IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Pankaja_Dasa

9/11

Rate this topic

9/11

Bhagavad-Gita Chapter 9 Text 11

BR Sridhara Maharaja

Unable to comprehend My superexcellent divine form of human features, ignorant men blaspheme Me the Supreme Lord of all beings by considering Me a mere human being.

A.C.Bhaktivedanta Prabhupada

Fools deride Me when I descend in the human form. They do not know My

transcendental nature and My supreme dominion over all that be.

B.V. Puri Maharaja

Foolish persons deride Me when I manifest Myself in a human form. They do not know that I am the Supreme Lord of the universe.

--

Just something to think about.! Comments

Guest guest

It is probably the most important verse in Bhagavad Gita. But I also think maybe you have too much time on your hands. Are you placing significance on the 9-1-1 contemporary idiocy?

What kind of response do you fish for here? That the twin towers were blown to hell to draw our attention to this verse?

Did you see the face of the devil in the smoke from the WTC disaster? Did you see the prehistoric pteridactyl flying around right before the second tower fell? How about the flying saucer?

Krsna says: "Fools deride Me when I descend in the human form. They do not know My transcendental nature and My supreme dominion over all that be."

Not a blade of grass moves without the sanction of the lord, and them towers fell with his sanction. He causes us to remember his on september 11, and he causes us to forget him on september 11.

And all these words I just typed will be read by every homeland security fascist agent as well.

What does Matt 9.11 say. How about Revelation 9.11. Maybe Pankaja das is onto something here.

Just funnin witcha brah, haribol, mahaksadasa

Guest guest

We recognize the supreme, intelligent, personal hand behind it all, that's all that really matters!

Great verse, thanks for the reminder!

Guest guest

For you, pankaja:

matthew 9-11 When the Pharisees saw this, they asked his disciples, "Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and 'sinners'?"

genesis 9-11 " I establish my covenant with you: Never again will all life be cut off by the waters of a flood; never again will there be a flood to destroy the earth."

revelation 9-11 They had as king over them the angel of the Abyss, whose name in Hebrew is Abaddon, and in Greek, Apollyon.

maybe I have too much time on my hands, but I was always a mathmatician and numbers cruncher

go to work, folks, we may have solution to all the worlds problems by 9-1-1

mad mahax

Guest guest

Prabhupada best of all. SM do mistakes in some places BG. Not grammatical mistakes - spiritual wrong translation.

Guest guest

***SM do mistakes in some places BG. Not grammatical mistakes - spiritual wrong translation.

I am show this later.

You can't even understand my english words, so how can you understand Srila Sridhara's words - at least with enough accuracy to ridicule him? Is it not very dangerous? This is all more than just words to acarya's like Srila Sridhara Maharaja.

***SM do mistakes in some places BG. Not grammatical mistakes - spiritual wrong translation.

I am show this later.

You should take gHari's warning seriously. Do you think that by making statements like this you are going to attract people to ISKCON.

I live 6 city blocks from an ISKCON temple but haven't been there since Janmastami....2003 because the risk of hearing this type of thing is just to great.

This flippant attitude towards our superiors who happen to work outside one's institution have and continue to be the destruction of ISKCON. At least in terms of the ecstatic spiritual vision that Srila Prabhupada labored so hard to spread.

If you have a point that you think needs to be discussed then bring it forward in a vaisnava manner, that is respectfully.

I am guilty also no doubt. But I am trying to learn the art of disagreeing respectfully. Krsna please help me.

Guest guest

***You can't even understand my english words, so how can you understand Srila Sridhara's words

I am read in russian.

"Ritviks" it is great mistake. If you see all "mistakes" ISKCON you be able see from they is come.

Guest guest

***Do you think that by making statements like this you are going to attract people to ISKCON.

We do needs any people. I am not follow doctrine - "more people - more truth".

I am not speak about GM never. But I am read books yours gurus I am has shok (?) read so many false about ISKCON about Prabhupada, I am come in internet and the same. Then I am write about GM.

***I am guilty also no doubt. But I am trying to learn the art of disagreeing respectfully.

Ok.

***"This flippant attitude towards our superiors "

If yours "superiors" do aparadha, then it is not good. If you "superiors" do mistake it is not good. Yours "superiors" desire lie in Prabhupada on "mistakes". Yours "superiors" do not understand Prabhupada. Your "superiors" write about OWN mistakes as "mistakes" Prabhupada. It is truth? Needs citation?

They do not "superiors". If you critik guru ISKCON and ISKCON then why you be surprised? If you critik ISKCON, but ISKCON stay because ISKCON follow for true acarya. But is critic your organisation, then yours organisation dissapear very quicly. Why? Because they has many more problem as ISKCON.

