IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Pankaja_Dasa

quick question about Guru Perception?

Rate this topic

Gentlemen, the offering of such an homage as has been arranged this evening to the acaryadeva is not a sectarian concern, for when we speak of the fundamental principle of gurudeva or acaryadeva, we speak of something that is of universal application. There does not arise any question of discriminating my guru from yours or anyone else's. There is only one guru, who appears in an infinity of forms to teach you, me and all others.

In the Mundaka Upanisad (1.2.12) it is said:

samit-panih srotriyam brahma-nistham

tad-vijnartham sa gurum evabhigacchet

"In order to learn the transcendental science, one must approach the bona fide spiritual master in disciplic succession, who is fixed in the Absolute Truth."

Thus it has been enjoined herewith that in order to receive that transcendental knowledge, one must approach the guru. Therefore, if the Absolute Truth is one, about which we think there is no difference of opinion, the guru cannot be two. The acaryadeva to whom we have assembled tonight to offer our humble homage is not the guru of a sectarian institution or one out of many differing exponents of the truth. On the contrary, he is the jagad-guru, or the guru of all of us, the only difference is that some obey him wholeheartedly, while others do not obey him directly.

Abhaya Caranaravinda Prabhu 1936, Bombay (Srila AC Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupad)

-------------------

Guru is one. Caita Guru is in the heart. I hope this answers your question.