IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
suresh_krsna

Did Rama meet Krsna by any chance during their Period !

Rate this topic

Lord Rama lived around 5,000 BC and Lord Krishna lived around 3200 BC /images/graemlins/smile.gif So probably not!

But Hanuman is chiranjeevi (immortal) and so was on earth at the time of Lord Krishna's life. I remember he did meet Bhima (his half-brother) but whether he met Krishna, I don't remember.

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

5000Bc ?

I was under impression Lord Ramachandra appeared in Satya-Yuga. Dwapara-Yuga Krishna appeared so hows it possible that 1800 years later Lord Krishna appeared. Explain please.

--

sorry for the marks {being lazy today}

SB.1.12.19 Purport {extract}

Lord Räma: The Supreme Personality of Godhead incarnated Himself as Çré Räma, accepting the sonhood of His pure devotee Mahäräja Daçaratha, the King of Ayodhyä. Lord Räma descended along with His plenary portions, and all of them appeared as His younger brothers. In the month of Caitra on the ninth day of the growing moon in the Tretä-yuga, the Lord appeared, as usual, to establish the principles of religion and to annihilate the disturbing elements.

Bg.4.1

"In the beginning of the Tretä-yuga [millennium] this science of the relationship with the Supreme was delivered by Vivasvän to Manu. Manu, being the father of mankind, gave it to his son Mahäräja Ikñväku, the King of this earth planet and forefather of the Raghu dynasty in which Lord Rämacandra appeared. Therefore, Bhagavad-gétä existed in the human society from the time of Mahäräja Ikñväku."

At the present moment we have just passed through five thousand years of the Kali-yuga, which lasts 432,000 years. Before this there was Dväpara-yuga (800,000 years), and before that there was Tretä-yuga (1,200,000 years). Thus, some 2,005,000 years ago, Manu spoke the Bhagavad-gétä to his disciple and son Mahäräja lkñväku, the King of this planet earth. The age of the current Manu is calculated to last some 305,300,000 years, of which 120,400,000 have passed.

-

805,000 years was END of Treta-Yuga. Lord Ramachandra in approx start of this age. {Treta-Yuga lasts 1,200,000 years} {by the way I am not trying to figure this out}.

So.. how long did Lord Ramachandra rule for?

Well, I don't know where I got my info... let me get back to you...

Anyway, suffice it to say that They were not on earth at the same time. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm pretty sure Krishna was born in 3228 BC though... maybe not?

Prabhupada: Many such things have been discovered, and besides that, they are searching after dead bones, and we are searching after living brains. So which should we consider better? Now this Valmiki Ramayana, it was written at least eight hundred, five thousands of years ago.

Syamasundara: Eight hundred times five thousand?

Prabhupada: No. Eight hundred thousand and five thousand.

Syamasundara: 850,000 years.

Prabhupada: Eight hundred thousands of years and five thousands of years.

Syamasundara: 805,000 years.