IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Pankaja_Dasa

What is sense gratification?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

"The natural gifts such as grains, vegetables and fruits, rivers, hills of jewels and minerals and the seas full of pearls are supplied by the order of God, and as He desires nature produces them in abundance or restricts them at times. The flow of river waters fertilises the fields and minerals are produced in the hills and jewels in the ocean. The natural law is that the human being may take advantage of these godly gifts of nature and flourish without exploiting and lording it over material nature. If human civilization has sufficient grains, minerals, jewels, water and milk then why should it hanker after terrible industrial enterprises at the cost of the labour of some unfortunate men? Human prosperity flourishes by natural gifts and not by gigantic industrial enterprises, which are products of a godless civilization and cause the destruction of the noble aims of human life. The more we go on increasing such troublesome industries to squeeze out the vital energy of the human being, the more there will be unrest and dissatisfaction of the people in general, although a few only can live lavishly by exploitation. The more we attempt to exploit material nature according to our whims of enjoyment, the more we shall become entrapped by the reaction to such exploitative attempts." If your looking for a scientfic answer,then you wont get it from a material scientist,but from the teachings of a spiritual scientist such as A.C.Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada.

Gratify the senses, enjoy the senses. The mind which coordinates the senses is also considered a sense.

Why did I do it? Because I wanted to hear something nice. So I played music. I ate because I wanted to taste something nice. On and on like that. The introspective devotee knows why he does everything, eventually uprooting the less noble motivations that orchestrate our lives.

From American Heritage Dictionary:<blockquote>gratify

1. To please or satisfy: His achievement gratified his father. See synonyms at please.

2. To give what is desired to; indulge: gratified her curiosity.

3. Archaic To reward. </blockquote>