IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
sandra

To any female devotee on the forum or anybody

Rate this topic

What do you advise a devotee friend who is an initiated temple devotee about changing to grhastra ashram? I am at a lost as to what to tell her about moving abroad. My friend is confused about whom to approach. She's now 25 and wishes to get married in CA. She doesn't see who she could marry in Mauritius (homeland). She's been asking me for references. She feels uncomfortable about wanting to set up a home for herself. She's been dedicating most of her years to the temple and it is really dificult for a mataji to discuss such delicate issues... The temple devotees have advised her on the subject. In other words they told her to wait until they arrange for her marriage. Her Maharaj, Gopal Krishna, advised her to approach the temple devotees. But she's worried. For how long can she wait? The temple devotees have so much responsibilites already and she doesn't wanna turn into a burden for them. I'd really appreciate any devotee's advice.

Guest guest

You're right, it is difficult for a mataji to discuss these matters. Tell her to leave the Temple President alone since all he can do is refer her to some local people, and go on vedicmarriage.com (some devotees from Mauritius post there). No need to reveal her name or even photograph. Take some time, take it nice and slow, and she should meet a great devotee guy.

Guest guest

Pray to krishna, go on a date if you want, live a peaceful life and continue with spirituality on your own accord by only depending on Krishna , rather than on a Temple.

-sincerely,

A friend.

but i'm not looking for a date and i do not live in the temple. I was asking for some advice for a friend of mine who happens to be a temple devotee and who approached me for guidance. But i appreciate the thought. =)

Guest guest

if you want to give guidance there's no problem, be friend and responsable.. and consider that your devotee friend is an adult and he will consider carefully your advices and solutions

in iskcon we have not a very happy experience of combined marriages..