IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Avinash

Went to Tirumala

Rate this topic

About one week back, I with my two younger brothers went to Tirumala. On 16 June, I suddenly said to my brothers, "Let us go to Tirupati." I do not know why I suddenly thought of that. But anyway, I gave money to one of my brothers to book bus ticket to Tirupati for Friday (18 June). We started in the afternoon of 18 and reached Tirupati bus stand in the night. We purchased coupans for prasadam. We wanted to take prasadam ourselves and also give to my colleagues and to my brothers' friends and some others whom we knew once we came back to Bangalore. We got the time of visit as 10 PM of 19 June. We stayed in a nearby hotel. The next morning we visited local temples. In the evening, we went to Tirumala by bus. We got in queue at around 9 PM and got darshan at 1:30 AM. But arrangements were good and therefore, we did not find any problems because of crowd. We were really happy to have darshan. The only cause of disappointment is that we wanted to see God for some more time but we were allowed just a few seconds. But I can understand that this was done to manage crowds.

There was one very pathetic sight. As we were in queue, we were once on a staircase. I looked out. There was a child lying on a mat and he perhaps could not even move. There was another child who was a few years older and, by looking at his legs, I could say that he could not even stand without support. He was just dragging himself and asking for money. People, including me, gave some money to those children. The sight was really heart-rendering. But it was not unique because I have seen such sights elsewhere too.

There is so much of suffering.

>>> Let us go to Tirupati." I do not know why I suddenly thought of that.

--- Oh! Venkateshwara is always like that! You may plan for months and months, and if He is not ready to see you, you will not go... but one day you suddenly think of going to see the Lord. Really, I truly believe He must have thought of you for a moment and thought, "Oh! I haven't had that sweet devotee's darshan for some time. He should come soon..."

As for only getting a few seconds' darshan, that is okay! The urgency of having darshan of Balaji reminds you what a treasure He really is. You don't look away from Him for a second. You don't even want to blink your eyes for fear of losing a second of that precious time with Him. That is how we should always be when having darshan of the Lord, and Venkatapati reminds us of this...

But then again, if you want to pay a few rupees, probably one of the crowd control people will let you have a longer darshan, or if you put in an urgent prayer-request to Venkatesha Govinda or Padmaavati, probabably, *maybe* you will get a good, long look at His sweet face next time!!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wow! You are so blessed!! I wish I could see Him again!!!

Guest guest

but i am afraid of venkateswara. Other forms like krishna and rama are cool, but this image scares me. Maybe, it is due to the dark color.

Lord Venkateshwara is dark black like Syamasundara Krishna! Do you know something? People say He is Sriman Narayana, but really He is Krishna. And I don't mean to say that He's a statue of Krishna... no, He is the *actual* living God. Krishna is existing simulatneously in Goloka/Vrindavana as Krishna, Vaikuntha as Narayana, and Tirumala-Tirupati as Venkatesha Govinda.

Yes, Venkatesha can seem a little scary because there is so much energy coming from His presence. That is because He is different from the images in other temples in that He is a self-manifested murthy and has the full power and presence of God Himself. Couple that with the fact that He is nearly 10 feet tall, when you stand before Him, it is so overwhelming!

But we should also remember that Venkateshwara is the Lord's kindest form. He is always eager to help His devotees, and He loves so much! He does not want you to feel He is unapproachable! Just think of Him as the God who is addicted to laddus! /images/graemlins/smile.gif Just like our gopala Krishna who loves eating butter, Venkatesha loves laddus... both symbolize the love of the devotees. Venkatesha too loves to be loved. Just love Him, and you need not be afraid. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Guest guest

Hare Krishna,

I noticed that with Venkateshwara Krishna. He has a smile that is not fathomable. I like to think of that smile as atma-ramana smile, fully self content. All glories to Lord Vankateshwara.

Hare Krishna.

Radhey Radhey.

Abhi

No idea - one fine day I decided to visit Venkateshwara. I think we all go there sometimes with our self motives. I have never prayed Lord Vishnu or Venkateshwara in my life. I was visiting India last month when one of my friend’s dad booked a VIP darshana for me. I thought it was very easy to go to Tirumala hills and get darshana.

