IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Pankaja_Dasa

Pro Hunting

Rate this topic

I heard fox hunters in Uk went on a march about 10,000 of them. Uk is trying to ban it, saying it inhumane. Mind boggling. Ban fox hunting but leave rest of animals to die.

What did a fox ever do for anybody that its getting so much mercy./images/graemlins/confused.gif

Any change in that direction is good. The spectacle of fifty people in little red riding suits on horse back, riding along following a pack of trained dogs as they sniff out and hunt down some poor little scared fox who is running for it's life is so comically absurd. Embarrassment alone should have stopped it long ago. But of course these people see themselves as greatly sophisticated and the protectors of tradition. So it has gone on for so long.

Finally it seems someone has gotten around to considering the fate of the poor fox.

Now they will have to find something else to do.

Commons votes to ban fox hunts

15/09/2004 19:24 - (SA)

London - Britain's lower house of parliament, the House of Commons, voted on Wednesday to ban fox hunting, despite angry public protests inside and outside the chamber.

The bill passed with a majority of 190 votes - by 356 to 166 -after debate was suspended briefly when five opponents of the ban burst into the chamber.

Speaker Michael Martin said he was "gravely concerned" about the protest incident and promised to report back to MPs after discussing security with the serjeant-at-arms.

The Commons has voted before for a total hunting ban, but opposition in the upper House of Lords, rooted deeply in the land-owning aristocracy, stalled legislation long enough for it to die on the order paper.

If it is blocked again, Prime Minister Tony Blair has vowed to employ the Parliament Act - a rarely-used law allowing him to override the opinion of the upper house - to get the ban on the law books.

The government has said any ban will not come into effect for two years, although that could be shortened to 18 months to please anti-hunt hardliners within the Labour Party.

The ban would apply in England and Wales, after Scotland's autonomous parliament imposed a similar measure two years ago.

I was wondering about the poor cows. Everytime I see some advertisement saying 100% Beef. I think 100% Karmic Reactions. But some people just don't know. But the wonder is just cause you don't know doesn't make it right. Its like Mahaprabhu said to Jagai & Madhai I will except you. BUT only of you give up your nonsence activities. So we all have a chance.

But I like to paint a vile pic in my head {if you can call it that} with a cow w/ machine Gun saying to peeps in Burger Kind/Macs Take that you ****ers.! I don't use F words often {never} but for this dream I make special exception. heh