IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Pankaja_Dasa

Bodily Consciousness & Krsna Consciousness

Rate this topic

Hare Krishna I had a wonderful conversation with this devotee. I edited the conversation a bit, because for anybody who has chats you know its not always on one line. So excuse the flaws just take the essence haribol.

The devotee called Bhakta is senior Srila Prabhupada disciple. I changed his nick. Wasn't sure if he said it was ok to post his name. So I change for now. Sorry.

Bhakta: I could understand something very heavy today. When consciousness is separated from the body...I mean to say when we are not of the bodily consciousness. Then we can experience that our body..our human body...is only one type of body..that we have had and before we had a different type of body consciousness is very small..compared to the universe it is easier to understand how.. we have had different bodies..when consciousness is detached from..our present condition. This makes you feel both..very humble..and protected by a higher power. Consciousness has nothing to do with the body. It is only occupying temporarily, sometimes we have mouse body or goat or demigod or human but human is best for KC and to meet bonafide guru meeting bonafide guru is highest gift of human life because then consciousness can be understood.

Pankaja_dasa: Krsna consciousness?

Bhakta: Yes, both self and Self, atma and paramatma and Bhagavan we think that our life is something important it revolves around the body. But our bodies change ..so what is the point?

Pankaja_dasa: prabhuji so consciousness is just in whatever body you may have?

Bhakta: yes, full consciousness but intelligence is not there in lower forms

Pankaja_dasa: we are consciousness of this body?

Bhakta: This intelligence is great gift only now is our intelligence there to understand God same consciousness is there is animal form but lower intelligence we were in animal form previously

this can be understood when our consciousness is detached from our body consciousness is simply transmigrating human body is animal body. With developed intelligence We should see like that.

Pankaja_dasa: Detached how?

Bhakta: yes, vairagya if we can become detached now, then we can see the whole journey that we have been taking for so many lifetimes. Then we can truly give up this nonsense

and surrender to Krsna. I am very grateful for this realization....

Pure, clear consciousness nothing to do with the mind or body ...soul all this self centered stuff becomes slackened when we are too much ignorant of our soul, then we are lost in our body and mind. Chanting the Holy Names..is the only way to raise our consciousness. IT is the means and the end. This is what Rupa Goswami states in Nectar of Devotion. Bhakti is practiced in both the conditioned and liberated state...very important point....

It is lifelong process of chanting day after day then we become in tune with the sound of Krsna's name miraculously we become in tune with God !

Pankaja_dasa: what's the relation between bodily consciousness and chanting?

Bhakta: Consciousness is becoming separate from the body it is like the turtle the senses are withdrawing the consciousness is beginning to focus of Krsna more and more Krsna is more attractive then Maya so, we are becoming liberated.

Pankaja_dasa: our real consciousness!

Bhakta: O yes very much we are slowly returning Back to Home no matter what, we should chant every day even if we are dying or sick or happy no matter what every day we must chant because we do not know the arrangement when we shall die. This body has a limit of time

So we want to leave this body in harmony with Krsna.

Pankaja_dasa: ok let me ask, how is chanting krsna name same as krsna?

Bhakta: Achintya part of the mystery. He is far away and near as well. We accept this mystery. We have faith

Pankaja_dasa: Faith is key word?

Bhakta: Yes, faith is Krsna. I give them the intelligence by which they may come to me BG

Pankaja_dasa: chanting is like associating with lord yes?

Bhakta: IF the sun is out and shining..no one has to tell me how nice it is. I am experiencing Directly....So when I chant, I feel Krsna that is the proof. Guru says it is so and I experience this truth. I have faith in him so I follow then I experience

Pankaja_dasa: Guru knows krsna because Guru is spiritual we have only to have faith

Bhakta: Yes, he has eyes. IF his eyes are open, then we should be guided by guru.

Pankaja_dasa: How far does our consciousness stretch?

Bhakta: Prabhupada says that everyone is MAD about their attachments, consciousness is pervading the body right now. I do not occupy your body nor do I occupy anyone else's body

so I am limited but KRsna occupies all. PRabhupada says that we are dependent both now and when we are liberated.

Pankaja_dasa: So it that achintya bheda bheda they speak of?

Bhakta: No. Achintya is Krsna and how He is simultaneously one and different from everything. He pervades all but He is also outside of everything. That is stated in the Gita. That is His achintya.

Pankaja_dasa: So Krsna consciousness means what then?

Bhakta: To be conscious of Krsna and..to have a favourable relationship with Him. To surrender to Him and accept His shelter. Then, to engage our soul in His service. This is Krsna consciousness.

Pankaja_dasa: Achintya bhedha bhedha is same yet different from Krsna So isn't our consciousness same and different?

Bhakta: No, we are not same as Krsna...we are always different, same in quality but different in quantity ..both are spiritual but He is always greater then us. He is our shelter. KRsna has no shelter. Everything rests on Me like pearls strung on a thread BG. Our soul is so tiny

Pankaja_dasa: So achintya bheda bheda refers to quantity?

Bhakta: Apply Achintya to KRsna, not so much to us.

Pankaja_dasa: yes

Bhakta: He is all pervasive as brahman, He is localized as paramatma, He is person as Bhagavan Krsna. We are so tiny it aint funny. God is so powerful it aint funny. We are so controlled but we do not see this..we are taking on bodies...we are transmigrating.

Who is doing this to us? What are we? GUru makes us stop and consider. We must get off this karmic train. We must deeply consider our situation .We are consciousness that has become contaminated by God's material energy.

Pankaja_dasa: Only contaminated

Bhakta: So either we remain here and take shelter of GOd's maya or we surrender to GOd and go Back to Home, to serve HIm

Pankaja_dasa: So can be resolved

Bhakta: Either case, we are servant. We are never, never master. BUT in Vrndavana, Krsna allows HImself to be controlled by His devotees. This is also achintya.

Pankaja_dasa: you'd think well who want to be master anyway but that exactly what we're trying to do!

Bhakta: Yes.. this is our disease we are misusing our independent free will. If we chant Hare Krsna, then we can change our karma

Pankaja_dasa: can you explain why chanting What's so special about nama?

Bhakta: Yes. Krsna has inconceivable potencies. That is what Gauranga has taught Rupa and Sanatana. He has divested all His potencies in His name. By chanting Hare Krsna we are associating with Krsna and all of His inconceivable potencies. Krsna is not limited. Chanting is the recommended religious process for this Age. We should have firm faith

Pankaja_dasa: should we also have faith in chanting? Like we have faith we are souls.

Bhakta: Krsna's name brings joy to everyone. Some accept and some reject. That is their choice but KRsna's name is the cause of joy. So, if we accept, then we are faithful. If we reject, then we are demoniac. On the battlefield, He blew His conchell. He brought joy to the hearts of the faithful and fear to the enemy. Faith is what keeps us on tract Back to Home...Like a shining beacon. Regular chanting is the battery. Even if we are not attracted, we should chant because GUru said we should. Even if our mind is saying no, we should chant.

Pankaja_dasa: Why does the mind say no all the time?

Bhakta: The mind is stupid...IT is deeply conditioned. It carries direction from the false ego and contaminated intellgience..but, later, the mind will settle down. It is harder to control then the wind BG but it will settle down and begin to like the chanting.