IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Pankaja_Dasa

Mayavadis in the BIn

Rate this topic

I have been wondering what to do with the Picture of Sai Baba I have in my house, I was meaning to get rid of it for a long while but kinda forgot about it.

After some courage I grabbed the big framed picture and threw it in the dustbin outside, I really jammed it in the bin. Then I had this small picture somebody gave me that had the same treatment, all I can say..I feel more closer to Krishna now,. Maybe this pleased Guru and Gauranga?

Unfortunately, my grandmother and grandfather, pray to Sai Baba. They are too old, I can't do anything to convince them now. I just dont know what to do. I don't like the fact that in my house, Sri Krsna's deity has to stay beside Sai Baba picture.

Guest guest

Hare Krishna,

May I know which Sai Baba you are talking about ?

Anyway, I will not approve this kind of behavior. We are not christians. What happened to the advice that one should consider ourselves as low and humble as grass.

This just shows how weak your trust in Krishna is ? By acting in this silly manner you think you are movong closer to Krishna. Infact you have drowned yourself deeper in MAYA. Show everybody/every faith their due respect. Mahaprabhu dis not behave like you trashing the advaitis he met. Rather he sat down humbly in one corner to teach advaitis.

A real devotee is very calm and at peace always. Infact he is joyful chanting Hare Krishna manthra. He does not go around trashing other deities or speaking ill of other faiths. Instead with firm belief and knowledge he counters everybody.

Then you can.! Old people are most difficult to convince. But I convinced my parents very easy. I explained to my mother about Krishna by reading Gita {tried to do it daily}. Must have worked cause she has a friend whos a Sai Baba devotee. And my mum reufses to go anywhere near their temple.

To guestji. Its one thing being a Krishna devotee and meeting an Advaita but its another thing having thier picture in your house. You missed the point.

Guest guest

this devotee has the first duty to accept humbly the supremacy of sri krsna bhagavan

to keep the image of sai baba, one who wants to put himself at the place of sri krsna, in his place of worship in the home, was an offence to sri bhagavan..

false bhagavan vs true bhagavan

chaitanya mahaprabhu respected everyone, but his deities were radhakrsna & jagannath.. not mayavadis