IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Pankaja_Dasa

Maha-vishnu comes from Lord Narayana..

Rate this topic

TRANSLATION

O Soul of all that be, the creation, maintenance and destruction of the universe are all carried out by a fraction of an expansion of an expansion of Your expansion. Today I have come to take shelter of You, the Supreme Lord.

PURPORT

Srila Sridhara Svami explains this verse as follows: The Lord of Vaikuntha, Narayana, is but one expansion of Sri Krishna. Maha-Vishnu, the first creator, is Lord Narayana's expansion. The total material energy emanates from Maha-Vishnu's glance, and of that total material energy the three modes of nature are divided portions. Thus it is Sri Krishna, acting through His expansions, who generates, sustains and dissolves the universe.

__ http://vedabase.net/sb/10/85/31/en1

That amazes me, I thought Maha-Vishnu is expansion of Lord Krishna The Orginal Personality of Godhead. Is that right I'm not sure if I read the above right.

Guest guest

So one of the expansions of Bhagavän is Mahä-Viñëu. Yasya kalä-viçeño viñëur mahän sa iha yasya kalä-viçeñaù. Kalä-viçeñaù means... Kalä means part of the expansion, not direct expansion, but part of the expansion. That is called kalä. Amsa-kalä. Amsa means direct expansion, and kalä means expansion of the amsa. So the Mahä-Viñëu is described as kalä-visesah, an expansion of the amsa, secondary.

740809bg.vrn

Brahmä and other lords of the mundane worlds, appearing from the pores of hair of Mahä-Visnu, remain alive as long as the duration of one exhalation of the latter [Mahä-Viñëu]. I adore the primeval Lord Govinda of whose subjective personality Mahä-Visnu is the portion of portion

Brahma Samhita 5.48