IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
vanamali

Dreams of Krishna

Rate this topic

I have some excerpts I have collected... I forgot to write the source, but I think they are some Jiva Goswami's writings...

When Krishna is planning to meet the gopis in Kurukshetra, He indicates that He meets secretly with them ... He says;

Though I come to meet with you constantly

in such a way that you are only aware

individually,

you believe [my presence] to be hallucination and

false;

this is true not only for you, but alas for me as

well;

therefore let us meet, even if only once, at

Kurukshetra,

on the pretext of spying on our enemies,

and may that meeting resuscitate us.(34)

---

Then I have recorded a footnote which says...

23. UN 15.210-20. This type of union is not less real

in the theological sense where a vision of Krishna,

even in dreams, is not different from the real Krishna

any more than his name or deity form is ontologically

different from him.

----

So I am feeling that this Krishna that keeps visiting me in dreams is, well... not only "not ontologically different from" the real Krishna, but that... well... Krishna may also be dreaming as well?

the meetings of Krishna and gopis in dream state is very special and we should not try to extrapolate too much, especially when it comes to our dreams about Him.

When Krishna comes to us in our dream state it is very special and does count as a legitimate contact with Him. but that may not apply to all such dreams. the difference can be perceived by a sincere and humble devotee. whenever it is a real contact with Krishna our devotion for Him grows and we feel very inspired.

I remember a very vivid dream about Lord Narasimhadeva, which was both quite frightening and inspiring at the same time. I realized that altough I'm such an unpure neophyte He still protects me when I really need it. Alas, in my case, such dreams about Krishna are very, very rare... /images/graemlins/frown.gif

yasya smarana maathrena janma samsaara bandhanaath

vimuchyathe namas thasmai vishnave prabha vishanve

om namo vishnave prabha vishnave

-Vishnu Sahasra Naama

Mere (maatra) rememberance of Krishna can afford one liberation, then what to speak of seeing Him in dreams. I bow down to anyone who sees Krishna in dreams.

The Krishna in my imagination is so very real and sweet that He can tear me away from the fear of livelihood, then what to speak of seeing Him in dreams ....

>> When Krishna comes to us in our dream state it is very special and does count as a legitimate contact with Him. but that may not apply to all such dreams.

--- Krishna will *rarely* come in a dream, at least for me. After going to Tirupati I was feeling a devotional surge of sorts. You know when you see Balaji at Tirupati, you really feel you are seeing the *real* 100% Govinda there (probably because He really IS Govinda, and not just a murthy)

Anyway, I got His (Venkateshwara's) darshan in a dream directly on coming back to the US from Tirupati. Then I had a dry spell for several months, and I just kept praying to Govinda to come again in any way possible; in a dream- in any form possible... finally He answered my prayers and lately I have been dreaming of Him very often, and I feel that this is in answer to my prayers... I hope now that I have told you about it, He won't discontinue His visits!...

Anyway, these dreams have been very comforting to me, but I was worried that maybe it wasn't really Him I was seeing. Do dreams count as darshan? Then I recently read this passage which I quoted earlier, and it made me feel a lot better. I just wanted to share it with you all. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yours,

Vanamali

Dreams of Shri Krishna are really wonderful. They are often a harbinger of good times to come. i remember seeing Shri Krishna before the day I got my first job and even before the day I got my second job. The second one was very pictursque - i got an invitation to attend Shri Krishna's marraige with Rukmini from the Lord himself. Wow!!