IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Krishna is my guru

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Well, ya see there are so many who say "approach a guru" but I don't want to risk it, so is it okay if i say "krishna is my guru" thats all i know...

Guest guest

Vasudevasudam Devam kamsachaanura Mardhanam

Devaki paramaanandham Krishnam Vandae Jagath Gurum

Athasee pushpa sankaasam Haarnoopura shobitham

rathna kankana kaeyooram Krishnam Vandae Jagath Gurum

Kutilaalaka samyuktham poorna chandra nibhaananam

Vilasath kundala dharam Krishnam Vandae Jagath Gurum

Mandhaara gandha samyukhtham Chaaru haasam chathurbujam

Barhi pinchaava choodaangam Krishnam Vandae Jagath Gurum

Uthpulla padma badraaksham neela jeemootha sannibham

yaadavaanaam sirorathnam Krishnam Vandae Jagath Gurum

Rukmini keli samyukhtham peethambara sushobitham

Avaaptha Tulasigantham Krishnam Vandae Jagath Gurum

Gopikaanaam kuchadhwandha kumkumaankitha vakshasam

Sriniketham maheshwaasam Krishnam Vandae Jagath Gurum

Sree vathsaangam mahorashkam vanamaala vibhushitham

sanghu chakra dharam Devam Krishnam Vandae Jagathgurum

Shree Hari appeared as Shree Krishna at the end of Dwapara yuga primarily as a Guru of the world for the people of Kaliyuga to get benefits.

Leaving behind the fact that He is God, while in Human form He specifically exemplified the qualities of a great spiritual master that one must follow as human for spiritual renunciation.

Shree Krishna never got angry, always had patience and always remained with smile towards anyone irrespective of the other person. A Guru is someone who has patience for himself to attain spiritual maturity and to guide others.

Nothing is more apt for you have mentioned that you would accept Shree Krishna Himself as your Guru. He appeared for that and He is the Prime Guru of all times to reach Him.

Raghavan

Guest guest

krsna is guru through his representative, the pure vaishnava

so if you do not approach a guru you do not approach krsna

Guest guest

also prabhupada accepted a guru..

to approach prabhupada is to follow his instructions to accept a spiritual master to relationate directly

i understand the various problems of fallen gurus and so on, but let us stick, at least theorically, on the right principle of the spiritual initiation

Guest guest

"Krsna is guru through his representative, the pure vaishnava

so if you do not approach a guru you do not approach Krsna."

Krsna as God is there for everyone, but as Syamasundar [Radha's Vrndavan Krsna], He is accessible only through devotional service. That's why it is said that "God gives guru, and guru gives God". It all depends on what relationship, impersonal or more intimate, the jiva souls desire in their heart-of-hearts. Sri Krsna as guru is the beginning, however Srimati Radharani is the end, at least according to Gaudiya Vaisnavism.

Srila Prabhupada points out that while Caitya-guru (Paramatma Supersoul) is Sri Krsna as guru within every living entity's heart, many of us are just too dull to hear Him. Therefore Caitya-guru speaks to us in the person of the spiritual master. In this fallen Age of Kali so many of us are just too attached to the circus world that we cannot stop enjoying the fruits of the tree long enough to turn and see our well-wishing friend, Paramatma Caitya-guru.

Certainly initially accepting Lord Krsna's words in the Bhagavad-gita as our life and soul is a good beginning. But if we are not able to conquer the mind and attachment and perceive the Supersoul then Krsna will arrange a suitable solution if we are sincere.

If we trust Krsna's words in Bhagavad-gita 10.10 surely eventually buddhi-yogam will arrive somehow or other.

Guest guest

Haribol. I just read (but cannot find) a chaitanya charitamrta, madhya lila purport where srila prabhupada states that we should not be hesitant to submit to a higher authority in order to advance in krsna consciousness.

He often uses the example that we cannot just drop in on the presedent, we go thru his representatives. God is not our servant, we cannot demand his audience, nor can we demand that he give us rememberance of our eternal identity. However, if we are losing our puffed up attitudes that make us think we are really special, and we recognize that someone may have a little more on the ball than we do, we hear from such a person, we serve such a person, and krsna is very pleased that we are learning how to relate to someone in a spiritual way.

Bhakti yoga has a beginning stage called sadhana. The beginners are quite rough around the edges, many keeping hold of the bad habits of the world. This is the offensive stage, and we are taught by the spiritual master how to worship a person. We practice loving the spiritual master and we keepacticing, then it comes a little more spontaneously.

We can certainly go directly to God and hear from from within our hearts. But we may not be in tune enough to differentiate chaita guru from our worst enemy, the untrained and uncontrolled mind. Guru is the guidance that is sent by God to the living being to help him make distinction between the grain and the shaff.

It is a science. One doesnt read a book and become a physician, he must submit to minor professors for the prerequisites, then study under the teaching MD in an internship, and then, if he passes the necessarytests, he becomes a certified physician, but even then he works in a clinic for many years before he hangs his own shingle (and has enough saved up for malpractice insurance). Bhakti yoga is a science that works much better if one has guidance throughout the various stages, namely offensive, clearing and unadulterated, unalloyed bhakti.

Hare Krsna, ys, mahaksadasa

Guest guest

When I am sad, there is always this "voice" in me that cheers me up. This is the same "voice" that gives me confidence and this is the same "voice" that makes me feel guilty and then makes me do the right thing after making me feel guilty and it has been ever so strong after reading Gita daily. Isn't this the supersoul? Can't I consider this the super soul sri krishna in everyone's heart?

If this is the supersoul krishna , who is guiding me through life to God, what is the need of a guru ? Honestly, for me to submit to a higher authority is not a problem, the problem comes up when it is done in doubt. When I believe that Sri Krishna is the highest authority I can find, he is my best friend and will always guide me and give me the understanding by which I can come to him and also will give me the understanding by which I can understand him, then why should I follow a guru whom I could doubt. I can never trust a man who is a mortal and is incharge of me. The only person who should be incharge of 'me' should be Krishna... isn't that right? I mean, how can one see, an intellectual mastermind, a higher being , a dog and a "dog eater" the same when we are already making a distinction - in that we consider a living entity our boss instead of God.

Guest guest

Obviously, you're not quite ready to fully surrender with any particular living guru. Nothing wrong with that, so long as you don't deny the eventual need for one and admit that your faith is not yet sufficient. With such humility, Krsna as supersoul will certainly help prepare your path.

Meanwhile read, chant and of course pray. Also, associate with devotees that inspire and encourage you without pressure to accept more than you feel comfortable with. Try not to get mired in divisive politics or sectarianism and simply maintain a helpful open attitude, performing some regular menial service in the temple if possible. Mimimizing criticism of others is very important, too.

Keep your trust in Krsna and don't worry too much about spiritual advancement, instead depending on Him for that as He advises in Bhagavad-gita [18.66]. Truth is, we are already under the care of Sri Guru in one way or another, whether we realize it or not. It may take sometime for him to manifest externally is all. Better to go slow and be sure than find out you bit off more than you could chew -- or even worse.