IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
ancient_paztriot

The Yamadutas at the Time of Death (Terminal Restlessness)

Rate this topic

We all get knowledge of impending death. But like the cornered hare, we simply close our eyes. Meanwhile…

We all get to fake each other out… This is our thrill.

"The physical suffering was nothing compared to the mental torture he was experiencing. He became humble, and I dropped everything a couple of times and flew from Vrindavan to be with him."

I've seen people people dying of cancer too. They also showed humility. EVERYONE IS FORCED TO BOW DOWN at death.

"I think he really wanted me there and was emotionally dependant on me, as I was the only one offering any tangible solutions."

I think the Dad suddenly appreciated his son's knowledge and position along with the newfound humility.

"Nobody questioned my authority, and my mother just backed off and let me do anything. She is a Roman Catholic and doesn't usually allow me to speak about Krishna."

When it comes down to facing the real problems, nothing is better than KC.

I controlled everything that went into his mouth. I even started sprinkling Vrindaban dust in his water as well.

Love for sure.

Then Supersoul would answer. "Why?" He would say. "He will only offend again."

Everyone wants to cheat Krsna at death for sure: "I'll never do it again! If only… "

Then I held him tight for the next three hours, and he slowly gave up his life, through his mouth, peacefully with me chanting right in his ear and dripping Ganga and Jamuna water into his mouth. I stayed fully focused on chanting very close to his ear until he breathed his last, at 6 am.

Heart-wrenching.

I don't usually put pen to paper, as I don't feel at all qualified to do so, but mother Radha Kunda Devi Dasi encouraged me and said that this experience should be shared with all the devotees.

It is a grave story and should have a sobering effect on the reader… unless he's a fool!

I was thinking myself to be the big hero, going to save my father, only to find that I'm just a big bag of hot air— zero. I am such a fallen rascal that I couldn't help him in his hour of need…

Yes. We can't really help each other. We can only help Krsna help them.

As far as personally intervening on your family's account, that is shown by Prahlada Maharaja.

Now who can think of Krsna under those circumstances? Better not to see them. If you do, it's probably too late!

I could be wrong. Perhaps there are more Ajamila stories.

Scared me half to death thinking how if you are sinful, you are confronted with these demonic personalities.

When my Grandad was about to clip it, I saw him imitating chanting Japa, I wasn't sure what to make of it, he must have been doing some coma-japa. He was a nice person by everybodys standard, you know, but devotion to God?

Maybe maybe not, I cannot say for sure.

My grandmother recently passed away, and during the time before her death she would talk to her parents (they have been dead for a very long time). She would always ask "when are my mom and dad coming back to pick me up?" Really, I am looking foreward to death, hopefully the Lord will finally come to me. Her parents are the people she missed most in life, especially her mom. But for me it is my Venu Gopala, and I'm sure he will come when the time comes.

Reading about near death experiences can give a glimpse if not the whole story of what happens at death. Most sound very positive but then the ones that aren't don't usually get reported. Who wants to talk about how they were being drug off to hell.

This one man did though. Howard Storm went into his NDE as an atheist and came back a theist. the story turns out well but didn't start out that way.

Click the next at the bottom , it runs 3 or 4 pages.

http://www.near-death.com/experiences/storm01.html

Posted Image

"To see the Yamadutas, or the carriers of order of Yamaraja, superintendent of death, to see face to face...

At the time of death, when one very sinful man is dying,

he sees the Yamaraja or the order carriers of Yamaraja. They are very fierce looking.

