Sign in to follow this  
Sirona

The Panca Tattva Mantra

Rate this topic

Dear friends,

I find great pleasure in chanting

Sri krsna caitanya prabhu nityananda/

sri advaita gadadhara srivasadi gaura bhakta vrnda//

on beads. However, recently I read something that one should not chant it on beads because chanting it makes one go to two different heavens or so. This grieves me a lot because I really like it. What is your opinion on this?

Best wishes, Sirona

Guest guest

Yes it is so powerful and gives bliss....but better still is 2 b chaste 2 the Sri Panca Tattva's instructions....They taught that we should chant the maha mantra....hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare....then the bliss increases

Letter to: Govardhan 4, (new98)

--

Juhu, Bombay-54

18 November, 1973

ISKCON

8311 E. Jefferson

Detroit, Michigan 48214

My dear Govardhan Das:

Please accept my blessings. I beg to acknowledge receipt of your letter dated October 12, 1973 and have noted the contents. So far the new disciples are concerned, I am accepting on your recommendation the following as my initiated disciples:

Maharani Dasi - Shirley Daniels

Dhenumati Dasi - Coleen Handlon

Krsnakathananda Dasa Adhikary - Richard Marcolini &

Sarvashaktimati Dasi- Angeline Marcolini.

Also enclosed find one sacred thread chanted upon for Phatikcandra dasa brahmachari. Let Satsvarupa Maharaja chant on the beads and hold a fire sacrifice amongst the devotees. Take care of the new disciples and please see that they are always engaged in Krsna’s service, chanting Hare Krsna.

Regarding your successful book distribution, you should know that this is the greater preaching. I am very much pleased. The conch shells as you have described may be kept on the altar as decoration, but they must be kept clean. Everything on the altar must always be clean.

Who is that rascal sannyasi who has recommended to chant Pancha Tattva mantra on the japa beads? First, send me his name.

I hope this meets you in good health.

Your ever well wisher,

A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami

ACBS/bs

In 1973 a certain sannyasi, whom everyone loves and misses to this day, started chanting an extra 16 rounds of panca tattva mantra on his beads. Naturally many started following his example. Srila Prabhupada stopped it.

The point is he did not stop the chanting of the panca tattva mantra, just the use of one's japa beads for the chanting.

We can ask ourselves if our attachment is for Their names or the beads? I use a clicker. I have placed a yellow sticker on it to mark it as only for the panca tattva mantra. I am no example for sure but this seems to work for me. Don't be excessively hung up on the beads.

Jai Nitai Gaura