IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Scars on neck

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Krsna!

I have two dark scars on the front of my neck for the last four years or so, and I dont even remember how i got it. But there has been no injury there or anything at all. Still, the scars wont disappear. What to do? But more importantly, what are they, are they scars at all? How did they get there when i haven't hurt myself in that area? I am too embarrased to buy cosmetics or go to the doctor. Any suggestions? This is so weird, the rest of the skin is fair, whereas those particular spots have darkened. It is so ugly. I dont know what to do.

You should not be embarassed to go to a doctor and ask. No one else will be able to answer and even a doctor will need to edamine them to say for sure.

But don't just hide them under cosmwtics and hope to forget about them. Get them checked out so you will know for sure.

The only embarassment we should feel over the body is that we have developed a material body to try and enjoy through in the first place.

Guest guest

I understand, Theistji. But is a doc necessary at all? I mean, if it were dangerous, it could've caused trouble...but i've been having this for four years and nothing's happened. But I do feel it is ugly and that's why i want to do something. But I am not sure if a doc can help in this regard because it may not be a medical problem-i haven't experienced pain or anything.

But not being sure is robbing your mind of peace. If you get it checked you can put it behind you.

Some years ago a friend of mine noticed a dark mole like thing on my back. I had seen it before and had it for years. I only thought about it when it itched. The next time she came over she brought this color chart she picked up at her doctor's office and this blotch on my back looked exactly like something that appears when one has melanoma, skin cancer. Same coloring, same size and irregular shape. It even itched. I was really worried then and I couldn't stop thinking about it. I started mentally preparing for death.lol I swear I can really get overly dramatic sometimes. She finally convinced me to have it checked. I went to get a biopsy. It turned out to be nothing. I was so relieved.

Even if it had been something knowing would still have been the best option. Not knowing is the worst position.

Guest guest

I have had some problems with skin over the years. It sounds like it could be something like eczema. Eczema comes in diffrent forms. I know somebody that all of a sudden noticed some scars or darker skin around their neck and it turned out to be eczema. Also, do you wear beads around your neck?

Guest guest

I dont wear beads around my neck. What's eczema? I assumed it was small red spots. But i dont have any of those. The one i have is a long, dark stain.

Guest guest

I dont wear beads around my neck. What's eczema? I assumed it was small red spots. But i dont have any of those. The one i have is a long, dark stain. I asked the doc and he thinks it is because of the sun and that I shouldnt worry.

Guest guest

I have used a lotion called soft-e-lotion and it has stopped all flare-ups since I started using it. This stuff works better than anything my doctor prescribed. Lots of anti-inflammatory ingredients in it like natural vitmain E.

Kent and Family

Hari bol!

In my limited experiences, I have found that by breaking open a Vitamin E capsule and rubbing the oily substance on the darkened area will reduce colouration over time...

There is plenty of info online about Vitamin E in this regard.

I hope this is helpful.