Sometimes the man on the deathbed becomes very much fearful, cries, 'Save me, save me.' "

— Srimad Bhagavatam lecture, Denver, July 2, 1975

In the purport to Srimad Bhagavatam 6.2.7:

Posted Image

"The Yamadutas had considered only the external situation of Ajamila. Since he was extremely sinful throughout his life, they thought he should be taken to Yamaraja and did not know that he had become free from the reactions of all his sins. The Visnudutas therefore instructed that because he had chanted the four syllables of the name Narayana at the time of his death, he was freed from all sinful reactions."

thanks for posting this article. It is very sobering. My parents are getting pretty old too and this article reminded me of my obligations to them (and made me re-examine my own karma account too! /images/graemlins/frown.gif )

We all face various problems in life. Like others, I also have faced many problems. But I never felt helpless due to those problems. There is only one case when I feel utterly helpless. That is when I find that somebody is going to die. There have been a few cases when a person came to know that he will not live for long. He begged people around him to save him somehow. I was also near by. I wished very strongly that I could do something for him, but I could not.

It may seem as a very bitter truth but it is truth nonetheless that money, education, position in society, one's post etc. completely fail in front of death.

I know that this is eternal truth and therefore I should not worry about it. But the problem is that I do worry and feel utter helplessness when I find somebody begging others to save him and I am just a mute spectator.

Who wants to talk about how they were being drug off to hell.

And I suspect not many people get to come back once the Yamaduttas are there pulling them out.

The NDEs may not be death (obviously they aren't or the person would be dead). They may just be the subtle body leaving the physical body for a period of time due to a weakened physical state.

Thanks for the link, got me thinking about the futility of my life again, may be it wasnt true but sounded similar to what ive read before, anyway certainly puts things in to perspective.

Jai

Hayagriva dasa: So there is harmony in the beginning, middle, and end?

Srila Prabhupada: Everything is in harmony, be it material or spiritual. that is God's law.

Hayagriva dasa: If everything is always in harmony, evolution has an incidental meaning.

Srila Prabhupada: This is harmony: One is an aquatic, then an insect, then a plant, then a tree, and so on up to the body of a human being. change is there, but there is harmony. Once one has attained a human body, he can decide whether or not to stop this evolutionary process, or to remain in it. If one accepts the instructions of Krsna, he can put an end to this bothersome evolution. If not, he remains. This is the version of Bhagavad - gita:

asraddadhanah purusa

dharmasyasya parantapa

aprapya mam nivartante

mrtyu-samsara-vartmani

“Those who are not faithful in this devotional service cannot attain Me, O conqueror of enemies. Therefore they return to the path of birth and death in this material world.” (Bg. 9.3) By following Krsna's instructions, we can become completely detached from the cycle of birth and death.

And I suspect not many people get to come back once the Yamaduttas are there pulling them out.

Yeah, I get the inpression they don't come just to chat.

The NDEs may not be death (obviously they aren't or the person would be dead). They may just be the subtle body leaving the physical body for a period of time due to a weakened physical state.

Yes. Also maybe those people are getting the grace of a little wake up call. Kinda like showing a school child the ruler and telling them they have one chance before they get swatted. Strike a little fear with hopes to reform. As if rebirth isn't scary enough.

Is it me? Or is it my body? My subtle body? My old body? The various ages of my body when I committed trespasses?

It sounds like the punishment is geared towards the physical body. Maybe if I am unattached to it then the hounds of hell will leave me alone anyway?

If we haven't corrected the character flaws that led to our evil acts by learning from their karmic reactions, then perhaps with intelligence we can assess our misgivings and genuinely repent, thereby changing our flawed character. I think we definitely want to avoid these noble servants of Yamaraja as we leave this body.

Guest guest

Thank you for this posting. I just found out 3 days ago my oldest brother has cancer. He is 55. Its the same cancer that took my mother & aunt, hereditary, and comes sooner with each generation. I am 49. He is a Christian Pastor. I too fell apart the other day in tears. Thought I was detached enough to handle it but I think I was partly sad because he doesn't know about Krishna & they won't even return my call or acknowledge e-mails. Would he go to some kind of Jesus-loka? Is it true that Prabhupad said, "when you get to there, then they will tell you about Krishna?."

I truly believe that yes, if he can remember Jesus at the time of his death he will go to Jesus.

