IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
sandra

Which of the lilas of Lord Sri Krishna is considered the most beautiful?

Rate this topic

A devotee once said that it was when The Lord lifted Govardhan Hill. Reason: All his associates, friends, relatives, etc were assembled with him at that moment. Any comments from the HK devotees here?

this is too subjective. beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, and how do you chose from so many wonderous lilas?

for me, on some days it may be Krishna driving Arjuna's chariot in the battle of Kurukshetra.... on other days it may be the rasa dance or meeting with gopis at Kurukshetra and breaking their hearts...

Guest guest

Is when the lord breaks into everyone's house and eats their butter. It shows how if your heart is like "butter"- "pure" , the lord automatically breaks into it and steals it. But , thats just my opinion...

is all attractive, therefore, everything He does is all attractive.

You hear one of the Lord's pastimes and your heart aches from the beauty...you hear the next pastime and again your heart aches and again you think, "Oh, this pastime is most beautiful" and on and on.

You can go back and hear the Lord's pastimes again and again and this will happen.

All Attractive!!!

Guest guest

I don't believe anyone can lift mountains, so i don't believe in that 'lila'; it must've been added later on by the pandits. The lecture at Kurushetra is the best, simply because it is very inspiring.

Guest guest

to have offended you, but I just can't get myself to believe all that. I tried but my mind doesn't let me. I am not as advanced as the other devotees here, just a novice. So I am finding it hard to understand that god could've been lodged within a tiny ten-year-old, or something of the sort. It isn't easy for me, having been a skeptic all my life. But I am trying to be open-minded about this, you know.. Hope you understand.

taken and no offense meant.

Our minds can be our friend and our worst enemy.

God is not limited to our material minds and thoughts.

Just questions as food for thought...not trying to put you on the spot or challenge you...

Do you believe that God created everything in the material and spiritual worlds?

What lilas do you believe He actually "was able" to perform? Why not the other lilas that you doubt?

It's the same as when you read Bhagavad Gita - you never get bored reading it over and over again. You actually hanker for more. It's as if you're discovering something new each time. When we were asked this particular question at the temple, i was unable to answer... and in doubt... I'm like: 'How can one choose?!' I couldn't digest that so that's why i asked for the devotees' comments... Thanks. Now i know i am not the only who thinks this way! =)

Guest guest

It is easy to believe in Krishna lecturing Arjun at kurushetra. Nothing unusual about that. In fact, it is the most beautiful thing I;ve ever read, it is so inspiring. But I cannot but dismiss other events (such as lifting mountain, killing the huge snake et al) as mere myths to glorify Krishna. That's the way I feel. For instance, if a guy is writing Hitler's bio, he would try to embellish a few things every now and then, even though hitler was a bad person. it is human nature, you know. So maybe, Vyasa or whoever wrote this, was trying too hard to impress his readers about the greatness of krishna, or something like that. You know what I am saying? Indians have this tendency to worship anything and everything as supreme, powerful, divine etc., so perhaps, that's the case here. I just can't understnad how a person can do all that's described in the b.g.

Guest guest

when Krishna asks Arjuna to kill karna, even though he knew Karna was a most noble man, still had to be killed for the sake of Dharma. The mental anguish he must've been going through while ordering Arjuna to do that...it is so moving. I love it.

Guest guest

I apologize on my knees for all that I said. He is verily the Supreme Person and can do anything. I realize that now. Sorry.

Guest guest

this is my first time in indiadivine..and this q made me think..well this is what i feel abt it...

krsna says "janma karma chame divyam".....his birth and pastimes are transendental.krsna is "sat-chit-ananda" ...ie eternal ,full of bliss ,full of ananda..

god is a person who is complete in himself.one of his quality is to satisfy and give infinite bliss to anyone who approach him.since we being an individual soul have our own different tastes we get satisfied or get bliss by different subjects or events.Thus each individual soul has his own bhava and he has a particular rasa....thus differnt lila of the lord may appear more appealing to some devotees than to others.

krsna conciousness is the most perfect activity cos it has got infinit rasas in it and the lord can satisfy us in a way which is pleasing to us...

hare krsna..

meaning for beutiful is which gives pleasure hence each and every lila is supposed to beautiful. whenever i see a lila with full devotion then i am completely filled with what i can not explain in words.

even some time i can not speak. It is only the matter of your concentration and attachment towards "kisna"

hare krishna