This babaji- GM do not has real spiritual practic, they do not understand Lord Caitanya even theoretikal!! But ... ISKCON... I am do not understand.

ISKCON real spiritual organisation, it is not dead organisation like ... ISKCON has some throubles but it is for spiritual work. Srivasa Thakur in Navadvipa has mani throubles because - sancirtan - read. Nitayananda Prabhu, Lord Caitanya - Kazi. Lord Iesus - christians. It is life, it is not dead.

If your organisation has mistakes we discuss. It your organisation do aparadha then no need be surprise. Yes?

Guest guest

BG 8.28

Srila Prabhupada

"A person who accepts the path of devotional service is not bereft of the results derived from studying the Vedas, performing austere sacrifices, giving charity or pursuing philosophical and fruitive activities. Simply by performing devotional service, he attains all these, and at the end he reaches the supreme eternal abode."

See commentary SM.

BG 8.28

"A person who accepts the path of devotional service is not bereft of the results derived from studying the Vedas, performing austere sacrifices, giving charity or pursuing philosophical and fruitive activities. Simply by performing devotional service, he attains all these, and at the end he reaches the supreme eternal abode."

PURPORT

This verse is the summation of the Seventh and Eighth chapters, which particularly deal with Krsna consciousness and devotional service. One has to study the Vedas under the guidance of the spiritual master and undergo many austerities and penances while living under his care. A brahmacдri has to live in the home of the spiritual master just like a servant, and he must beg alms from door to door and bring them to the spiritual master. He takes food only under the master's order, and if the master neglects to call the student for food that day, the student fasts. These are some of the Vedic principles for observing brahmacarya.

After the student studies the Vedas under the master for a period from five to twenty years, he may become a man of perfect character. Study of the Vedas is not meant for the recreation of armchair speculators, but for the formation of character. After this training, the brahmacдri is allowed to enter into household life and marry. When he is a householder, he has to perform many sacrifices so that he may achieve further enlightenment. He must also give charity according to the country, time and candidate, discriminating among charity in goodness, in passion and in ignorance, as described in Bhagavad-gita. Then after retiring from household life, upon accepting the order of vдnaprastha, he undergoes severe penances—living in forests, dressing with tree bark, not shaving, etc. By carrying out the orders of brahmacarya, householder life, vanaprastha and finally sannyдsa, one becomes elevated to the perfectional stage of life. Some are then elevated to the heavenly kingdoms, and when they become even more advanced they are liberated in the spiritual sky, either in the impersonal brahmajyoti or in the Vaikuntha planets or Krsnaloka. This is the path outlined by Vedic literatures. ...

SB 11.2.41

Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura has warned us that if we do not see everything as a manifestation of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, we shall become victims of phalgu-vairagya, or immature renunciation. Whatever we see as disconnected from Krsna will have in our mind no relationship to Krsna's service. But if we see everything as connected to Krsna, we shall use everything for Krsna's satisfaction. This is called yukta-vairagya. According to Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura, "One who has experienced his own true identity understands that all things exist as paraphernalia for giving ecstatic pleasure to the Supreme Lord. Thus one becomes free from the separatist vision in which one sees the world as existing for one's own enjoyment. In the transcendental state, whatever a devotee sees reminds him of Krsna, and thus his transcendental knowledge and bliss increase."

SB 11.2.48

Srila Rupa Gosvami has stated that if one gives up those material things which are favorable for serving Krsna, considering them material and therefore an impediment to his spiritual advancement, his renunciation is merely phalgu-vairagya, or immature and imperfect renunciation. On the other hand, one who accepts all material things for the service of Krsna without any personal desire for sense gratification is actually renounced

----------------------

You outta here can't listen to nonsense? His translation 8.28 do not follow Rupa Gosvami.

Where offence? /images/graemlins/smile.gif Read, it is spiritual matter. Srila Prabhupada very clear speak - NOBODY ME brother in God not acarya. Nobody, very clear. We has many nice gurus, SM one from many nice guru, what offence? But we do not follow his directions we follow acarya - Srila Prabhupada.

Sridhara Maharaja is most good guru from GM. But He do not make full commentary on Gaura lila and some another moments.

Srila Prabhupada it is avesa Lord Caitanya in mood Lord Caitanya.

His translation 8.28 do not follow Rupa Gosvami

You say here Prabhupada translation does not follow Rupa Gosvami, Burn all books of Prabhupada.? Bonfire night is Nov 5. We can hold this. I can't talk to people like you. I don't come here to associate with arrogant devotees.