IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Sunanda

How to make a purifying drink ?

Rate this topic

Radhe !!

i'm fasting from time to time these days, trying to drink only water one day from time to time, and i'm wondering if i could make a puryfying drink with spices, stuff like that...

Any good advice ?

You may want to consider drinking fresh made juices instead of just a water fast.

Or you could experiment any number of herbal teas either brewed or in powdered form that could just be stirred in water.

The list of them woud be endless but a good tonic herb that is also a blood purifier and has only a slight tast would be burdock root. Brew a strong batch and then dilute it with purified water to the desired strength. This you can have throughout the day without noticing a lot of effects other then it maintaining your strength level. It will have a weak neutral flavor also so as not to disturb your senses during the fast if that's a goal.

Take Guru or Hari Charanamrit on fasts and see for yourself the spiritual and physical benifits . Sure it is the Elixir (amrita) even the Devas long for.Just try it for some time instead of arguing and see the results for yourself.

As for juices Fasts are not for enjoyment but is a kind of penance.

Dont lose the essence of it, or you will be left with only hunger and no benefits.

Fasting is recommended every where. I use to fast one time in navaratries and at night I used to eat some fruits.

In day time takes only juises tea and water. But the experience is great.

But remember fasting is never meant that you don’t eat food. You should make you mind calm and devote time for worship and don’t be angry to anybody.

Believe me you will start getting the benefits.