IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Yeah right

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Millions of people all over the world suffer without food, water. What good would chanting do? Unless krishna, whatever that is, can remove evil, i am not going to waste my time on him. He is simply not worth it.

<hr>

Millions of people all over the world suffer without food, water. What good would chanting do?

<hr>

You are free to go around and feed the millions and do nothing else, if that was the logic always, we would still be in stone-age fighting beasts in the forests.

Anyway, helping others in name of Krishna is "also" a form of worship, no one says chanting will remove suffering.

Guest guest

prabhupada says chant and be happy

scriptures say that chanting is the only way to go beyond material suffering

Guest guest

doesnt remove suffering, then why bother to chant? Is god sadistic? Doesn't he give a damn about his children? If not, why should his children care about him? Please dont give me this . about karma. Recently, I saw a man with cancer, no hair, no muscle, nothing. Just bones...it was awful. No justification for that. EVen the most cruel man wouldn't have deserved that punishment. No way. Even if that guy had been hitler in his previous life, he didnt deserve it. It was agonizing, even to watch the guy get up from his bed. He couldn;t even move his arms, so weak. And you still expect me to believe in god? Duh! Even the devil might have more mercy on that poor man.

Hare Krishna,

Reality is that millions died and are dying suffering even worse than this and that too without any medical assistance and dying all alone in the streets being treated like a pig or worse. We suffer because of our faults and our selfishness. Krishna will not interfere unless people want and trust me if you with your full heart, soul and spirit call to HIM, HE will help you. There is no love existent anywhere as the LOVE of our LORD KRISHNA to HIS devotee. He is Bhaktha Vatsala. HE is our only refuge.

'Srimad-Visnu-Tattva-Vinirnaya' English translation

by S.S. Raghavachar (Third edition)

continued from shloka 115-118 (Chapter1)

"na tAdR^ishI prItirID.hyasya

vishhNorguNotkarshhaj~nAtari yAdR^ishI

syAt.h |

tatprINanAnmoxamApnoti sarvastato vedAstatparAH sarva

eva" ||

-iti sauparNashrutiH | 115||

The Sauparna-sruti says: 'There is no love equal to that of Visnu, the adorable one, towards a devotee who recognizes His surpassing excellences. By thus pleasing Him all the devotees attain liberation. Therefore all the Vedas aim at glorifying the surpassing excellences of Visnu'

Hare Krishna,

I am sorry. I got this copy from a friend. I have tried ordering from Dvaita Vedanta foundation through web. It does not work.

Anyway this is the website

http://books.tatvavada.org/cgi-bin/books.cgi

There are many translations available. Please call them. That is the best option.

DVAITA VEDANTA STUDIES & RESEARCH

FOUNDATIONS

No. 11, Uttaradi Matha Compound, Uttaradi Matha Road, Shankarapuram,

Bangalore - 4, Phone: 662 7272

Title: Visnutattvavinirnaya. English & Sanskrit

Visnutattvavinirnayah / ¯Anandat¯irthabhagavatp¯ad¯ac¯aryaviricitah ; translated into English with detailed notes by K.T. Pandurangi.

Publisher: Bangalore : Dvaita Vedanta Studies and Research Foundation : Copies can be had from Dvaita Vedanta Foundation, 1991.

Description: xxii, 41, 243 p. ; 23 cm.

Guest guest

So Bin Laden can love Krishna and throw grenades, eh? If the lord is soooo powerful, then how come he doesnt protect people from terrorists? It is because maybe, krishna is just a figment of your imagination.

Why do we blame god for everything? Whatever happens to us is a result of our own deeds, whether past or present. So if i follow your reasoning... humans mess up and god has to sort things out all the time? Is god our order supplier? Like a father, God is stern.. why? Because he wants what is best for us.

Guest guest

So Bin Laden can love Krishna and throw grenades, eh?

--no... transcendence is to be reached from the goodness plane

If the lord is soooo powerful, then how come he doesnt protect people from terrorists?

--because we came in this world to forget the bliss and suffer.. he respect us

It is because maybe, krishna is just a figment of your imagination.

--imagination is to think that world can exist without someone who creates it and sustains it

do not be dogmatic, study a carefully with a little patience.. or you'll remain in ignorance

Guest guest

If I make a mistake, I am willing to accept the consequences. But what of a man who dies of cancer? Have you even seen one of them, the ones on Chemotherapy? They look nearly dead, in excruciating agony and god is watching like a sadist. No, I dont see the All-merciful God, even the devil might have more compassion. That's how I feel. The people who suffer mutilations and amputations in the Islamic societies, women who are stoned to death for no reason, men who are treated like cattle in the rest of the world...what the heck is god doing for them, huh? Punishing them, so they would learn from their mistakes? Yeah right, god DOES want whats best for us!

Guest guest

you will never even develop a theoretical understanding of this philosphy until you accept that you are not this body. That is the prerequiste for understanding reincarnation and karma. And without having none of this teaching will make much sense.

Who are we? What is our relationship to God? And to this universe of suffering?

Who are we is the place to start.

Guest guest

If I make a mistake, I am willing to accept the consequences. But what of a man who dies of cancer? Have you even seen one of them, the ones on Chemotherapy? They look nearly dead, in excruciating agony and god is watching like a sadist. No, I dont see the All-merciful God, even the devil might have more compassion. That's how I feel. The people who suffer mutilations and amputations in the Islamic societies, women who are stoned to death for no reason, men who are treated like cattle in the rest of the world...what the heck is god doing for them, huh? Punishing them, so they would learn from their mistakes? Yeah right, god DOES want whats best for us!

I see your feeling this way as a very positive thing. Many simply don't care or take up religion only for selfish reasons. Perhaps you should address these questions/doubts directly to God, without thinking of Him by any particular name, but only as all-knowing and all-powerful. You may be surprised and actually receive the answers delivered right to your heart, for it is there your compassion is demanding them. The fact that you're willing to accept the consequence of your actions, rather than try to escape by dumping them on another, is admirable.

However we may chant or call on God, if our motivation remains wrong and pride in our devotion keeps growing, true realization cannot happen. The heart must be somehow transformed to genuinely appreciate His Divine Grace. Religion and it's followers often give Him a bad name, due to inferior understanding. I think you are being given the opportunity to surrender for all the right reasons. Just be yourself and sincerely address your higher power personally, from deep inside. You have every right to expect results, whatever the attitude you approach with.

Guest guest

This same question is asked by little children, who wonder why their parents make them take life saving medicine when they are ill...and why do parents expose them to the bad world by sending then to school.

By it's inherent quality, the Jiva falls to depths by committing bad Karma. God provides opportunities to come out, he will help us climb up with the same love as a mother has for her child.

That is the plain logic, Krishna is just and caring.