IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
theist

What is GAUDIYA vaisnavism?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

***Guru is self effulgent

Oh yes, it is gurus GM! They do not has any GBC! No! GBC it is bad! (all gurus GM have appointed itself) It very much self effulgent! I am self apointed acaryas, uttama! /images/graemlins/smile.gif)) Very humble - I am Sri Guru. This GM do christian anartha in theys preachings. It is impersonal - guru above sastra. It is ignorance. Like christians make from Iesus Lord, this same anartha - make from guru God. Prabhupada write guru in small letter. But they write Guru oh. it is very big guru. /images/graemlins/smile.gif)

GBC do not appoint any guru. It is propaganda GM - "GBC make guru". No.

Guest guest

Who is me guru - Jagat Prabhu. I am write hand now. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

All glories Audarya fellowship! All glories chanting, working and speaking for Srila Prabhupada!

Guest guest

The article you quoted is titled "The Absolute Necessity Of Second Initiation"

The article is by Narayana Maharaj

However, in Sri Guru and His Grace, Srila Sridhar Maharaj says:

The holy name of Krsna is so important that even the gayatri mantra may not be necessary. It is said: na ca sat kriya, na dikse na ca purascarya manadilate mantrayam rasana spri hanato sri krsna namatmaka: "One need not undergo all the purificatory processes, or follow the six ritualistic ceremonies mentioned in the Vedas for pious life; one need not even take initiation into the gayatri mantra. If one simply chants the holy name of Krsna without offense, everything will be successful." The holy name of Krsna is the most important consideration. The gayatri mantra may not even be necessary.

---------------

Puru says "Guru is One". But what I know for certain is that Srila Sridhar Maharaj teaches one thing (he says receiving Harinama from a genuine Guru is sufficient) whereas Narayana Maharaj teaches the opposite thing. Narayana Maharajspeaks of "The Absolute Necessity Of Second Initiation" and Srila Sridhar Maharaj says "na ca sat kriya, na dikse na ca purascarya manadilate mantrayam rasana spri hanato sri krsna namatmaka"

Totally opposite points of view.

Guest guest

Srila Narayana Maharaja's article about diksa speaks for itself. What is there in it you do not understand?

In the Sri guru and His Grace quote

what is there about "may not be necessary" that you fail to understand?

what is there about "without offense" that you fail to understand?

what is there about " when liberation is attained" that you fail to understand.

Why not give the entire quote from Sri Guru and His Grace which does not reject the gayatri mantras but rather explains their importance. There is no need to minimize the gory of the kama gayatri mantra. Srila Bhakti Raksak Sridhar Maharaja doesn't do that at all!

Mantra: Circle within a Circle

Jiva Goswami has written that the name of Krsna is the principle thing in the gayatri mantra. Within the mantra, there are also so many other words, but the name is the most important. If the name of Krsna is taken away, and replaced with some other name, the whole thing will be rotten. This is the decision of Jiva Goswami. The holy name of Krsna is all in all. The holy name of Krsna is there in the gayatri mantra, and so many other words are couched there. But if Krsna's name is taken away and replaced with the name of Siva, then the whole thing will go to Siva. The holy name is the all-important factor.

The holy name of Krsna is so important that even the gayatri mantra may not be necessary. It is said na ca sat kriya, na dikse na ca purascarya manadilate mantrayam rasana spri hanato sri krsna namatmaka : "One need not undergo all the purificatory processes, or follow the six ritualistic ceremonies mentioned in the Vedas for pious life; one need not even take initiation into the gayatri mantra. If one simply chants the holy name of Krsna without offense, everything will be successful." The holy name of Krsna is the most important consideration. The gayatri mantra may not even be necessary.

We accept the mantra only to help the nama-bhajana, the worship of the holy name. Otherwise, it may not be necessary at all. It has been judged in such a way. The name alone can do everything for a person. lt is full and complete. The mantra helps us to do away with the aparadhas, offenses, and the abhasa, or hazy conceptions in our bhajana. The mantra comes to help us only so far.

An example is given of larger and smaller circles. The holy name of Krsna is the larger circle. It extends from the highest to the lowest. The mantra circle is a smaller circle within the larger circle. The mantra cannot reach to the lowest point. The holy name can extend itself down to the lowest position. The mantra gives us entrance into liberation, and then the name carries us further. This is the nature of our connection with the mantra and the name.

The name extends to the lowest position, to the candalas and yavanas. Everyone can receive the name. But everyone is not eligible for the gayatri mantra. Only after one has reached a developed stage can the mantra be conferred upon him. And the mantra's jurisdiction will be finished when liberation is attained. In the Caitanya-caritamrta (Adi. 7. 73):

krsna-mantra haite habe samsara mocana

krsna-nama haite pabe krsnera carana

"The Krsna gayatri mantra liberates one from repeated birth and death in this world; the holy name of Krsna gives one shelter at the lotus feet of Krsna." The gayatri mantra helps us achieve liberation, and then the mantra retires. After giving us liberation, the mantra is finished. But the name will continue all along, from the lowest to the highest. In chanting the name, there is no mention of any petition--it is an address only. We should not chant with the mentality that, "I want this." We must simply chant the name spontaneously. That will encourage good will in us. So, because the function of the mantra is limited, but the name is all-important, the nama guru will be honored first, and next, the mantra guru, and then the other Vaisnavas.

I whould also be noted that this answer was given in responce to this question:

Nama Guru and Mantra Guru

Student: I have heard that one has an eternal connection with the spiritual master who first initiates one into the chanting of the Hare Krsna maha-mantra (harinama guru ). Does he have a similar connection with the mantra guru ?

Srila Sridhara Maharaja: Yes. We may see it as similar, with a slight difference.

Student: Some devotees who took harinama initiation from Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada later took their gayatri mantra initiation from one of his disciples. Can you explain the distinction between the two initiations and how a disciple should view his relationship with two different spiritual masters?

Srila Sridhara Maharaja: The first importance should be given to the nama guru, or the guru who initiates one into the chanting of the holy name of Krsna, and second to the guru who gives initiation into the gayatri mantra. The diksa guru, initiating spiritual master, must be shown respect, and then all the other disciples of Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada. First, honor must be shown to Prabhupada, who is the nama guru, the guru of guru, the second honor will go to the diksa guru and then to the rest, accommodating all They should all be recognized according to their status.

As a non-partisan interested observer I have come to believe that the difference is in the relative importance given to the gayatri mantra.

Not being initiated I have no personal experience.

But I am left wondering what could be lacking in the maha-mantra that would REQUIRE a supplement.

Guest guest

"But I am left wondering what could be lacking in the maha-mantra that would REQUIRE a supplement. "

mahamantra does not need also to be backed up by damodarastaka or jaya radha madhava.. but it is good to chant them