devotee for saying such things, and devotees never contradict themselves [as Krishna doesn't]. So that's the only conclusion. I personally feel right now Christianity is dead. They have nobody making any laws of Vaidhi-Bhakti.[EVEN the Pope eats Veal [baby cows]. The only real Christians are Vaishnavas. So this Priest must have been very deluded from the start. Also in this Age we are to think of Gauranga more than any other age [yeah right any age, think of Gauranga always no harm in it!]. Because nobody is more merciful [Nobody means nobody]. Then also think of Jesus Christ. Normally Christians only think of Jesus, and not 'God'. They don't even know who God is. Lets consider all these points.