IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
gHari

How Long Can We Wait On The Sidelines?

Rate this topic

theist: "By the grace of Krsna one gets guru, by the grace of guru one gets Krsna."

Me, too. As in the story of Dhruva, the Lord arranges for us to meet guru when we're ready, and the guru guides us in molding our hearts and minds so we're able to percieve (meet) Krishna.

I hope my last post didn't seem curt; my wife was pushing me to go out for a walk with her before it got too dark and mosquito-y, and I just wanted to get those ideas out. We all know about theist and Supersoul. I didn't want to minimize your post, but tweak the position just a little.

As when I say Supersoul that includes his manifestations as acarya. They are not separate. Because of language we speak of one or the other in a way that can't convey the oneness and difference and different funtions they perform. that can get confusing.

I understand your wifes concerning about the mosquitos. the island ones are really big and nasty. You know that bamboo forest just off the Pali pass? I used to wander around up there a lot. OK I was eatting mushrooms also. Anyway in the bamboo I swear they looked like those flying fuel tankers. billions of them. West Nile has now been discover in S.Cal. i hope it skips the islands.

There are two types of Bhagavatas, namely the book Bhagavata and the devotee Bhagavata. Both the Bhagavatas are competent remedies, and both of them or either of them can be good enough to eliminate the obstacles. A devotee Bhagavata is as good as the book Bhagavata because the devotee Bhagavata leads his life in terms of the book Bhagavata and the book Bhagavata is full of information about the Personality of Godhead and His pure devotees, who are also Bhagavatas. Bhagavata book and person are identical.

The devotee Bhagavata is a direct representative of Bhagavan, the Personality of Godhead. So by pleasing the devotee Bhagavata one can receive the benefit of the book Bhagavata. Human reason fails to understand how by serving the devotee Bhagavata or the book Bhagavata one gets gradual promotion on the path of devotion. But actually these are facts explained by Srila Naradadeva, who happened to be a maidservant's son in his previous life. The maidservant was engaged in the menial service of the sages, and thus he also came into contact with them. And simply by associating with them and accepting the remnants of foodstuff left by the sages, the son of the maidservant got the chance to become the great devotee and personality Srila Naradadeva. These are the miraculous effects of the association of Bhagavatas. And to understand these effects practically, it should be noted that by such sincere association of the Bhagavatas one is sure to receive transcendental knowledge very easily, with the result that he becomes fixed in the devotional service of the Lord. The more progress is made in devotional service under the guidance of the Bhagavatas, the more one becomes fixed in the transcendental loving service of the Lord. The messages of the book Bhagavata, therefore, have to be received from the devotee Bhagavata, and the combination of these two Bhagavatas will help the neophyte devotee to make progress on and on.

SB 1.2.19, purport

Does association with the book Bhagavata count as association with advanced devotees if the book Bhagavata was composed by a pure devotee?

“Even a moment’s association with a pure devotee—all success.” Not necessarily that one has to acquire it previous, no. Generally it is so, but sädhu sanga has got its effect. Caitanya Mahäprabhu said, lavamatra sädhu sanga sarva siddhi haya. You have not read in the Sanätana-çikñä in the Teachings of Lord Caitanya?

Revaténandana: Does that also apply to reading the words of a pure devotee?

Prabhupäda: Yes.

701213rc.ind

------------------------------