IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

I've converted to Islam!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

such thing as the religion "Hindu". Muslims actually gave people who lived in a certain area of india that name. It was not based on their religion or beliefs, it was because of their geographic location. So, technically I do not live in that geographic area, therefore, I am NOT A HINDU!!!!!!! If you want to be that technical about it, thats the truth.

Guest guest

Islam refers to remembering ones relationship with the Supreme Being (Allah, the most compassionate).

I converted to Islam the moment I started enunciating the Holy Names of the Supreme Lord. At that time exactly, I also became favorable to the teachings of Lord Jesus Christ and His Blessed Mother as well. The moment the Holy Name appears to ears and lips, the entirity of scriptures detailing the pastimes of the Lord as well as the necessity for one to reciprocate Love of God by loving Him and all his created beings, all processes of religion are successful at that moment.

Lord Chaitanya convinced the Kazi, using the HOLY QORAN, that the Names of God are the goal of religion. The Kazi was still muslim, yet he fully converted to ISLAM by Lord Chaitanyas divine grace.

Islam has The personality of Godhead, Allah, as the central priority of ones life. True followers of Islam do not see enemies, for God has none.

Sectarianism is a different subject entirely, and this is where we find hindus, sunnis, shiites, christians, jews, and all the other eternally warring parties.

Hare Krsna, Allah Akbar, ys, mahaksadasa

Guest guest

Just because you say you're different doesn't make you different.

I'm not trying to be contentious, but some of you really do not understand Hinduism if you claim that the difference between a Hare Krsna and a Hindu is that a Hindu believes in many gods, and a Hare Krsna believes in Krsna as the Supreme God.

A Hindu does not NECESSARILY believe in many gods, and a Hindu could believe in Krsna as the Supreme God. If that is the case, how is he different from a Hare Krsna?

And yes, I know that the term Hindu is just a name given to those who lived by the Sindhu river. However, that does not mean the current definition of what a Hindu is, is wrong. Meanings change over the years, they get refined, and hence a Hindu does mean a person who shares the belief in karma, dharma, and reincarnation in this day and age.

Even so, I'm not even arguing about Hare Krsna devotees refusing the term Hindu. I am arguing the notion that they are any DIFFERENT from people who do call themselves Hindu.

Guest guest

I am a Mormon, my religion is a religion of peace and love, not like all of you Muslims and Hare Krishnas!, WE ARE THE REAL RELIGION OF LOVE AND PEACE AND THE MUST UNIVERSAL in this planet!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest guest

Have you visited the Hare Krishna temple in Salt Lake City? The Mormon Church was very generous with donations and help to build this magnificent Hare Krishna Temple in the middle of Mormon Territory. Many Mormons regularly visit the Hare Krishna Temple that the Mormon Church helped to build and participate in the many Hare Krishna celebrations at the Hare Krishna Temple that the Mormon Church so generously helped to build.

Thank you Mormon Church Elders for not being so small minded at this Mormon guest.

not a hindu nor a mormon guest

Guest guest

It might help to know if you are hindu, muslim, hare krishna, mormon, christian or whatever? Please tell us.

not a hindu, muslim, mormon, christian or whatever guest

Hare Krishna

but many others, including Hindus, Jains, Buddhists etc. simply chant, pray, perform rituals and leave it at that. It is pathetic because they dont understand the meaning of life.

We seem to be coming closer to the point. Kindly let us know what you consider to be the meaning of life. btw if you have not guessed already, you should have known by now that none of the points you listed are even remotely correct. I don't think the devotees will have anything to do with analyzing all your points before some decency is there in the exchange. Why are you avoiding the question of your intention to post this here? Are you wanting to show the vaishnavas/hindus/... to be pathetic. If you are even remotely sincere, then take up specific points and have a discussion trying to understand; else what kind of replies do you expect from such a post.

Guest guest

who doesnt want to be hindu and to the hindu guest...I came here to start a discussion, and instead, HKs and hindus are busy fighting over petty details, whether they worship one god or one million! What a waste of time!

Are there any mature people out there who can convince me that you guys deserve to be taken seriously?

Disappointed Muslim

Guest guest

That's just a conjecture. There is no basis for it. Give me evidence and I'll consider it. And oh, control your anger if you want to serve Allah (or Krishna).

Hare Krishna

Muslims consider it their duty to help fellow human beings, whereas westerners and hindus refuse to help, and think it is the govt.'s job.

What do you consider as helping fellow human beings? Forcibly converting others? See, don't let this pandora's box open.

That's just a conjecture. There is no basis for it. Give me evidence and I'll consider it. And oh, control your anger if you want to serve Allah (or Krishna).

Yes, and all your points and "advaita came from islam" etc. are conjectures which are wrong. Vaishnavas don't consider it important to shout from top all the atrocities committed by people dressed up as muslims for the centuries; rather they sincerely want to provide some spiritual knowledge and taste to one and all.

btw, islam is similiar to advaita; i can't believe your ignorance. You are commiting the greatest blasphemy in Islam by saying that man is the same as God !!!

