IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
krsna

Why do your eyes need to be anointed with prema in order to see Krsna's beauty ?

Rate this topic

Posted Image

"Spiritual Eye Surgery"

Srimad-Bhagavatam 5.5.19

Vrndavana, November 7, 1976

" So it requires eyes to see God. That eyes you have to prepare. What is that eyes? Premanjana-cchurita-bhakti-vilocanena [bs. 5.38]. You have to apply eyes' ointment. Just like there is some medicine, eye ointment, which you apply -- you can see very distinctly -- similarly, that ointment is premanjana. If you develop love for God Just like Caitanya Mahaprabhu. He is in ecstasy, always in love. He can see. Similarly, if you develop your love for God, then you can see. Premanjana-cchurita-bhakti-vilocanena [bs. 5.38]. This premanjana, this ointment of love is bhakti. "

/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Guest guest

You ask WHY? You might as well ask, "Why is there Radhika?" or "Why RADHA-Krsna?" If you still don't get it, you won't get Him -- at least not as Syamasundara, Gopinath, Gopala, etc. He belongs to Her, plain and simple. His beauty is because of HER! We remain subservient to Radha at all times, whether that fact is recognized and accepted or not; it is our constitutional position. The Absolute Truth does not depend on our beliefs, individual or collective, however cherished they may be. Whatever sentiments one may feel towards anyone are only due to the existence of Srimati Radharani!

I feel like Radha is the producer of devotional sentiment, and She pours Her love down into the hearts of great devotees, who in turn feel love for Krishna, and they in turn give it to us... Does this make sense?

I especially feel like sankeerthanas by Annamayya, bhajans by Meerabai, all these things... they are kind of transmitters of that same devotional sentiment... they communicate the heart's palpitations, the soul's longing... and they make you feel it, too. Even if it only lasts for the duration for the song; if only once we can cry a single tear of love for Krishna, then all our spiritual pursuits will be worthwile!

Guest guest

"...Even if it only lasts for the duration for the song; if only once we can cry a single tear of love for Krishna, then all our spiritual pursuits will be worthwile!"

Yes, this is certainly true. However to sympathize with Srimati in separation, along with Her part and parcel jiva souls, immediately connects us to the full mercy and grace of Lord Caitanya, for this is His inner mood and purpose. Such is the very essence of Gaudiya vaisnavism, in it's most personal sense. Whatever or whoever is connected to His beloved Radhika automatically attracts Krsna to that same degree, therefore nothing is ever lacking. This is the reason devotees actually develop a preference for separation over and above anything else.

This is also the basis of bhakti itself, however intimately that connection may or may not be perceived. When enjoying with Krsna remains the main motivation for associating with Her, the very best of both the Divine Couple is unfortunately lost. God is of course present always and everywhere, perceived differently depending on our desires and surrender, but what is MOST attractive in Radha-Krsna can be shared only through pure devotion. The pinnacle of perfect purity in devotion can be no one else except Radha, just as the ultimate object of desire is Krsna. Interaction between the two is the absolute reality of life -- expressed here, there and everywhere.

While guru generally preaches love for Sri Krsna, he also usually laments that his own is totally lacking. This is not at all false humility on his part. Those who can relate directly with the heart of their gurudeva transcendentally clearly see where his love lies and thereby adjust their position in complete alignment. For Gaudiya's devotion is everything, and their Krsna belongs to Her alone. Realizing this basic fact and directing feelings accordingly, in absolute subservience to Srimati Radharani at all times, will very quickly bring the transformation our hearts hunger for.

Yes, I agree it's different for different people...

Personally I strongly feel that we each have our own eternal relationship with Them that will be revealed to us eventually through our sadhana. Some are devoted to Sriman Narayana, some to Lakshmi; some are devoted to Radha and Krishna equally; still some favor Radha over Krishna, and others are more attracted to Krishna than Radha. It all has to with personal taste. Sympathizing with Radha's sentiment, being a devotee of Radharani as you are; probably that is the most lovely and deeply fulfilling blissful state.

Still, others are not blessed with the ability for the same relationship; Yashodamaiyya cannot taste it. Candravali cannot taste it. Hanumanji is a GREAT devotee, but He can never be happy in Vrindavana, because Rama is not there (well, then again Hanumanji has Rama Nama to keep Him company...) Even while Krishna was on the earth, Hanumanji (who is immortal) did not bother to go and visit Him. Why? He was not RAMA! Didn't Hanumanji know that Krishna is purnavataram? Didn't Hanumanji know that Krishna is the full Godhead, the most beautiful, perfect, lovely, attractive Incarnation? Yes, he might have known all these things. But... BUT... Krishna was not RAMA!

Just as Hanumanji can love only Ramachandra, some female souls are not able to love in the correct way (i.e. as a manjari of Radharani) expounded by Gaudiya Vaishnavism.

Anyway, I am so happy for the Gaudiya Vaishnavas who are so devoted to Srimati Radharani; they will surely get everything their hearts and souls yearn for! Gaudiya Vaishnavism gives you a clear path on how to achieve that goal; the selfsame bhava as Srimati Radharani.

>>> When enjoying with Krsna remains the main motivation for associating with Her, the very best of both the Divine Couple is unfortunately lost.

--- For those whose motivation is to be near Krishna, and to love Him in the mood of which you speak, there is no established sampradaya who can help them. There is no guru who will help to develop this kind of devotion.

>>> what is MOST attractive in Radha-Krsna can be shared only through pure devotion.

--- They may never be able to realize the pinnacle of ecstatic bliss that devotees of Radharani will undoubtedly find, but the bliss of these people is found in a different way; not only in enjoying with Krishna, but longing for enjoyment with Krishna, is a kind of bliss in itself...

Anyway, I am so happy for those of you whom Radharani has blessed to become the most blissful creatures in the universe!

I pray that Radhaji would be merciful towards me as well... Please do not be angry with me for saying all these things, but I feel so compelled... Thank you for bearing with me...

~Vanamali

> Even while Krishna was on the earth, Hanumanji (who is

> immortal) did not bother to go and visit Him.

I think he visited Krishna may be just to fulfil some promise. I was watching this serial "Krishna" by Ramamananda Sagar. But finally Hanuman ji wanted to see Rukmini Krishna and Balarama as Sita, Rama and Lakshmana and with that image he went back ....

yasya triiNyuditAni veda-vachane rUpANi divyAnyalam.h

baT.htad.hdarshatamitthamevanihitaM devasya bhargo mahat.h

vAyo rAmavachonayaM prathamakaM pR^iksho dvitiiyaM vapuH

madhvo yattu tR^itiiyametadamunA granthaH kR^itaH keshave

Whose three divine forms have been described by Vedic statements (such as the BaLitthA Suukta of the Rg Veda); whose nature is that of great wisdom and ability, is the support of the activity of the worlds, is very worshipful (of Vishnu), and who incarnates with his full potency (with no diminution); that Vaayu, in his first avataara, carried the message of Raama (Hanumaana), destroyed a fearsome army in his second (Bhiima), and in the third, as Madhva, composed this work (the Vishnu-tattva-vinirNaya) as a service to Keshava".

http://www.dvaita.org/madhva/index.shtml

Guest guest

Actually ones eyes needn't be smeared with the salve of prema to see Krsna. For example consider so many demons that were face to face with Krsna but envious and vindictive, so close yet so far.

A devotee although ecstatic in seeing the Lord of their life is more concerned in serving Him and his confidantes in deep separation or union wherever the Lord places them.

We can't see Krsna, only by the grace of his representives will He make Himself visible to us.