Take the story of the rich man:

A rich man was on the point of death. He was a miser, and hard-hearted and loved only one thing in the world- his son,

Narayana.

At the moment of his death the old man was in great pain and called out for his son to help him

"Naryana! Narayana!"

And Sriman Narayana came to rescue him.

Even though he was calling out to his son, the Lord came to him on a technicality. The heart of the lord is soft like butter, and if He hears someone calling out His name with such love, He cannot help but come to him.

The Lord of Love will come to your brother, perhaps in the form of Jesus, but surely even if he must be reborn, Sriman Narayana will remember your brother's love of "Jesus" and lead him to godhead.

With Much Love

~vanamali

Those who have faith in Jesus will be blessed for whatever faith in God they have. Each of us have so many defects in life, but Krishna sees the good we have done. The soul is eternal and will get a chance to continue its search for God (Krishna) in the next life.

In one lecture Srila Prabhupada says this entire material world is a place of dirt and darkness, that is the standard; so Krishna is not looking for our dirt. He is seeing only the little bit of light in us that makes us stand out from the rest of the material darkness.

Everyone of us has defects in some form or another, so it is no great thing to be able to point out the flaws in those around us. But we should remember Krishna sees only the devotion in their hearts and may bless those whom we may think aren't qualified for it.

If we haven't corrected the character flaws that led to our evil acts by learning from their karmic reactions, then perhaps with intelligence we can assess our misgivings and genuinely repent, thereby changing our flawed character. I think we definitely want to avoid these noble servants of Yamaraja as we leave this body.

SRI SRI

KALYAN KALPA-TARU

(THE DESIRE - TREE OF AUSPICIOUSNESS)

INTRODUCTORY PRAYER

by SRILA BHAKTIVINODA THAKURA

AUSPICIOUS INVOCATION and DESCRIPTION OF THE DESIRE-TREE OF AUSPICIOUSNESS

(1)

jaya jaya sri-caitanya patita-pavana

jaya nityananda-prabhu anatha-tarana

All glories, all glories to Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, the deliverer of all the fallen soul! All glories to Sri Nityananda Prabhu, the divine saviour of those who are lost and helpless in this world!

(2)

jaya jayadvaita-candra krpar-sagar

jaya rupa-sanatana, jaya gadadhar

All Glories to Srimad Advait Acarya, Who is just like an unfathomable ocean of causeless mercy! All glories to Srila Rupa Gosvami, Srila Sanatana Gosvami, and to Sri Gadadhara Pandita!

(3)

sri-jiva gopala-bhatta raghunatha-dvoy

jaya braja-dhamabasi baisnaba-nicoy

All glories to all the multitudes of Vaisnavas who are residing in the holy abode of Vraja-dhama, headed by Srila Jiva Gosvami, Srila Gopala Bhatta Gosvami, Srila Raghunatha dasa Gosvami and Srila Raghunatha Bhatta Gosvami!

(4)

jaya jaya navadvipa-basi bhakta-gana

sabe mili' krpa more koro' bitarana

All glories to all the devotes of The Lord who live in Sri Navadvipa-dhama! I beg all of you together to kindly bestow your combined mercy upon me.

(5)

nikhila baisnaba-jana doya prakasiya

sri-jahnava-pade more rakhaha taniya

I pray to all you assembled Vaisnavas throughout the entire universe to please show your compassion by attracting me to the shade of the lotus feet of Sri Jahnava Devi, my eternal shelter and the very pleasure potency of Sri Nityananda Prabhu.

(6)

ami to' durbhaga ati, baisnaba na cini

more krpa koribena baisnaba apani

I am certainly most unfortunate, for I cannot realize who is actually a Vaisnava. Therefore I beg that, if any real Vaisnavas hear my prayer, then please be merciful to me.

