IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
TheMerkaba

Artifical Inteligence

Rate this topic

What would happen if man created a machine, thats smart enough, to have his own concinouness, understand pain and happiness, is aware of his self, and can make his own decisons juding by what he remebers?

Does this computer have a soul?

Guest guest

All living embodied beings, possessed of the functions of thinking, feeling and willing, are in their lifespan characterized by 1)Birth, 2)Growth, 3)Procreation, and 4)Death. Man can never make a machine that confirms to these different symptoms or capabilities. And if he would succeed, that would mean Big Trouble I'm afraid. Stones have souls? Then I am a stone.

Guest guest

may have souls does not mean it is a phase of conscious life for them. But if they ever had a thing such as their "will" or the ability to exercise that "will", it would certainly become a phase of conscious life.

In that way, too, a machine would then be a being of consciousness.

The Matrix trilogy also says the same thing.

Is better than real stupidity.

Old joke. But my parents created a machine that thinks and stuff, namely my body. However it doesn't have a soul. The truth is that my soul adopted this body. My soul existed before the body and indeed has 'owned' numerous bodies in the past and likely will enjoy many in the future. So I can't say that this thinking body has a soul. Therefore I can't conclude that the Big Blue chess computer has a soul.

And yet some souls take birth as ghosts, so maybe Bobby Fischer may well come back as Big Blue.