IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Gaura-lila vs. Krsna-lila

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Is it ok to have a greater attraction to Gaura-lila than Krsna lila? I spend my time thinking and reading more about Chaitanya Mahaprabhu and His Associates than the latter.

Guest guest

Gauranga is higher than Krsna.

By Srila Sridhara Maharaj

The most merciful engaged in distributing Himself causelessly to us, that is the most benefit for all humanity. In Vrndavan lila they were two-divided, and in Gaura lila-united, they are both eternally existing. One lila combined, and the other in separate forms and mood. All into one becomes Gauranga, not impersonal Brahman, rather the whole shakti potency and the owner of the potency combined. The Mayavardis and jnanis say, it is non-differentiated Brahman, but to us union means Gauranga searching for Himself to take the service mood of Sri Radha. Radha-Krsna, the potency and the owner of the potency combine together in one wholesale Absolute, then He is searching for Himself and giving the golden Gift of Radhas’ loving example of perfect servitude to us in this world. In Prema Dhama Deva Stotram, I have written,

atma-siddha-savalila-purna-saukhya-laksanam

svanubhava-matta-nrtya-kirtanatma-vantanam

The sign of the perfectly full absolute personality will be this - that He is dancing because He is overjoyed in His inner satisfaction. He is fully satisfied with Himself, with nowhere outside to search for His satisfaction, He will dance. The dancing attitude is showing that He is full in Himself and the kirttan, chanting, distributing that to others, we find in Gauranga and this is self-evident and a sign of the fullest substance of the highest absolute. That is mentioned in one stanza, in Prema Dhama Deva Stotram.

Purna-sakhya-laksanam - The satisfaction of anandam, ecstasy, in its fullest conception will have such symptoms. When He is chanting and dancing in Himself for the joy of the whole environment that is the highest ideal of absolute happiness and that we find only in Gauranga. I tried to express that idea in that stanza. And Swarup Damodar asks, who is Radharani? She is the love and affection of Krsna in a particular form. The object of Krsna’s love. Solely belonging to Krsna, so they are one, still for the pastimes in Dwarapa yuga, they became divided in Vrindavan lila when They became two parties. One predominating and the other predominated. They parted with Their own paraphernalia and began Their sweet unique pastimes in different ways, this is Their Divine play. And again they combined together and become Gauranga where He joyfully distributes Himself to the public, automatically by nature.

Guest guest

Not only that, the time for Krsna is over, gone, out, finished.

Krsna is tha avatar for dvapara yuga and it is kaliyuga now.

Mahaprabhu is the avatar for the age and not krsna. so forget about krsna and come under the flag of mahaprabhu, as my gurumaharaja used to say. (see the above post)

VdK

Guest guest

Krishna is purushottama. So is Gaura. You can't FORGET Krishna... Gaura was telling everyone to chant KRISHNA and worship KRISHNA... but Gauranga was also Krishna, so of course you can devote yourself to Him!

Guest guest

There is somewhere a description about Nityananda, who drags off Krsna Balarama from the sringasana, telling them their time is over - now is the time of Mahaprabhu! so whatever you say, even Nityananda agrees with me. and personally, i have not so much attraction for Krsna, who wants to keep everything for himself. Gopibhava is way too elevated for me.

Mahaprabhu said that service in vipralamba is higher still and that is more attractive to me.

Honestly, with my service - homoeopathic doctor, the principle of which is from the bhagavatam - and mahaprabhu's message, i do not mind to be born in this world. the most beautiful service, for it enables preaching on a very deep level and there is nothing else I wish, except to do this as part of the associates of mahaprabhu. all the rest, you can keep. Krsna, the gopis, everything, is far too elevated for me. I am a simple man with simple taste. mahaprabhu ki jay. his pastime is the ultimate of all pastimes. I want to be there. Oh, when will that day be mine!

VdK.

Guest guest

Gour Govinda Swami used to say that Gaura-lila IS Krsna-lila. He explained in his lectures how this is so. Please read 'Embankment of Separation'.

