IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Sunandaji

dharma punx

Rate this topic

This is a cool link to some film trailer about an ex drug addcit teaching meditation to the punk scene.... the guy is called Noah Levine and he's buddhist, he wrote a book called dharma punx.

i propose this link because i think it can be inspiring for us in the HK scene. More and more punk people are getting into spirituality. I myself wouldn't be a devotee now without the inspiration of the hardcore band Shelter.

http://www.digitalrites.com/meditate/trailer2.html

get some ideas in it... and preach !! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Jay Radhe !!

I knew lot of punk people and they are very nice mostly. very tolerant and understanding. They have rejected this society radically and they got lot of potentional to become spiritual.

I play in a band, which is kind of Nirvana-like and I try to spread Hare Krishna messsages in this way too.

But anyhow, we are not punks, hippies or other things, we are spirit souls haha. u can always find some nasty people who wear the mask in order to conform.

cool man !!

i come from the hardcore scene, that where i knew KC. i'm friend with raghu from shelter, and you're right we are all spirit souls (sounds like the MANTRA LP text in the booklet !! ) good luck with your band

Jay Radhe !!

I too come from a hardcore background, from the Berkeley/North Oakland punk scene...but still had to go thru the school of hard knocks for alot of years before I gave a Prabhupada book a chance.

I think in general those in the hardcore scene are very prone to get turned onto Krishna, seeing how we were fed up with society's problems, and rejecting the materialists (or the American) "dream" as being the goal of one's life.

What to speak, the stories in the Mahabharata and Srimad Bhagavatam are quite alternative in a way...all the pastimes are just plain too cool . Prahlada Maharaja? definately alternative, wouldn't you say?

It is cool to hear that there are KC Hardcore bands who are opening the eyes of their admirers.

(I edited some words for better synonyms)

Nitai Gaura premanande!

Hari bol!

Guest guest

"I think in general punk rockers are very prone to get turned onto Krishna"

i do not see any our previous acharyas and masters who lived as a hippy, or punk or like similar rejected by the society..

i see scientists, philosophers, scholars...

Guest guest

and it is definitely a blessing from krsna... but "...punk rockers are very prone to get turned onto Krishna.."is a little too much

if our preaching has success only between the rejected of society and alternatives and we fail to give krsna consciousness to average people and to the more cultural and advanced one.. we are doing something wrong in explaining philosophy and giving example

My comment was not that only punk rockers are prone to become Hare Krsnas. It was that their background and experience and dissatisfaction may push them to seek for spiritual solutions. /images/graemlins/smile.gif and this is practicaly true for everyone in Kali Yuga...don't you think? I hope everyone comes back to Krsna. Besides, hardcore, punk, etc... these are just false ego coverings. we are all spirit souls.

The renunciates: the hippies of the sixties and punks of the nineties have abandoned the sham of the modern televised illusion. They are the fakirs and renunciates, the young Siddharthas of the Indian jungles.

The average man really buys into that puny world of more more now now. To unhook them from the sham we have to teach renunciation by not stealing their money anymore, celibacy by stop buggering little boys, and philosophy by true humility in the presence of Sri Krsna. Words buy us nothing, but instead build our own illusions of greatness which are oh too obvious to even the common man who lives only for such trivial false prestige.

The average man really buys into that puny world of more more now now. To unhook them from the sham we have to teach renunciation by not stealing their money anymore, celibacy by stop buggering little boys, and philosophy by true humility in the presence of Sri Krsna. Words buy us nothing, but instead build our own illusions of greatness which are oh too obvious to even the common man who lives only for such trivial false prestige.

We don't want your money

We don't want your little boys

We're not gonna sell you a bunch of words

We only wany your soul punk so that Krsna can be happy.