IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Weird question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

If techology keeps going at this rate, in about 100 years we will be able to transfer our conciouness from the biological realm to the cyborg realm, this means that we are able to be alive for enternity, living in a dream you choose before you got transfer into that system, or maybe have mechanic body to sustain your conciouness.

If this ever happens, would you let yourself become a immortal robot? What is your opion.

Guest guest

when i was a child everyone was telling that in 2000 cars will be flying, that we could go in holiday in the space and so on

in my opinion in about 100 year, after continous wars and economic crysis, we will be living like in the 1800... and maybe it will not a bad thing

I wouldn't worry about this, guest. My personal theory is before this type of technology can be developed (whether it's 20 years or 2000 years from now), wars, famine, fuel, and water shortages, will cause technology to regress. Of course, I could be wrong. Maybe 2 years from now, it will be possible to be like the Borg from Star Trek. I saw a special on CNN about some professor in Canada who made all these cybernetic attachments for himself.

Go play a Massively Multiplayer Online roleplaying game on your PC sometime. That's almost like transferring your consciousness to a computer. It can give you a really nasty headache after hours of eyeglare, as well.

Our Lords will protect us, at any rate. The trick is just to have faith.

I wouldn't wanna live in such a world if it ever comes to be... If it's immortality we're after, why not aim for the vaikuntha planets where we can enjoy immortality, bliss, knowledge and serve the Lord at the same time?

Why would the robotic parts be excempt from the influence of time?

I've never played a virtual reality game. but wait maybe i am playing one right now and have become so entranced by it it seems like reality to me. (The REAL reality)

Then there is cryonics. Oh, for another thread perhaps.

So many attempts to be what we are,that is immortal, other than just being what we are in the first place like sandra said.

They are already trying this. It is not such a weird question in that sense. the thing is theyare doing it peice meal, one part at a time.

New teeth, new arms and hands, legs and feet. Now they are dping whole face transplants. Some nose jobs don't work out though. Look at Micheal Jackson. his keeps falling off. Boobies we are all aware of. Male bodybuilders have been getting calf and chest implants made of silicon for competion.

Internal organs also.

Better just to forgo the pain and wait to the next birth while praying to God to be beautiful.

So we are witnessing a mixing of the biological and mechanical even today.

The Earth as a carnival freakshow. What a concept.

I don't see how its possible to transfer subtle energy thoughts to something material and dead.

But a thought came to mind what about something like a Salingra stone which is worshipped? That is considered incarnation of Lord Vishnu.

So like comparing or trying to be a robot is maybe considered Blaspehemy, does that make sense?

I don't see how its possible to transfer subtle energy thoughts to something material and dead.

Think about it more. What happens to your body when you,the lifeforce, leaves?

What happens when you inhabit a dream body? Are those dream idenities alive ?

Is there really such a thing as dead matter ultimately?

When we die the body is dead. Otherwise why call it dead matter?

I was reading that when we chant because the Holy names is Spiritual {therefore not dead} it cannot manifest until we are also spiritual so therefore doesn't that also mean we are dead?

I take it like that also. We are in a "dead" condition. Dead or asleep to ourselves and to Krsna.

I take material life to be zombie life. Night of the living dead. Creepy stuff man.

Its so strange. We can't even see each other as we go through the motions of life. That is bazarre enough. In a purport Prabhupada says like "corpses flapping for awhile" LOL

Someone is saying to us, "Yo, Zombies! Jiv Jago", "Time to awaken to the life that you are"