Okay, so go and first read some more. I guess you thought advaita means that there is one God, you really have no idea. All the philosophies derived from Vedas say there is one God; advaita says all are God while dvaita says jiva and God and eternally different identities.

Hare Krishna

Are there any mature people out there who can convince me that you guys deserve to be taken seriously?

Please don't be so arrogant otherwise devotees here will even reject your entrance into the philosophy, what to talk of trying to convince. But if incorrect accusations are made then we do have to respond.

As a relgion and economics major, your 5 points are intresting to me, but unfortunately are just as whimsical, idealistic, and shallow as those of any other new convert, no matter what the faith. I think its great if you want to be a Muslim, at least get some real facts and spiritual rationale for your decision or else you'll might end up just as those wacko gun-waving morons on T.V.! LOL!

I opened this particular posting to see how it played out, and must admit I was a little disappointed that some devotees responeded with anger and sarcasm rather than calmly clear his misconceptions point by point - while simultaneously I can see why its hard to take someone seriously who goes to a Vaisnava forum in order to advocate Muslim religion. (Seems thats a way to put down our religion.) His sincerity of purpose (for posting here) does raise its head.

Numbers 3 and 5 from the original poster reveal material - not spiritual interests, and number 4 simply does not have supportive evidence to back it up, so was not a good idea to type it as one of his "proofs" of Muslim as a better path.

In any case, he will hear what he is open to hearing, and so I offer my web page with quotes from OUR spiriutal teacher who clearly has stated, repeatedly, we are not Hindu's and do not practice Hinduism. Also, we do not believe in the caste system (Prabhupada has also said that repeatedly), etc., etc.

If one is going to come here and tell us what we believe, please first read of what we actually do believe, because simply being stubborn and insisting we are still Hindu is just plain silly, which is why no one has taken you seriously - because we follow Prabhupada's teachings only and not Hindu teachings, not Western teachings, and not Muslim teachings or misunderstandings of what they think are our teachings.

With that said I leave you. Here is my link, for those who want to know the truth:

Diff Between Hinduism and KC

http://www.geocities.com/priitaa108/difference_between_hinduism_kc.htm

Good luck!

Also not a Hindu guest. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Just a few quotes from my web page, and then I'll shut up. LOL (Well, I make no promises on that. ha!)

----

Prabhupada: No. Hinduism practically we do not recognize because this word "Hinduism" is not mentioned in any Vedic literature. It is a foreign term. The Muhammadans, they called the inhabitants of India as "Hindus." From that word, it is has come to "Hinduism." Otherwise, we don't find that word in any Vedic literature. "Hinduism" is a foreign term, it is not a Vedic term.

----

"So here Krsna came to establish this fact, that "You are neither Roman, nor Indian nor brahmana nor sudra. You are My eternal servant. Therefore give up all this nonsense identification." Sarva-dharman parityajya. Because due to your wrong identification, you have created so-called "isms:" Hinduism, Muhammadanism, nationalism, this "ism," that "ism." This is all nonsense. This is the understanding of religion. Whatever we have created with the bodily concept of life, they are all nonsense. The real religion is that "I am eternal servant of Krsna." That is real religion." Srila Prabhupada lecture, Srimad Bhagavatam 1.2.6, May 24, 74, Rome Italy

-----

God is neither Christian nor Hindu nor Muslim. God is God. There may be angles of vision to approach God, but God is one. Therefore our attempt is that you become God conscious. Don't be limited by Christianism or Hinduism or Muhammadanism. So our formula is explained in the Srimad Bhagavatam. We have got the copies there. Sa vai pumsam paro dharmo yato bhaktir adhoksaje: "That is first-class religious system by which the followers become a lover of God." This is the, our formula." ~ Srila Prabhupada speaks to La Trobe University, Melbourne , July 1, 74

----

"If one advocates the Hindu religion, the Muslim religion, the Christian religion, this religion or that religion, there will be conflicts. History shows that followers of religious systems without a clear conception of God have fought with one another. There are many instances of this in human history, but systems of religion that do not concentrate upon service to the Supreme are temporary and cannot last for long because they are full of envy. " SB 6. 16. 41

----

"It should be noted that Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu never acknowledged the stereotyped caste system by birthright; rather, He strictly followed the verdict of the sastras in the matter of one's svarupa, or real identity." ~ S.B. 1.2.13 Purport

---

"People are after dharma, artha, kama and moksa. Generally they perform religious activities to achieve some material gain, and they engage in material activities for sense gratification. After being frustrated in material sense gratification, one wants to become liberated and become one with the Absolute Truth. These four principles form the transcendental path for the less intelligent. Those who are actually intelligent engage in Krishna Consciousness, not caring for these four principles of the transcendental method. They at once elevate themselves to the transcendental platform which is above liberation. Liberation is not a very great achievement, to say nothing of the ritualistic performances in religion, economic development or the materialistic life of sense gratification. Devotees do not care for these. They are always situated on the transcendental platform of the brahma-buta stage of self-realization." SB 3.2.36

<font color="purple">AND THE HOLY NAME AS MERE ESCAPISM??