(7)

sri-guru-carane more bhakti koro' dana

je carana-bale pai tattver sandhana

Please bestow upon me devotional service to the lotus feet of Sri Gurudeva. Simply by the strength of those feet I can find a clue of the real transcendental truth.

(8)

brahmana sakala kori' krpa mor prati

baisnaba-carane more deho drdhamati

I pray to all of the bona-fide brahmanas to please show your favor to me by giving me firm devotional determination unto the lotus feet of Vaisnavas.

(9)

ucca nica sarva-jiba carane sarane

loilama ami dina hina akincana

Thus I have taken shelter at the feet of all the jiva souls, whether they are highly elevated or even if they are very low-born, for in truth I am actually the most fallen soul, very lowly and insignificant.

(10)

sakale koriya krpa deho' more bar

baisnabe koruna ei granther adar

All of you Vainsavas, being very merciful towards me, kindly bless me with the following boon: I pray that all of you will show your soft-hearted compassion by respecting and appreciating what this book has to say.

(11)

grantha-dvara baisnaba-janer krpa pai

baisnaba-krpay krsna--labha hoy bhai

If all the devotees thus appreciate this book, then I will receive the causeless mercy that they will shower upon me. Oh brothers! And by the mercy of all these Vaisnavas, I will attain devotion to the Supreme Lord Sri Krsna.

(12)

baisnaba-bimukha ja're, tahar jibana

nirathaka jano' bhai, prasiddha bacana

My dear friends! Know it for certain that the life of a person who is averse to any Vaisnava is lived meaninglessly, without any purpose at all. Indeed, this is known throughout all the land.

(13)

sri-baikuntha-dhame ache nihsreya bana

tahe sobha pay kalpa-taru aganana

In the transcendental realm of Sri Vaikuntha-dhama there is a forest of the supreme perfection of life. Existing beautifully within that transcendental forest are innumerable wish-fulfilling desire-trees.

(14)

taha-majhe e kalyan-kalpa-taru-raja

nitya-kala nitya-dhame korena biraja

Amongst all the desire-trees within this transcendental forest, there stands out one special tree, which is actually the King of them all. This one is named "the Desire-tree of Auspiciousness", and it conspicuously exists here within the eternal abode for all of time.

(15)

skhandha-troy ache ta'r apurva darsana

upadesa, upalabdhi, ucchvasa ganana

What a wonderful sight is this special desire-tree, as it stands with it' s three-fold trunk! These three divisions branch out as "Upadesa" (spiritual advice), "Upalabdhi" (attainment of realization) and "Ucchvasa" (overflowing spiritual emotions).

(16)

subhakti-prasuna tahe ati sobha pay

`kalian' namaka phal aganana tay

This tree is very beautifully decorated with flower blossoms of especially sweet devotional service. Plus there are innumerable fruits which are named `kalyan' (auspiciousness).

(17)

je sujana e bitapi korena asroy

krsna-seva-su-kalyan-phal tanra hoy

Any honest or noble person who sincerely takes shelter of this transcendental tree get to taste these fruits of special, supreme auspiciousness, which is devotional service to Lord Krsna.

(18)

sri-guru-carana-krpa-samarthya labhiya

e-heno apurva brksa dilam aniya

By utilizing the strength that I am obtaining from the mercy of the lotus feet of Sri Gurudeva, I have now brought this wonderful Desire-tree of Auspiciousness here.

(19)

taniya anite brksa e karkasa mana

nasilo ihara sobha, suno, sadhu-jana

Oh honest and noble persons! Please hear what has happened now. When I brought the tree here, I have pulled it forcibly and handled it very roughly due to my harsh mentality; therefore it has now lost it's original splendrous beauty.

(20)

tomara sakale hao e brkser mali

sraddha-bari diya punah koro' rupasali

Now I wish that all of you should become the gardeners of this transcendental tree and, by regularly watering it with your faith and devotion, make it beautiful again.

