IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Pankaja_Dasa

Anybody know about Bhakti-rasayana Slokas

Rate this topic

Hare Krishna

I've been reading 'The Art of Chanting' I am wondering if anybody uses this practice here. Basically it says that these verses are to be chanted after each japa. And meditated on. It sounds like something nice which I would like to do, any views.

Oh yes. Thankyou. Good luck I have them.

In the final chapter of Sri Brhad-bhagavatamrta, after the story of Gopa-kumara has been completed (see Going Beyond Vaikuntha), Sanatana Goswami has quoted verses from the tenth canto of the Srimad Bhagavatam which Pariksit Maharaja spoke to his mother Uttara. They are verses of very beautiful poetry which stimulate the sentiment of bhakti. Stringing these verses together, Sanatana Goswami has composed a necklace for the benefit of the sadhakas of this world, and when sadhakas keep these verses in their hearts, it is as if they are wearing this necklace around their necks. And if while taking Harinama they sometimes call out these verses, it will increase the ananda in their chanting. This compilation of verses is known as bhakti-rasayana, or the nectar-tonic of bhakti-rasa. ---Srila Bhaktivedanta Narayana Maharaja