</font color> This shows me he does not have proper or clear understanding of our teachings. Tho I can tell him and if he is stubborn or shut down he will not hear, but anyhow someone might, thus:

"One who knows the transcendental nature of My appearance and activities, does not, upon leaving the body, take his birth again in this material world, but attains My eternal abode, O Arjuna." This is the benediction of Lord Vishnu, Krsna. After giving up his body, a devotee returns home, back to Godhead....." Bhagavad-gita 4.9

---

"It was due to Ajamila's glorifying the holy name of the Supreme Lord that he was not punishable. The Visnudutas explained this as follows: "Simply by once chanting the holy name of Narayana, this brahmana has become free from the reactions of sinful life. Indeed, he has been freed not only from the sins of this life, but from the sins of many, many thousands of other lives. He has already undergone true atonement for all his sinful actions. If one atones according to the directions of the sastras, one does not actually become free from sinful reactions, but if one chants the holy name of the Lord, even a glimpse of such chanting can immediately free one from all sins. Chanting the glories of the Lord's holy name awakens all good fortune. Therefore there is no doubt that Ajamila, being completely free from all sinful reactions, should not be punished by Yamaraja." Srimad Bhagavatam 6.2, chapter summary

----

.....I dont have the quote on hand (tho can get it if no one else has it), but Prabhupada tells the story of the nondevotee who is working and the Bhakti yogi (devotee) who is working. They are both doing the same work, but one is chanting while the other is not. Therefore, the activity 'appears' the same to the human eye, but the devotee is getting out of the material world with his world, whereas the other is becoming more entangled. In any case, no where does Prabhupada say dont work, just sit around and chant and "escpae." Another misunderstanding. Oh, here is a helpful quote on that topic:

"Here is, sitting, Sri Gosvamiji. He's coming from Gopala Bhatta Gosvami. So all these six Gosvamis, they were not inactive. They were always active. As we are active in the karma, karmi life, so bhakti life is also activity. It is not sitting down idly or gossiping. One must find out some job to serve Krsna. That is bhakti life. Hrsikena hrsikesa-sevanam. Sevanam means activity. Sevanam does not mean sit down idle, inert. No. As soon as seva... Seva means activity. One has to preach, one has to write, one has to do this, do that, cook, offer the prasadam, everything. Seva, activity.

What conjecture? Basis for what? Evidence for what?

In truth, I have to do nothing for you - least of all take your uninformed advice. So please offer none. I have no use for such religionists. Give me an honest agnostic any day, rather than another religious poseur. The camel speaks better for Allah than does the 'Guest'; just another big ego trying to steal God's glory for himself. Well, you won't get away with theft here, little boy.

Guest guest

Hey islam convert ,

what happens to a person after death as per islam ?

what does he do with GOD , forever after death ?

regards

interested person

Guest guest

your version of islam seems to be based on negatiing all other religions only. Nothing positive only negation !!!

Guest guest

http://www.hindu-religion.net/showflat/cat/hinduism/73868/0/collapsed/5/o/1

This joker was in Hindu forum.

Is that why quran allows muslims to own female slaves and sexually exploit them ? or is this why Mohammad encouraged his followers to capture women in war and rape them. Do you call this compassion. or is it pure hatred and lust. Please question your foolishness.

Quran

33:50 O Prophet! We have made lawful to thee thy wives to whom thou hast paid their dowers; and those whom thy right hand possesses out of the prisoners of war whom Allah has assigned to thee;

Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Book 62:

Volume 7, Book 62, Number 137:

Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri:

We got female captives in the war booty and we used to do coitus interruptus with them. So we asked Allah's Apostle about it and he said, "Do you really do that?" repeating the question thrice, "There is no soul that is destined to exist but will come into existence, till the Day of Resurrection."

Guest guest

<font color="brown">If you come today, you are too early!!! </font color>

<font color="green"> If you come tommorrow, you are too late. </font color>

Guest guest

I have read the koran and it says it was revealed in Arabic so that arabs can also understand religion in their own language. You are just a new convert so you still have much reading to do. The Koran insists again and again that it's message is identical to the one in the torah and in the gospels. By attacking christianity you contradict the Koran. Keep studying the Koran and your desire for polemics will be extinguished.

Radha kunda dasa

Guest guest

"so that the Arabs can ALSO understand religion in their own language"

...insinuating the message of Islam already existed but not in a language that the Arabs understood.

God is so wonderful - He takes care of all of his children!

Guest guest

Anyway, as Mohammad said, "Tell them, we have our minhaj and they have theirs."

"Unto every one of you We have appointed a (different) law and way of life. And if Allah had so willed, He could surely have made you all one single community: but (He willed it otherwise) in order to test you by means of what He has given you. Vie, then, with one another in doing good works! Unto Allah you all must return; and then He will make you truly understand all that on which you were wont to differ." (5.48)