(21)

phalibe kalya-phal-jugala-sevana

koribo sakale mili' taha asvadana

By pouring the water of your faith, the fruits of asuspiciousness will fructify into eternal service to the Divine Couple Sri-Sri-Radha-Krsna, which all of us together will taste and relish.

(22)

nrtya kori' hari bolo', khao seva-phal

bhakti-bale koro' dura kutarka-anal

Just eat all these sweet fruits of conjugal service while dancing and chanting the holy names! And on the strength of this devotional service, please extinguish the blazing forest fire of all the useless arguments that I will now begin to describe one by one in the first chapter of this book.

KALYAN KALPA-TARU

(The Desire-tree of Auspiciousness)

FIRST BRANCH: `UPADESA' (Advice)

--- 19 songs ---

Introduction: Siksa and Diksa Gurus

(1)

diksa-guru-krpa kori mantra-upadesa

koriya dekhan krsna-tattver nirdesa

The initiating spiritual master shows his causeless mercy by giving his disciples instructions in chanting the hari-nama mantra. By so doing he points the disciples towards the direction of the truths pertaining to the Supreme Lord Sri krsna.

(2)

siksa-guru-brnda krpa koriya apar

sadhake sikhan sadhaner anga-sar

But I consider the numerous instructing spiritual masters to be more important, for they show unlimitedly more mercy by training the neophyte devotees in all the essential aspects of practical, regulative devotional service (sadhana-bhakti).

(3)

siksa-guru-gana-pade koriya pranati

upadesa-mala boli nija manah-prati

Therefore, offering my prostrated obeisances unto the lotus feet of all instructing spiritual masters, I will now narrate this garland of different types of spiritual advice, which will all be directed towards my own mind.

SONG 1 --- THE SOUL REAL POSITION

(1)

mana re, keno miche bhajicho asar?

bhutha-maya e sansar, jiber paksete char,

amangala-samudra apar

Oh my dear mind, please tell me why you uselessly adore and worship such false things in this world? This material world is simply composed of five gross elements: earth, water, fire, air & ether, but the pure spirit soul somehow wants to keep himself in a most degraded condition of abject ruination by remaining within this unfathomable ocean of inauspiciousness.

(2)

bhutatita suddha-jiba, niranjana sadasiba,

mayatita premer adhar

taba suddha-satta tai, e jada-jagate bhai,

keno mugdha hao bar bar?

The spirit soul actually lives beyond these five gross elements, and he is always spotlessly pure, devoid of material designations, and abounds in auspicious spiritual happiness. He is certainly a fit receptacle for pure love of Godhead, which is beyond the range of maya's illusions. Oh my dear mind, my dear friend! You are meant to be situated in pure transcendental existence as pure spirit soul, so I ask you now - why do you become enchanted and captivated again and again within this dull material universe?

(3)

phire dekho eka-bara, atma amrter dharo,

ta'te buddhi ucita tomar

tumi atma-rupi ho'ye sri-caitanya-samasraye,

brndabane thako anibar

Just become a little introspective for once, and try to keep in mind the fact that pure spirit soul is actually eternal and full of nectar. Such intelligent judgements are quite befitting you. Reassuming your real form as pure soul, just remain always in Vrndavana under the shelter of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu.

(4)

nitya-kala sakhi-sange, parananda-seba-range,

jugala-bhajana koro' sar

e heno jugala-dhana, chare jei murkha jana,

ta'ra gati nahi dekhi ar

Make the worship of the Divine Couple your only object of pursuit. And in the company of Their most dear cowherd girlfriends and maidservants, just perform transcendentally joyful service unto Their pastimes for all of eternity. I am not able to predict the destination of those foolish souls who dare to neglect such a treasure as this conjugal service.

SONG 2 --- MUNDANE LUST vs.SPIRITUAL LUST

(1)

mana, tumi bhalabasa kamer taranga

jada-kama parihari', suddha-kama seba kori',

bistaraho aprakrta ranga

My dear mind, you are so fondly attached to rolling to and fro upon the waves of lust. Abandoning your sensual material lust, just render service in pure spiritual lust and thus extend yourself into the realm of transcendentally uncommon pastimes.

