IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Pankaja_Dasa

The Mind reader

Rate this topic

Guest guest

This number will appear whatever you think the number after substracting. All of them shows the same symbol

what ever you click either 9 or 81.

Choose a number from 1 to a 100.

Double it.

Add 12.

Divide it in half.

Subtract the number you started with.

And your answer is ................

"Gazing at your forehead I can see that the answer is" <h3>SIX.</h3>

It is a special characteristic of modulus nine arithmetic that when you add the digits together you end up with the remainder you would get after you would divide by nine.

Keep adding the digits until you have a single digit (9 is considered as zero since it is divisible exactly by nine). For example: 128 ====> 1+2+8=11 =====> 1+1=2; therefore when you divide 128 by nine your remainder will be 2. It works for any number, any size. 12345678 =====> 1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8=36 ===> 3+6=9=0 ===> therefore 12345678 is exactly divisible by 9 because the remainder will be zero.

I wrote a lesson here earlier about <a href=http://www.audarya-fellowship.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=jokes&Number=37625&Forum=jokes&Words=Modulus%20Nine&Match=And&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=37581&Search=true#Post37625>modulus nine wonders</a>. It can be a very powerful arithmetical tool for students. It wasn't until university that I learned why it works, but it had already served me well for seven years in school. Almost fifty years later, I still use it whenever adding, subtracting, multiplying or dividing numbers. In a few seconds even the most complex arithmetic can be verified.