IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Why is Krishna black?

Rate this topic

There is some opinion in India today that the more "fair" the better. People in the US want to be darker (going to tanning booths to bake themselves) and people in India want to be lighter (not all people- but you *will* find "fairness creams" on the market).

In both cases I think there is a bit of status involved. Favoring "fairness"- it means you probably have a job inside rather than working in the fields. Favoring "darkness" you have all the time in the world to lay out in the sun like the stars do. At any rate...

The truly beautiful people are those from whom the sun of the inner Self- Lord Sri Krishna- is shining through the eyes, through the smile, through the voice, through the attitude, etc. And as for the Lord HIMSELF, who is the source of all beauty... my GOD, if you prefer the look of "fair" skin now, you will change your mind when you see that lovely black-bodied SRI KRISHNA!

smile.gif

:) Yes beloved this is very true the skin color that the lord had on his person is not whats important its the spritual message involved that matters.

Krisna has appeared in different forms and colors, krisna can appear anyway he likes, he chooses his appearance for specific purposes, he is always beautiful no matter what his color is at a given point, he glows through the skin and maybe because in the material world we would be blinded by his immense light (like 1,000 suns) he has to darken his skin to contain this immense light! I love krisna no matter what form or color he is in, as a matter of fact he is in everyones heart and therefore when I look at people no matter what color they are I see krisna and everyone is beautiful when you see it that way!

Hare krishna!!!!!

Guest guest

Some people have mentioned that krishna is from a black tribe in india, or that he is of black- origin. If you are talking about it from this point of view (physical), wouldn't his biological parents be black as well??

Guest guest

woow,, even though this topic has frustrated some of you as to why such question this question has made so many resposes and talk about krishna and desrcribing the krishna as if you have been with him for ages and seen him for ages with so much possesion and love for himm...........keep up this ongoing inner bakthi you all have.....krishna will be with you always

Guest guest

Dear respected prabhujis,

From what I understand, when Krsna is lighter color then there is more aiswarya mood. For example Narayana is very light bluish like rain cloud.

However the more rasa the devotee has for Krsna and the more prema Krsna has in Him for the devotee then He appears darker and darker like rain cloud becoming more heavily laden with rain.

Instead of rain however is concentrated prema or pure spiritual love. The more awe and reverence then appears to be lighter, the more purely the jiva is perceiving Krsna is mine and also Krsna is very eager and greedy and filled with topmost sentiments of reciprocation very concentrated then appears more blackish.

Also a differentiation need to be made: the Lord He is composed fully of saccidananda vigraha so it is not like ordinary "skin" of the bound jivas.

A more esoteric reason why He is blackish is so that it is easier for Him to meet with Radhika in the dead of night and not be detected.

And a more esoteric reason still of why He is blackish is He is black snake to steal the hearts of Gopis and very dangerous. The Gopis chastise Him "Get away from Radhika you don't deserve to come near to our Swamini!" So that

connotation of very dangerous Guy and chastised by Gopis.

But for those seeing Him as God then so much Light coming from Him so is more light like lustrous pearl. The more aiswarya the lighter in color. That is why there is the range of colors of His saccidananda transcendental Body.

Also I have seen some very good looking black skinned jivas and also I have even seen Asian Indian men and ladies some have sort of a bluish tint to their

dark skin. Even in this world I have seen, looks very unique.

When Krishna goes to Mathura and all the devotees saw him for the first time, they all saw him differently. It says in the Bhagavatam that the older men saw him as Vishnu, the evil men saw him as Kala, Death incarnate, the older women saw him as a little boy, and the young girls saw him as Kama, the God of Love. Each saw him differently and therefore viewed his skin colour and beauty differently.

So it doesn't matter what colour other people see him as. Love him as you want to love him and he shall reveal himself to you in that form.

Guest guest

Krsna has soul, he can sing, he can dance, he is the most beautiful, intelligent, powerful, famous, wealthy, and doesnt care about any of these things.

Black is a good color. Ever see molten gold, this is His color in this age, he has taken the color of Srimati Radharani. Didja know that srimati lalita is the color of the lightening bolt? Crayola has never even tried to duplicate such colors. Pittsburgh Paint never tried for the lightening effeft, nor the molten gold, for that matter. The black of Krsna is like the darkest portion of the monsoon cloud, and this, too, cannot be duplicated.

I dont want esoteric answers, but realistic ones. In his human form, why did he choose black skin color? Was there a purpose to it, like getting rid of color prejudices?

so white skinned people have the first right to become Buddha or Jesus or US Presidents, Popes, Dalai Lamas or God or to be called as "beautiful" ?????:)

I dont want esoteric answers, but realistic ones. In his human form, why did he choose black skin color? Was there a purpose to it, like getting rid of color prejudices?

Because His Mommy is black (or dark... bluish... whatever).

"Krsna's mother... is dark and her garments are like a rainbow."

((Sure... it's the description of His foster-mother, but maybe He chose to be that color so She wouldn't be suspicious as to why Her son was a different color than She was!))

Krsna isn't black, he is the color of a moonson rain cloud, blackish blue, like a deep greyish bluish raincloud, it is far from what we call 'black'.

(The deity can be black, or white etc etc)

I agree with the above post!

As a young man I asked, "Why is Vrindavan Chandra White where as usually he is shown as Black?" Ans: Krishna is white faced when He 'blushes'.

Also, Krishna's Blackness [blue tinge] was much acknowledged [and held against him by foes] in his dealings with the Hastinapura-Royal-Court-Intrigue during his pastimes with the Last Dynasty to rule Bhumi-loka.

Maybe Krishna liked the way dark skin looked on him...Black IS beautiful :)Mayyybe Krishna wanted people to be prejudiced towards him so he could have an even greater laugh when they witnessed his greatness and blew their minds...hehehe...Or maybe he didn't care at all. I'm going to assume it's the latter. I don't think it really matters what colour his skin was...Species didn't matter...Whether turtle, fish, king, or dwarf...The essence of his greatness is unfettered.

Hare Krishna

If you mix up white colour in black colour, it become one kind of blue. All these seven colours are created by Lord Krishna. So he might choose blak colour only. You can see him in your mind by closing your eyes, and then tell me. He will be appeared either in Black Colour or in Bolue Colour.

from : A. Ravikumar (sriaraku@.co.in), Jajpur-Keonjhar Road (Kalinga Nagar), Orissa

If you mix up white colour in black colour, it become one kind of blue. All these seven colours are created by Lord Krishna. So he might choose blak colour only. You can see him in your mind by closing your eyes, and then tell me. He will be appeared either in Black Colour or in Bolue Colour.

from : A. Ravikumar (sriaraku@.co.in), Jajpur-Keonjhar Road (Kalinga Nagar), Orissa