IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Gauracandra

An Idea

Rate this topic

If you were to overlay a map of the U.S. and a map of India on top of each other, you could rougly segment certain areas of the U.S. to correspond to areas in India. I think there should be sister temples between the U.S. and India. For instance, Washington and Oregon temples could work together to assist in projects on the west of India. Temples in Texas can work with temples in South India. The Boston, New York, and Philadelphia temples can work on the east of India like Manipur, Calcutta etc.... Many cities in the U.S. have sister cities with other countries like Japan or Germany. Its usually a small plaque and some ornamental gift. But I think the idea of regional areas in the U.S. supporting regional projects in India would be good.

So that would mean the Toronto temple would support Tibet.

What is it that makes the Dali Lama so popular with karmies? He seems to turn up everywhere. Of course he never talks about God. He chuckles a lot and talks maybe about being happy.

We need a cool generic nonsectarian ambassador to show up on Oprah and Letterman and project a sane likeable image for Sri Caitanya's movement to the so hip too hip world.

Perhaps I will accept the mission improbable when I promote my new book "The Joke Stops Here".

Hello,

I have read that Buddha was always silent when asked about God. There have been Avatars sent to earth to put people onto path of enlightment, like Krishna and Christ. I am yet to see for myself the Truth, and that is why I try to have as many astral experiences, which I think is the only way I can know myself.

One can say for certain only when has met GOD and asked questions, before that all are beliefs.

in search of truth,

mini

You're writing a book gHari? what's it gonna be about? I thought we had had a cool dude to spread KC to the people with George Harrison, but he died. And then Shelter and 108 broke up... we need new people.

ok it could be me haha !!

more seriously, you are right, we need a new ambassador... Shelter and Raghunath were great, it's true. Ray is my friend and personnaly at a time they could have become vey popular but they kind of made a pause for some times... then went back into hardcore...

Only a dream, and you can write your own theme based on the title. I need more compassion for the fallen before the creativity will come for a blockbuster book. I'm afraid that right now I'm still feeling like they can all just go right to hell.

Let me go to hell for zillions of kalpas

but let everyone else go back home, back to Godhead. Yes?

So Prabhupada is not 'a cool dude'?

O yes we need someone who can chuck and jibe. Where to find such a character in our midst?