(2)

anitya jadiya kama, santi-hina abisrama,

nahi tahe pipasar bhanga

kamer samagri cao, tabu taha nahi pao,

paileo chare taba sanga

It is not possible to quench the thirst of this temporary mundane lust, for it's nature is to continuously create a disturbing situation. Although you desire the things associated with lust, still you can not always get them. And even if you do get the things you lust after, you cannot keep them, for such temporary things will give up your company very soon.

(3)

tumi seba koro' ja're, se toma' bhajite nare,

dukha jwale binoder anga

charo tabe micha-kama, hao tumi satya-kama,

bhajo vrndavaner ananga

janhar kusuma-sare, taba nitya-kalebare,

byapt ha'be prema antaranga

My dear mind, you faithfully render service to this mundane lust, but I see that it actually cannot give you anything substantial; rather, it simply burns my entire body with miserable dissatisfaction. So then just give up all your false material lust and just accept the true, spiritual lust by worshiping the Cupid of Vrndavana. The He will shoot your spiritual body full of His flower arrow, and you will thereby become filled to the brim with eternal ecstatic love for Him.

SONG 3 --- SCIENTIFIC DOUBTS RESOLVED

(1)

mana re, tumi bara sandigdha-antar

asiyacho e samsare, baddha ho'ye jaradhare,

jarasakta ho'le nirantar

My dear mind, you are most suspicious and doubtful at heart. Having come into this material world, and becoming conditioned within the prison cell of this dull material body, you have become stupefied by being attached continuously to temporary external matter.

(2)

bhuliya avakiya dhama, sebi' jaragata kama,

jara bina na dekho apar

tomar tumitva jini, acchadita ho'ye tini,

lupta-praya deher bhitor

Mind, you are forgetting your own eternal home, and you are rendering faithful service to dull material lust. Thus you cannot perceive anything beyond the gross inanimate objects which are directly contacted by your senses. Your true nature as pure spirit soul has become covered over and remains hidden inside your body.

(3)

tumi to' jariya jnana, sada koritecho dhyana,

tahe srsti koro' caracar

e duhkha kohibo ka're, nitya-pati-parihari'

tuccha-tattve korile nirbhar

Dear mind, according to your materialistic knowledge and feeble enlightenment, you always meditate on so-called scientific subject matters, but all of that is simply limited to all the moving and non-moving things which are confined within the jurisdiction of this temporarily created universe. To whom shall I tell the story of my anguish? I have abandoned my eternal Father simply to rely on such an unsubstantial and insignificant reality.

(4)

nahi dekho' atma-tattva, chari dile suddha-sattva,

atma ho'te nile abasar

atma ache ki na ache, sandeha tomar kache,

krame krame pailo adar

My dear mind, you are not seeing the truth of the nature of the soul, and thus you have given up the natural pure goodness of your heart. You have put a stop to all spiritual activity by taking yourself far away from the soul. You always maintain the doubt "does the soul exist or not?", and thus in you so-called scientific meditations you gradually become more and more fond of such doubting.

(5)

eirupe krame krame, pariya jarer bhrame,

apana apani ho'le par

ebe katha rakho mor, nahi hao atma-cor,

sadhu-sanga koro' atahpar

My dear mind,in this way you are falling into the illusory mistakes of the insensitive world of matter, and thus your own real self has become transformed into an entirely different, false personality. Now just take heed of my advice, dear friend, and don't cheat your own soul in this way any longer, but from now on please keep yourself in the company of the devotees of the Lord.

