IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
theist

Time to let it go

Rate this topic

Dear souls, especially those of you who have been in or near this Krsna consciousness movement for awhile, some almost 40 years.

Alot has come and gone. Not all positive. But then what do we expect to find when we take birth in this dimension of exploitation?

It's past time to drop that old baggage that we have been hauling around with us, for sometimes decades. Residue from old real or perceived slights that we have been wounded by. These old resentments simply weigh us down to this bodily consciousness. They are a great part of these chains that bind us to the world of payback, tit for tat, eye for an eye, do unto me and I'll surely do unto you back. The dark land where karmic law rules. The place of birth and death from which we are seeking liberation.

Is it worth it? To linger here until we feel we have gotten sufficent revenge. "If I don't get them now then in a future birth I will for certain."

One thing is also certain, this is the type of thinking that keeps us taking one more birth, and from that birth we are sure to develop further entanglements.

The only end to this cycle is grace and forgiveness.

Forgivness is the antithesis of resentment and revenge.

From the One who prayed to God to forgive those that mercilessly beat Him and placed Him on the cross,"Father forgive them they know not what they do", this simple way to open the door to freedom.

He taught us to pray;

"Father...Please forgive our tresspasses,

As we forgive those that tresspass against us."

Along with our memorizing and quoting sastra, and instead of our trying to sort out the long past interactions between this swami and that babaji, we should engage in some deep introspection, checking for weeds in the garden, and pull out by the roots all thoughts and feeling of resentment and revenge.

Especially deep rooted ones soon start to feel like they are an integral part of us. Pulling them out can actual feel like we are attacking our very self.

Actually they are parasites that have been allowed to grow in our subtle body. They feed off our life energy and grow and spread. Spreading even into our physical form and manifesting in diverse ways as this disease or the other.

The chanting may bring them to our awareness, but we may choose to stubbornly hang on to them, like some old family friend who always brought us down but by familarity came to be accepted as one who really belonged, and thereby allow them to remain a wall to chanting suddha-nama, our very goal.

Better for us if we just lighten up and let it go.

Hare Krsna

I agree with you, but would like to add that we need to go back to our Vedic roots as much as possible. so much of the commonly accepted behaviour among devotees is complety un-Vedic. the bigotry, dishonesty, duplicity and narrow mindedness are all non-Aryan influences of this Kali-yuga.

if you just "let go" of what you have, what is left?

Quote:

------------

The only end to this cycle is grace and forgiveness.

Forgivness is the antithesis of resentment and revenge.

-----------

Yes

Krsna will forgive and forget all the trespasses as

we also forgive and forget all those who have trespassed against us.

Om Tat Sat

Let us go on forever chanting:

Hare Hare/Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare/Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare/Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare/Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare/Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare/Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare/ Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare/Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare/Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare/Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare/Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare/Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare/Hare

Maybe alot of spiritual reminders or caution signs up as numerous as the street signs would be a good idea.

Reality is, we live in a world where people cheat each other because they find ways to gain personally by that. Strong take the weak and so on.

Much of the demon's activity is restricted by it being "too" overt. They can't be too obvious about their fringe behavior. So there is pretext and deception that they thrive in. I'm just amazed at what little pretext they get away with these days.

There really are powerful demons who, "in the name of" this or that, just try to play God and religion and everbody and everything as their "amusement". When someone doesn't strike you as genuine, then you may naturally suspect alterior motives.

I've pointed out many times before, the posts of some people on this board are not consistent with "real life". Sincere people just don't demonstrate the intent and result of what some of these people present themselves as. You wonder way some of them stay. I certainly wonder that about Govindaram. How long has he been here? … Therefore, there is something sinister going on.

Is it a movie stage where to props and script are now real-time?

I don't like tv much myself and I think the people that dedicate themselves to such a phoney world are pitiable. (No doubt they see themselves as worldly and advanced - and in control).

Feel like the consumer elite where everyone is pitching for your commital? Everyone trying to appease you? Maybe you're just being programed.