IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
krsna

Does anyone really want to take birth again and end up in another mother's womb ???

Rate this topic

Posted Image

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Jiva Jago !

Is the soul in a comfy position?

What awaits him or her upon being ejected from the womb?

"Cutchy cutchy coo ,we love you !"

To the material mind it is the miraculous creation of life. But with even a little knowledge we can see it is the imprisionment of a soul. Just one more link in a binding chain of previous births and deaths.

If the child escapes the demon abortionists it still must look forward to disease old age and death...and then only to have to do it all over again.

Be afraid. Be very afraid. If we don't fear our involvement in this process then we are either advanced transcendentalists or incredible fools.

Thank you for this reminder krsna. Please keep reminding us.

Guest guest

Hare Krishna, devotee Krsna. It isn't smart wanting to be born again in the material world. Thus it doesn't seem smart as well planning to find a beautiful woman in Krishna Consciousness to marry her to have babies because it would mean becoming responsible of a soul having to suffer 9 months inside of a womb and then having to spend many years in a world like this.

So it seems smarter staying single all the way, chanting the maha-mantra, doing kirtana, reading Bhagavad-Gita and Srimad-Bhagavatam, eating prashadam, working karma-yoga style unattached to the fruits of work and making mind efforts to visualize Vishnu inside of the heart of beautiful women in order to keep maya under control.

Boring, yes, foolish, no.

Hare Krishna.

Guest guest

"So it seems smarter staying single all the way, chanting the maha-mantra, doing kirtana, reading Bhagavad-Gita and Srimad-Bhagavatam, eating prashadam, working karma-yoga style unattached to the fruits of work and making mind efforts to visualize Vishnu inside of the heart of beautiful women in order to keep maya under control."

But who can do it?

Can you?

All your life?

Try it for 30 or 40 years.

Then come back and see what you say.

Good luck.

;^)

Guest guest

Why do you have to get kicked around like a rag doll? You can be married and still be a man. Prabhupada was married. Bhaktivinoda was married. Perform your duty without attachment and be honest. There is no impediment to Krsna consciousness. Either being married or not being married can be an impediment if you let them. It's called Krsna "consciousness." If you want to be kicked around like a rag doll, then anyone can do that for you - wife, temple president, children or even your dog. It's up to you, not your wife or non-wife.

Guest guest

Of males desire to be in the mothers womb.

But marriage is never a problem for a vaisnava, nor is birth. death, and all events in between, and all living conditions. To be a devotee in the womb is glorious, just as devotees in this world are glorious.

Every condition for the non-devotee is miserable, even those entities who no longer go to wombs. They are stuck in non-existance, even though they have existance, their desire to merge into nothingness has been granted, and they have been erased (for now, for they may have existance again during another mahat tattwa, cosmic manifestation).

So the womb is not troublesome, it is consciousness (or lack thereof).

Im takin birth again, and I look forward to it, the next step to Krsna, to rememberance, to smokeless consciousness.

Sorry about the bad pun, ill try to be better next time, hare krsna, mahaksadasa

Yeah your right. Sorry for painting such a bleak picture of marriage. I have actually seen marriages where the people work together and it becomes a benefit in their producing God consciousness in each other. Its just if you get married most of the time the woman will not stay happy unless you have children and when I think of how many demonic influences a child would have to fight off to protect their God consciousness in a world like this it is almost beyond my comprehension.

Guest guest

Please dont get this liberal conservative stuff in all conversations.

When someone decries liberals, I remember how Srila Prabhupada would cringe everytime he read of himself described as conservative. He would go on about magnanimity being the trait of liberal devotees, he described Lord Chaitanya as most liberal.

So dont mix and match. Turn off your am radio with that gibberish on it, they are entertainers (hannaty, limbaugh, et al), not statesmen, political scientists, or even intelligent. If liberals listened to am radio, these same entertainers would be saying buzz words to irritate the conservatives, in fact, I personally know a radio entertainer who has flown both waves to good ratings.

Be yourself, read intelligent works from all angles. Read WF Buckley, then read patrice lumumba, then speak yo bro, mahak

Nothing wrong with being realistic about this forest of enjoyment.

