IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Pankaja_Dasa

Pray for the devotees, and that is the only business of my life.

Rate this topic

_

Your third question: why does Srila Narada Muni condemn Srila Vyasadeva for compiling the Vedic Scriptures? Sri Narada Muni was the Spiritual Master of Srila Vyasadeva. A Spiritual Master has the right to chastise his disciple any way He likes. A sisya or a disciple means one who accepts the disciplinary action given by the Spiritual Master. Even although sometimes a Spiritual Master chastises his disciple as a fool or rascal in fatherly affection, it does not mean necessarily that the disciple is a fool or a rascal. You will find even in the statement of Lord Caitanya--He presents Himself as a fool designated by His Spiritual Master, but that does not mean that He was a fool. A sincere disciple feels it pleasurable when his Spiritual Master chastises him with calling him such names as fool and rascal. My Spiritual Master sometimes called me in that way and I remember that day always and feel transcendental pleasure.

By following His footsteps, you can approach Nityananda Prabhu. Nityananda Prabhu approached Jagai and Madhai at the risk of being personally injured and still He definitely delivered them. The world is full of Jagais and Madhais; namely drunkards, women-hunters, meat eaters and gamblers, and we will have to approach them at the risk of insult, injury and similar other rewards. To face such reverse conditions of life and to suffer thereby the results of actions is considered as the greatest penance and austerity in the matter of spiritual advancement of life.

To sit down in a corner without preaching risk and to make a show of chanting Hare Krishna Mantra is condemned by my Spiritual Master and He has written a very nice song in this connection, which I am recording. The substance is that to become very dear to Krishna or Balarama or in other words to Lord Caitanya and Nityananda is to take the task of preaching work very seriously at all risk. Please always remember this and you will be successful.

So I see in your letter that you are also being bold in Krishna's service in the matter of the preaching work.

You asked me to pray for the devotees, and that is the only business of my life.

__ Letter to: Gajendra, Los Angeles, 27 January, 1970 {extract}

Is there any evidence of the story of King Muchukunda being true? I read in a book by Joseph Campbell that an Indian warrior named King Muchukunda was a great warrior but he got tired of fighting wars and decided to go live in a cave in a mountain. He only prayed that he could fall asleep and never be woken up again. Apparently the person that came and woke him up was Krsna. Is this a true story?

TRANSLATION

O Narada, although the potencies of the Lord are unknowable and immeasurable, still, because we are all surrendered souls, we know how He acts through yogamaya potencies. And, similarly, the potencies of the Lord are also known to the all-powerful Siva, the great king of the atheist family, namely Prahlada Maharaja, Svayambhuva Manu, his wife Satarupa, his sons and daughters like Priyavrata, Uttanapada, Akuti, Devahuti and Prasuti, Pracinabarhi, Ribhu, Anga the father of Vena, Maharaja Dhruva, Ikshvaku, Aila, Mucukunda, Maharaja Janaka, Gadhi, Raghu, Ambarisha, Sagara, Gaya, Nahusha, Mandhata, Alarka, Satadhanve, Anu, Rantideva, Bhishma, Bali, Amurttaraya, Dilipa, Saubhari, Utanka, Sibi, Devala, Pippalada, Sarasvata, Uddhava, Parasara, Bhurishena, Vibhishana, Hanuman, Sukadeva Gosvami, Arjuna, Arshtishena, Vidura, Srutadeva, etc.

__ http://srimadbhagavatam.com/2/7/43-45/en1

Deliverance of Mucukunda

__ http://www.krsnabook.com/ch51.html

Krsna, the Ranacora

__ http://www.krsnabook.com/ch52.html

Mucukunda is of the Iksvaku dynasty. Its probably in the Bhagavatam. Maybe his name is mentioned in the line. It goes all the way down to Luv and Kush {sons of Lord Rama}. I think maybe they leave some names out like in disicplic succession only Archaryas are mentioned. I bet I find the name later. In some obscure place. What a life.!