Radhas vipralambha it is most strong and gigher emotion. Then Krisna take this emotion and make this eternal. It is supereme rasa. SBT, Rupa Gosvami and Srila Prabhupada write this.

Lord Caitanya it is Supereme Lord. Gaura lila is most exalted form internal energy.

Madhukeli Valli

by

Srila Govardhana Bhatta Goswami

Srila Govardhana Bhatta Gosvami who was the grandson of Sri Gadadhara Bhatta Gosvami, a disciple of Srila Raghunatha Bhatta Gosvami. He wrote a booklet about Holi pastimes, named Madhukeli Valli. The descendants of Sri Govardhana Bhatta Gosvami are still living in Vrndavana, opposite the Radha Vallabha temple in a beautiful place called New Madan Mohan Temple. Below is a sample of the nectar that flowed from his heart:

Anyone who abandons Rupa Gosvami's lotus feet and still hopes to attain Radharani's service may as well try building a skyscraper on a beautiful sandy beach. He may as well try to touch the heavens with his upraised hands, or try to cover the sun by throwing up dust with his hands, or try to make a lame man walk.

Why not? He has just as much chance of success.

Who on this earth could ever understand the pure essence of the Srimad Bhagavatam, perceive the sweetness of Vrindavan, or inspire anyone else to speak of it? And who could bring the mind to meditate on the son of Nanda's most wondrous beauty? Without the blessings of the most merciful and virtuous Rupa Goswami and his associates, no one.

And, my friend, please tell me, if it weren't for Rupa, who would know anything about renunciation, devotion on either the vidhi or raga paths, the twelve holy rasas, the love of the residents of Vraja glorified by Suka and other seers, the supreme spirit of Mahabhava found in the gopis, their samartha-rati and Radharani's madanakhya-mahabhava?

"Some devotees call this exhibition of ecstasy by the Lord sata-prahariya bhava, or "the ecstasy of twenty-one hours," and others call it mahabhava-prakasa or maha-prakasa."

Mahabhava in Lord Caitanya is highest level mahabhava. Radha's vipralambha in Vrinavan has some time. But mahabhava Lord Caitanya's eternal, Prabhu. It is most supreme level. Lord Caitanya's bhakti rasamrita sindhu dark color it is ONE rasa - supreme rasa. All devotees all rasas may rise in this level, supreme mood. It is real gaudiya vaisnavism.

It is not mood Lord Caitanya. Krisna attract for moha - separation. Separation most strong rasa. Vipralambha. Moha more strong.Srila Rupa Gosvami write this. Krisna see separation Radha then take this mood as Lord Caitanya.

Gaudiya is separation Prabhu, gaudiya not sabhoga meeting. It is all spiritual emotions, but Krisna lila know 5000 years. Srila Madhavacariya write about krisna lila. Vyasa write it is well know many autuoritete. Lord caitanya take another mood for world. krisna lila it is preliminary stage spiritual life.

First BG, then first canto SB, then second canto SB (not read only! needs go in this level! then 3 canto SB, then 4 cantj SB, then 5 canto SB description hell (you read?), then 6 canto SB, then 7 canto SB (not read only! needs understand really!) then 8 canto SB (not theory Prabhu!) then 9 canto SB (not read as story), then 10 canto - Krisna lila.

If yours 1-9 real realisation then 10 real realisation.

If yours 1-9 teory then 10 canto teory too.

If you understand 10 canto Krisna lila then more hogher - Gaura lila.

gaura lila is supreme goal. krisna lila know many personalities, but Gaura lila bring Lord Caitanya ONLY. And pure devotee Lord caitanya - Srila Prabhupada.

Srila madhavendra Puri acarya sampradaya stay in vipralambha, Srila Srivasa Thakur, Narottama dasa Thakur, Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakur, Srila Bhaktisidhanta Thakur and Srila Prabhupada. It is real acaryas. Yes. /images/graemlins/smile.gif