Marriage is hellish for the most part. Rare are those that actually strive to help each other advance. Being single and burning with sense desire is also hellish, perhaps more so.

Mahaksa das has a more advanced vision. There is a danger for us of falsely trying to imitate it and taking it as an excuse to become complacent. At least I would.

I need constant and steady reminders of the negativity involved in being involved in birth and death. But then I am not a devotee but a liberationist with a long term eye to devotion. I need the motivation that comes from realizing my best interest will not be served by trying to enjoy here.

At some point I trust the more positive motivation and outlook that mahak presented may kick in and become more dominant.

TRANSLATION Mantra 11 Isopanishad

Only one who can learn the process of nescience and that of transcendental knowledge side by side can transcend the influence of repeated birth and death and enjoy the full blessings of immortality.

Guest guest

I've seen both sides from inside out and frankly it doesn't really matter. It depends on one's attitude. There's an old saying, "Marriage is like a cage. The birds on the inside want to get out, and the birds on the outside want to get in." Married or not, surrender to Krishna and the spiritual master is the name of the game.

Quote:

"Marriage is like a cage. The birds on the inside want to get out, and the birds on the outside want to get in." Married or not, surrender to Krishna and the spiritual master is the name of the game.

Guest guest

I forsook You, O Lord, and came to this world of pain and sorrow. Now I submit my tale of woe at Your lotus feet.

While still in the unbearable fetters of my mother’s womb, I saw You before me You revealed Yourself but briefly and then abandoned this poor servant of Yours.

At that moment I swore to worship You after taking birth; but birth came, and with it the network of wordly illusion which robbed me of all good sense.

As a fondled son in the lap of relatives, I passed my time smiling and laughing. My parents’ affection helped me to forget the pangs of birth, and I thought the world was very nice.

Day by day I grew and soon began playing with other boys. Shortly my powers of understanding emerged. I read and studied my lessons incessantly.

Travelling from place to place, proud of my education, I grew wealthy and maintained my family with undivided attention. O Lord Hari, I forgot You!

Now in old age, Bhaktivinoda is sad. He weeps. I failed to worship You, O Lord, and instead passed my life in vain. What will be my fate now?

Srila Bhaktivinode Thakur

I forsook You, O Lord, and came to this world of pain and sorrow.

Now I submit my tale of woe at Your lotus feet.

While still in the unbearable fetters of my mother’s womb, I saw You before me You revealed Yourself but briefly and then abandoned this poor servant of Yours.

At that moment I swore to worship You after taking birth; but birth came, and with it the network of wordly illusion which robbed me of all good sense.

As a fondled son in the lap of relatives, I passed my time smiling and laughing.

My parents’ affection helped me to forget the pangs of birth, and I thought the world was very nice.

Day by day I grew and soon began playing with other boys. Shortly my powers of understanding emerged. I read and studied my lessons incessantly.

Travelling from place to place, proud of my education, I grew wealthy and maintained my family with undivided attention.

O Lord Hari, I forgot You!

Now in old age, Bhaktivinoda is sad. He weeps. I failed to worship You, O Lord, and instead passed my life in vain. What will be my fate now?:pray:

Srila Bhaktivinode Thakur

Guest guest

Some people don't mind that.

confused.gif

Jiva Jago !

Is the soul in a comfy position?

What awaits him or her upon being ejected from the womb?

"Cutchy cutchy coo ,we love you !"

There is no right way or wrong way. All ways lead to the Truth. No matter the outer appearance, we head to our Truth.

It is so easy to be unhappy in this world, we say. The world is not the problem. Our perspective, our attidude, is the problem.

I am happy to be here in this body now, though I may not always realize it. Our destination is Love. We may easily get in our own way and forget why we are here, so it is important to remember. We are not here to escape. We are not here to find a way out.

We are here to enjoy Ourself in our many manifestations, of other humans, animals, plants, minerals. Earth, air, fire, water. We are here to Love each other as ourself.

I am content to be here while I am, through the fun, the dull; the happy, the sad; the bright and the dark. If I am to come back, then I hope to remember more and be simple in my Truth, as an example and a wayshow-er. It's been done before. Let's do it now.