I have never been to south of India before. I missed my connecting flight to Tirupati and my VIP Darshan that night. Luckily my friend’s dad made another booking for next day. I had to check into a hotel that night. Seriously it was not easy as I was alone. I barely slept that night. I woke up early and reached airport 3 hours early. The flight never took off. We were told it is delayed. Actually the flight broke down and Air India continued to make delayed announcement to keep the passengers happy. It was already 5:30 PM and I have missed my 2nd VIP darshana booking. Some passengers decided to take the Chennai 6:30 PM Kingfisher flight. I had no idea how far Tirumala was from there. I met some good people and took a shared cab to Tirupati. I reached Tirupati at 1:40 AM. We were told that the route to temple was closed from 12:00 AM TO 3:00 AM. One of the girls I met offered me her hotel room for few hours. It was a great support at night 2:00 AM. I decided to go with her room. I took a quick shower and wore the clothes that I used the previous day. I didn't even have washed dress to wear. I went on the street at 3:00 AM to take a cab. Seriously it was risky but all I could think about it was the Lord. Finally I made it to the Tirumala Hills at 4:00 AM. I was extremely disappointed to see the queue and felt lost. I could not even find the counter for VIP darshana. I thought at least I could let them know that I missed my darshana last evening. Since I didn’t find the counter I decided to stand in the Rs. 300/- line. Someone told me you can't carry hand bag inside. I went to find the counter to check it in. When I got back the line had moved very far. I lost my spot. I stood in the queue again and someone told me it will be evening 4 or 5 PM before we get darshana. My back was killing me and I lost all hope. I had no energy to stand that long. No staff member to provide any information. The line started to move again a little and some young guys stood next to me. They told me – it should take max 4-5 hours in the line. That gave me some hope. I was 5:30 AM now. I prayed God if you let me enter your temple I will fast 7 Thursdays for you (no idea what day you pray to balaji). I guess in few minutes my back pain disappeared and I started interacting with the people of my age. Guess what – it was 9:00 AM already and the queue started moving quickly.

I think around 10:30 AM or so - I was face to face with the Venkateshwara. Seriously - I have never seen such a beautiful person (not a murthi) in my life. It looked like a real person looking back at me. I was scared to look into God’s eyes and people around me kept repeating Govinda Govinda.

While I was passing and close to the exit --some one pulled me out of the crowd and asked - Did you take the darshan. I replied back to the tall/fair man Yes I did. Then - he asked me - Do you want a close darshan of the God. I was surprised. I replied back YES. I heard him talking to a pandit - open the gate for her to let her go inside. People usually walk 5-6 feet away from the gate. I heard the pandit confirming again and the tall fair man replied yes let her inside I walked inside the gate and started to walk towards the God. I could not believe. As I started moving further. I looked down and saw bills and coins on the floor. I was walking on it. I realized for a second...how I can step on the money that going to go in hundi. I stepped back and came out. I guess I got really scared. I told my experience to some local people. They told me we have never heard of anybody walking past the gate except pandits. I have no idea about it.

Seriously I have fallen in Love with Lord Venkateshwara. I truly respect the people who climb the mountain or stand in the general queue. I think every minute about him. I can't even explain to someone who has never been there before how real and beautiful is the Lord Venkateshwara. He is very different from the internet pictures. He is real. I thank God for the special darshana and letting me come close to him. I have the most beautiful memories and can never forget my 2011 trip to India.

Few things to remember:

- I heard it from other passengers - it is very common that AIR INDIA flight is cancelled 2-3 times a week. It is better to take kingfisher flight.

- The alternative route is - from Hyderabad Evening 6:30 PM flight to Chennai. Just exit the airport - you can very easily get a cab to Tirupati.

- Remember Tirumala hill is closed between 12:00 AM - 3:00 AM.

- It is good idea to go on a weekday.

- Rs 300/- queue is great or VIP Darshana.

I really want to know where does the money which people give in the temple goes.

There are so many beggers in pathetic conditions outside the temple.

Each and every god lived to give rights to these people.

But i think todays generation doesn't respect it .

Have you realized there are so many poor people outside the temple begging. Have the priest ever realized to donate the amount which he gets from the people who willingly donate to the idols?

This will make god happy if the priests donate the amount from the box to these people.

Peace!