IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
theist

45 million Turkey's to die for Thanksgiving

Rate this topic

Great. Thanks for nothing. 1 bird for every 5 or 6 humans in the USA.

----------

A Turkey's LifeMore than 45 million turkeys are killed every year for Thanksgiving alone, and more than 300 million are killed for food throughout the year in the United States. These beautiful, inquisitive, intelligent birds endure lives of suffering and painful deaths.

Did you know?

• Factory-farmed birds are fed antibiotics and have been purposely bred to gain an enormous amount of weight in a short period of time. This leads to heart attacks, crippled feet, and painful, swollen joints. The bones and leg muscles of many birds give out under the weight of their huge upper-bodies, and countless others are barely able to stand.

• On factory farms, turkeys live for months in sheds where they are packed so tightly that flapping a wing or stretching a leg is nearly impossible. Most are given no more than three and a half square feet of space. They stand in waste, and urine and ammonia fumes burn their eyes and lungs.

• To keep the overcrowded birds from scratching and pecking each other to death, part of their beaks and toes are sliced off with hot blades, and no anesthetics are used.

• Millions of turkeys don’t make it past the first few weeks on factory farms because they succumb to “starve out,” a condition in which newly hatched birds do not begin to feed and starve to death. It is believed to be a stress-induced reaction to the rough transport and handling that they endure and to the removal of the young birds’ snoods and parts of their beaks and toes.

• At the slaughterhouse, turkeys are hung upside-down by their weak and crippled legs. Their heads are dragged through an electrified “stunning tank,” which often immobilizes them but does not render them unconscious. Many dodge the tank, meaning that they are fully conscious when their throats are slit.

• If the knife also misses its mark, birds are boiled alive in the tank of scalding water designed for feather removal.

• Millions of people become sick and thousands die each year from eating contaminated flesh. Studies indicate that one out of every eight turkeys is infected with salmonella bacteria.

• Turkey contains no fiber but has lots of fat and cholesterol. For example, a roasted turkey’s leg contains 724.5 milligrams of cholesterol and derives 42 percent of its calories from fat—more than many cuts of beef.

-----------------

Spoke to a Christian fellow on a chat room and said Thats Bible it says "Thou shalt not kill", I gave evidence like killing for the tongue is sense gratification. And that everything even trees have consciousness. I provided quite good material for this guy. But still he was adament that eating meat was ok. What can you do eh? I mean you'd have to be on another planet to see that it holds some kind of sinful reaction. Even a little? Tell me who do you convince? Or should we not even bother.

But he didn't waste time with them. On forums I make the point with them but I am really speaking to anyone that may be listening in.

Do your best. The results are up to Krsna. But with so many receptive souls waiting to hear why spend time talking to a rock.