IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

how can i start?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

i want to develop loving relationship with Krsna. my problem is, idont know how to start. pls helppp.

hear hari katha (stories about Krishna), chant His names, sing His praises, serve His deity in the temple, etc. etc. and realize that He is very very merciful, kind, loving and lovable. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I will try to find a list of devotional activities... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Guest guest

my main problem right now is that i dont have associations with His devotees. its so hard for me to practice bhakti yoga on my own. i cant concentrate on chanting. ive been hearing stories about His pasttimes since childhood but ifeel stucked. ive started to give up eating meat about 5 yrs ago and tried to follow the 4 regulative principles. dont know what to do next..

Krsna is with you, inside you, and surrounds you at all times, try and cultivate that in your conciousness as much as possible, all day long, every breath if possible.

Talk to him about everything and anything all day long, this is a good way to cultivate a friendship with him.

He loves it when you do that!

Guest guest

Dear guest "how can I start"

The entire process of spiritual life begins with sincere enquiry or seeking "who am I' in time we realize we are spirit soul through this question.

In the Bhagavad-Gita..'Song of God"..It is recommended to embark upon this beautifully mystical journey by approaching a self realized soul in the form of a spiritual master or guide if you will.

Bg.4.34 tad vaddhi pranipatena

pariprasena sevaya

upadeksyanti te jnanam

jnaninas tattva-darsinah

"Just try to learn the truth by approaching a spiritual master.Inquire from him submissively and render service unto him. The self realized soul can impart knowledge unto you because he has seen the truth.

To digress one moment in a previous verse it is explained why this process takes precidence in the search for spiritual knowledge, the reason being that it is the Lords desire to do so by dint of His undeserved mercy and love for the conditioned soul in the material world.We are all His children,and He wishes for us to return home back to Godhead...the spiritual realm.

Bg.4.7. yada yada hi dharmasya

Krsna descends gives instruction to surrender...the highest priciple of religion is to surrender to Him only,and nothing more.Vedic principles push one towards complete surrender unto Him. The Lords mission is the same-to lead people to God consciousness and obedience to the principles of religion.

It is somewhat a hard act to follow in this modern age of false independence but I assure you the laws of material nature are stringent and by surrender to the process of reading Bhagavad-Gita and other Vedic Literatures by seeking the spiritual master and rendering service you will immediately feel spiritual emotion unlike anything in this world. You will become blissful,happy, because this process of chanting,dancing and honoring prasad(spiritual food offered to the Lord)is joyfully performed.

Guest guest

Dear guest "how can I start"

The entire process of spiritual life begins with sincere enquiry or seeking "who am I' in time we will realize we are spirit soul through this question.

In the Bhagavad-Gita..'Song of God"..It is recommended to embark upon this beautifully mystical journey by approaching a self realized soul in the form of a spiritual master or guide if you will. His Grace Srila Prabhupada is the author of the Bhagavad-Gita 'As it is" You may aquire a copy at any Krsna temple or even in your local bookstore or library.

Bg.4.34 tad vaddhi pranipatena

pariprasena sevaya

upadeksyanti te jnanam

jnaninas tattva-darsinah

"Just try to learn the truth by approaching a spiritual master.Inquire from him submissively and render service unto him. The self realized soul can impart knowledge unto you because he has seen the truth.

To digress one moment in a previous verse it is explained why this process takes precidence in the search for spiritual knowledge, the reason being that it is the Lords desire to do so by dint of His undeserved mercy and love for the conditioned soul in the material world.We are all His children,and He wishes for us to return home back to Godhead...the spiritual realm.

Bg.4.7. yada yada hi dharmasya

Krsna descends gives instruction to surrender...the highest priciple of religion is to surrender to Him only,and nothing more.Vedic principles push one towards complete surrender unto Him. The Lords mission is the same-to lead people to God consciousness and obedience to the principles of religion.

It is somewhat a hard act to follow in this modern age of false independence but I assure you the laws of material nature are stringent and by surrender to the process of reading Bhagavad-Gita and other Vedic Literatures by seeking the spiritual master and rendering service you will immediately feel spiritual emotion unlike anything in this world. You will become blissful,happy, because this process of chanting,dancing and honoring prasada (spiritual food offered to the Lord) is joyfully performed bringing the practioner unlimited happiness and love in their lives.

I hope this gives you some sense of the unlimited joy you can experience by taking up this study of the Bhagavad-Gita and the chanting of Their Lordships Sri Sri Radha Krsna...the divine couple.

I pray this meets you well in health and in sagacious spirit..

sincerely ....

gopijana das....

Ashcroft B.C.Canada

Guest guest

im finding it hard to concentrate on His names. as a beginner, i feel bored repeating the names over and over. and what can i do about certain offenses? ifeel guilty after doing those and feel like He wont listen to me anymore because i have displeased Him.right now,i dont have associations with devotees. ive tried reading the Bhagavad-Gita, but my understanding is still limited. icant understand it. thank you so much.=)

You have already started. Just by desiring to draw closer to Krsna you have drawn closer. Every move we make towards Him He makes 10 or 100 towards us. And He can take big steps as he showed as Vamanadeva.

He sees your awkward position but nothing is awkward for Him. You will reach Him by His grace and not by the results of some process. Even to complete some process takes His grace.

A line from a poem by the great saint Bhaktivinode Thakur goes;

"Act in times that are with thee and progress thee shall call"

Fortunately we have this internet tool. This helps us stay in touch and remembering Krsna. A lot of us are isolated in one way or another but we have to make full use of the limited tools at hand.

Srila Prabhupada taught the following as an essential instruction;

"Always remember Krsna

and

Never forget Krsna."

We are all beginners here in this great endeavor. You have and are receiving wonderful advice as seen in the posts above. Do what you can and feel attracted to. Have fun in this process of self and Krsna discovery. Krsna says it is to be "joyfully performed."

My problem has always been consistency. I am still trying for that because that will help us tremendously. A budding sprout can absorbed only a little water at first but it needs it consistently. As it naturally grows it can take in more and more.

What is helpful to many of us is to listen to tapes and CD's of lectures and chanting of the advanced devotees. Even then i find my mind wandering all over the place. When we become aware of that we just bring it back to hearing the transcendental sound. Just that simple thing is authentic yoga practice and the very attempt pleases Krsna.

Thanks for joining us here. The more the merrier.

Hare Krsna

Krsna loves you *now* as you are. Start from this foundation. He cares not what you did in your life, he even cares not if you repeat some of these 'unholy' acts after today, as long as you continue to get to know him, love him, serve him in everyone you meet.

Keep moving in his direction, keep growing in his friendship, he loves you as you are, just start thinking of him, that's it.

Guest guest

Ouch....Is it my imagination or does everyone think just by chanting one becomes liberated from conditioned material existance...what of accepting spiritual master and what of Guru aparadhe....as the word breaks down apa-against..

Radhe-...Radha...one must understand no one gets there on their own, this is impersonalism.And what of Krsna's instruction bg.4.34. tad vaddhi pranipatena..

"Just try to learn the truth by approaching a spiritual master" this person will help to know Sri Sri Radha Krsna..

This person wrote a sincere request "how Do I start" and so far the advice is smacking of "You do it on your own" without help from advanced direction....if its that simple then the thirty-three years I have been chanting Hare Krsna and been endeavoring to be aspiring servant of His Grace Srila Prabhupada will be wasted...if I can simply do it on my own...

yours in service to Jagat Guru Srila Prabhupada and the Sampradaya,

gopijana das......