IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Pankaja_Dasa

Doubts

Rate this topic

So Vedic knowledge is complete because it is above all doubts and mistakes, and Bhagavad-gita is the essence of all Vedic knowledge.

Vedic knowledge is not a question of research. Our research work is imperfect because we are researching things with imperfect senses. We have to accept perfect knowledge which comes down, as is stated in Bhagavad-gita, by the parampara disciplic succession. We have to receive knowledge from the proper source in disciplic succession beginning with the supreme spiritual master, the Lord Himself, and handed down to a succession of spiritual masters. Arjuna, the student who took lessons from Lord Sri Krsna, accepts everything that He says without contradicting Him.

__ Bg. Intro {extract}

But ignorant and faithless persons who doubt the revealed scriptures do not attain God consciousness. For the doubting soul there is happiness neither in this world nor in the next.

__ Bg. 4.40

For me, I sometimes think of the mercy of Lord Krsna and Srila Prabhupada and other vaishnava saints. If it weren't for Srila Prabhupada, I would definitely be 100% materialist without having any regard for spirituality, God etc. I always try to remind myself of this, that Swami Prabhupada helped me to set my destination to life of purity rather than a life of impure, miserable, material life. You definitely cannot doubt that Swami Prabhupada has not helped you because if you look at your life and those who haven't yet been introduced to Krsna Consciousness, you will see that their lives, although maybe materially prosperous, emotionally its devastating. This there is no doubt about because materialism is not our field of existence. I also sometimes used to say to myself that just because I doubt something, it doesn't mean its not real. I think if you develop a surrendered mood towards the vaishnavas in general and the Lord, while chanting the holy name, everything else will come. I hope some senior posters at this board can help you out more.

Yes, but were they really resolved when we thought they were?

Yes. Vedas is pure. Cannot be faulted. I am not analizing what a doubt is because that would be doubting in itself which is useless. Anyway I await a sufficient reply to clear my doubt /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Guest guest

This is an important topic! When I have doubts I resd Prabhupada's books, letters, and listen to his lectures. Sometimes the answer comes immediatly, sometimes years later when the Lord in the heart reveals the meaning. I'm stunned at how Srila Prabhupada answers the doubts. He's Incredable!

I read this before, its very informative to know why we loose faith. {its because of the material world} and not considering the high consiousness. I find it good to make notes after reading something like this. Either in the mind or on paper.

Tell me your views.

<center>

Faith Is Our Real Wealth

by

Bhakti Rakshaka Sridhara Maharaja

</center>

Why does our consciousness come down and cannot have a higher conception of higher spiritual existence, but our attention is drawn to some material thing? We think some medicine, or some intoxication can help us. When I cannot raise my consciousness to the fine and higher conscious substance, then we come to seek help in the material world. "These substances will help me." It is suicidal.

We cannot manage to have a connection directly with the higher conscious substance then we come to seek some means in the lower. "With the help of that I will make advancement towards the finer consciousness. The matter will help me to understand, to acquire consciousness." We are thus faithless in the agents of that Absolute Truth, the Vaisnavas. It is due to vaishnava-aparadha, losing faith in the conscious agents of the Supreme, that we go to the material substance, "Help me!" I lose faith in the spiritual agency and the long and the short is this - we seek shelter in a material thing and we lose our faith in the higher agency. We can't see their Grace.

So, that is the underlying position of an intoxication monger. No faith in the higher agent, that which is spiritual which is soul in character, but more aspiration to get help from the lower substance.

The scientific conception is also like that, degrading. Degrading, losing faith in the spiritual efficacy, their grace or their position, we come below standard. No faith. We cannot put faith in the devotee, the scripture, or the acharya. Disappointed we go to seek help from some atom of matter, "That will give me everything."

abhyarthitas tada tasmai stanani kalaye dadau

dhyutam panam striyah suna yatradharmas catur vidhah

punas ca yacamanaya jata-rupam adat prabhuh

tato 'nrtam madam kamam rajo vairam ca pancamam

Charm for the material world, dhyutam to get money very cheaply, not in the ordinary constitutional way, but by a cheating process, this is dhyutam. Panam is also like that intoxication. That is earned by black marketing, panam. The energy I can collect in an ordinary sense, I am not satisfied with that but in some black way I want to amass some energy by panam. This is the meaning of Panam. I want to get energy by unfair means. Striyah, that is raso vai sah. He is the center of all ecstasy, but we go to collect that experience of ecstasy in a very cheap way from material things. Suna is also a cheap way to develop the body. The flesh, mamsa, can be more easily utilized for the flesh in me that other vegetables.

So it is all very easy, not in a regular and proper way to preserve oneself, but in a cheapway, by cheating, we want to agrandize ourselves.

Gold is such a substance that if one can get control over gold, he can have control over all material prosperity, the dollar, the pound, the rupee, rice, everything. If I can possess gold, I can easily get everything. This is cheating. With a small thing like gold, jata-rupam I can control the entire food chain. I can control all the necessities of the human beings. Cheap marketing, not a regular life, but in a cheating process. By these five cheating processes we can become great, so they must be given up. We must be plain, simple and truthful and live here as a bonafide and sincere member, where we are. You are put in the jail don't try any other black things to help yourself, but sincerely give your labour as it is ruled and you will be free very soon.

When you are a criminal be a good criminal then you will be able to acquire freedom. Already you are a criminal and in the prison you are cheating others. So, lead a simple life. Do not incur any further debt, but try to pay the debt you have already incurred. With this process you will be free very soon. Not by any artificial process, but if you adopt a sincere and simple process not by diplomacy or any other thing. Simply, "I am the greatest criminal. Oh my Lord, please forgive me. Take me out. Please be gracious over me." This is the way to adopt, not any artificial means.

It is only our love for artificial things that has brought us here. In the highest ideal there is no place for diplomacy, cheating or any of these things. This is the fashion of this mayic world of misconception. To acquire anything too easily means to deceive others, but you cannot deceive God. Simply go to Him and pray that, "I am a culprit. I am so and so. Forgive me and accept me." This is a plain, simple way. Your knowledge also cannot help you, it is jnana-sunya-bhakti, pure surrender, wholesale surrender. Don't use any reason there. Don't go to plead for your own cause. Complete surrender. Don't plead in favour of yourself, rather if you have to plead, plead to the Lord that you are the most heinious. That will be more effective. This is the way.

Love Divine. It is against the conception of the ontology of love that a particular material atom may give love, prema, heart's feelings. The heart can be purchased by a chemical, by using medicine I can get God?" Use this medicine and God will come to please and serve you. I am super-super God and I am giving this medicine." Never! The simple way is 'love for love.' Give yourself and you will get Him. It is simple and pure. Surrender to the High and the High will come down to welcome you.

sarva-dharman parityaja mam ekam saranam vraja

aham tvam sarva papebhyo moksayisyami ma suca

How comprehensive, reasonable and natural this is. "Give up everything, all engagements, and come to Me freely. I am ready to accept you anytime, at any moment. Accept that all obligation to any other thing is stopped and come to Me. I shall welcome and embrace you. All obligations are stopped. Whatsoever obligations you incur or think to possess in this world are discontinued. Only My obligation remains. Your obligation to Me is absolute and these others are all relative and temporary. They are artificial and concocted. Your obligation to Me is wholesale, pure and clear. Try to realize that."

http://www.guardian-of-devotion../articles/faith2.htm