IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
ancient_paztriot

Learn Humility!

Rate this topic

Just pay obeisances "all the time" /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Seriously, The Bhagavatam talks about how the rulers of the universe bow to Krsna, but people of Kali-yuga won't. This IS our problem… we won't bow down.

But if you practice bowing down or acknowledging a higher power, you practice that humilty because by nature it is a subservient act. It is this mood we need to develop in earnest.

You want verification? You want proof? How about the weight of the world being lifted from your shoulders? Try it and see! It's free!

Wonderful effect… It fuses knowledge with emotion… you FEEL alive again!

You can immediately feel a "comfort zone" by pouring your heart out to Krsna. He's not to busy to listen and He can really help. …Only you have to be a good listener.

Guest guest

I can still bow down, but it's getting harder to get up...I do nod at people though, including strangers, and try to feel a little empathy/sympathy/compassion in my heart, or at least some warmth. Sometimes I also consider them in my prayers. Of course, I do have a lot of time alone to contemplate such things.

Guest guest

Yes respect goes to everyone in all forms at all times. Both to the soul and the Supersoul. Since the Lord lives within everyone and everything then all forms are His temples.

This consciousness is necessary if we even want to please the Deity in our local temple our home. Reference Kapliadeva.

I am present in every living entity as the Supersoul. If someone neglects or disregards that Supersoul everywhere and engages himself in the worship of the Deity in the temple, that is simply imitation. [sB 3.29.21]

I think that this is the text "Guest" was mentioning...