IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Pankaja_Dasa

It is very difficult for a conditioned soul to meet a great saint.

Rate this topic

This is wonderful from Jaiva-dharma, Please read it carefully. Sure it will make devotees feel all happy in their hearts!

From Jaiva-dharma Chapter 25 Namaparadha

Babaji: In Jagadananda Pandita's Prema-vivarta the conclusion is eloquently taught. Please listen to it.

"O brother, the holy name of Lord Krishna does not come from a person who associates with non devotees. The syllables of the holy name may come from him, but the true holy name does not.

"Sometimes a glimpse of the holy name (namabhasa) comes from him. Always offenses to the holy name (namaparadha) come from him. O my brother, please know that these are all obstacles to the path of devotion to Lord Krishna.

"If you wish truly to chant the holy name of Lord Krishna, then stay in the association of devotees and keep far away from the desire for sense gratification, impersonal liberation, and yoga-siddhis.

"Avoid the ten offenses, remain aloof from praise and blame, perform your duties, and chant the holy name of Lord Krishna.

"Always accept what is favourable to Lord Krishna's devotional service and always reject what is not favourable to Lord Krishna's devotional service.

"Avoid impersonal speculation, yoga, and fruitive work. Avoid the pretended renunciation practiced by persons who are like monkeys. That so-called renunciation is only a funny comedy played on the stage of the material body.

"Always think, 'Krishna is my protector'. By humbly surrendering to Him you will be free of troubles.

"It is very difficult for a conditioned soul to meet a great saint. That is why Lord Krishna came, in the form of a great devotee, to the land of Nadiya.

"If you are wise, you will take shelter of Lord Gaura's feet. Where is there a saintly guru like Lord Gaura?

"O sannyasi brother, don't talk or hear gossip when you meet with others.

"O my sannyasi brother, even in dreams do not talk to women. O my brother, please remember that you have left your wife at home, and now you live in the forest.

"If you wish to keep Lord Gauranga's love, then please keep in your mind the story of Chota Haridasa.

"Don't eat opulent food. Don't wear opulent clothing. In your heart always worship Radha and Krishna.

"Like Haridasa Thakura, always chant the name of Lord Krishna. At every moment of the eight parts of the day worship Radha and Krishna in the groves of Vrindavan forest.

"To both householder and sannyasi, Lord Gaura Raya says, 'My brother, do not pass your days without chanting the holy name.'

"O my brother, there is no need to perform a great variety of many different devotional activities. You need only purely take shelter of Lord Krishna's holy name. Pass your life in that way.

"Merciful to the conditioned souls, Lord Krishna has descended as His holy name. Merciful to the people in Kali-yuga, Lord Krishna has descended as fair-complexioned Lord Gaura.

"Sincerely worship Lord Gaura's devotees. O my brother, that is the way to attain Lord Krishna's feet.

"In the company of Lord Gaura's devotees, chant the names of Lord Gaura, chant the Hare Krishna mantra, and dance again and again.

"O my brother, in this way you will quickly attain the wealth of love for the holy name, a wealth that our Lord personally came to Nadiya to deliver."

Hearing Sri Jagadananda Pandita's Prema-vivarta from the mouth of the elderly saintly babaji, Vijaya-kumara and Vrajanatha were overcome with spiritual love.