(6)

baisnaber krpa-bale, sandeha jaibe ca'le,

tumi punah hoibe tomar

pa'be brndabana-dhama, sevibe sri radha-syama

pulakasru-moy kalebar

bhaktibinoder dhana, radha-krsna-sri-carana

tahe rati rahun nirantar

By the power of the Vaisnavas' compassion, then all of your doubts will be long gone, and your soul will become yours once again. You will attain the transcendental abode of Vrndavana, my dear mind, and there you will wait upon Radha-Syama in your eternal spiritual body which abounds in ecstatic shivering and torrents of joyful tears. Thus the real wealth of Bhaktivinoda is to keep continuous, intense absorption in the beautiful lotus feet of Sri Radha-Krsna.

SONG 4 --- DEMIGOD WORSHIP PUT INTO PERSPECTIVE

(1)

mana, tumi barai pamara

tomar isvara hari, tanke keno parihari',

kama-marge bhajo' debantara?

My dear mind, you are certainly most vile and wicked. Your Lord is Sri Hari, the Supreme Personality of Godhead. So then why are you abandoning Him to worship the various demigods, following the path of lust?

(2)

parabrahma ek tattva, tanhate sanpiya sattva,

nista-gune koroho adar

ara jata deba-gana, misra-sattva aganana,

nija nija karyer iswar

The Supreme Lord is one absolute truth, above and beyond the Brahman effulgence. Therefore honor Him only with resolute determination, and completely dedicate the whole of your life unto Him. As far as all the innumerable demigods are concerned, their power and authority compared to His is only partial, for they are each the absolute controller of only one specific type of work within this material world's administrative department.

(3)

se-sabe sammana kori' bhajo' ekamatra hari,

jini sarva-iswar-iswar

maya janra chaya-sakti, tante aikantiki bhakti,

sadhi' kala kato' nirantar

Maintaining polite respect for all these demigods, worship only Lord Hari, for He si the only Supreme Controller of all these other small controllers. Incessantly pass your time, my dear mind, by arduously endeavoring for intense, single-minded devotional service unto Him, Whose total potency of maya is simply His insignificant shadow reflection.

(4)

mulete sincile jala, sakha-pallaber bala,

sire bari nahe karyakar

hari-bhakti ache janra, sarva-deba bandhu tanra,

bhakte sabe korena adar

(5)

binoda kohiche mana, radha-krsna-sri-carana,

bhajo bhajo bhajo nirantar

By pouring water on the root of the tree, all the branches and leaves become strong and healthy. It is useless to try to pour the water on the top part of the tree only. Similarly, all the demigods are the dear friend of one who has actual devotion to Hari. Indeed, they all show great honor and respect to the devotee of the Lord.

Now Bhaktivinoda is telling you, dear mind, just worship always, just worship ceaselessly, just worship eternally the divine lotus feet of Radha and Krsna.

Guest guest

Prabhupada speaks of Jesus having his own planet Christ-loka.

Where does Prabhupada speak of this? (I would like to know) It raises some questions regarding the universality of religion... If every "faith" has its own "planet" for those who attained some state of perfection in their particular form of religion, then sectarianism would continue just as well in the afterlife. And is this "Christ-loka" situated somewhere amongst the Vaikuntha-lokas, or is it in an other realm, somewhere in Svarga? (the "material sky") Please clarify, if possible. Also within Christianity there are many different sects, such as Roman Catholic, Eastern Orthodox, Presbyterian, Lutheran, Protestant, Latter Day Saints etcetera. Do they all have their own planet?

I do remember, however, that Prabhupada told to Tamal Krishna Goswami (I think it's mentioned in one of the latter's books) that he had a dream of "a planet where pious Muslims go after their death." Never heard of Christ-loka. Prabhupada also said Jesus Christ was a Vaisnava, so why would he have His own solitary planet then?

some say SP refered to Brahmaloka when making this comment. most Vedic scholars think semitic religions worship Lord Brahma (the Creator of the Universe), and even see Jesus of Nazareth as incarnation of Brahma.

The only permanent planet outside (on the edge actually) Vaikuntha is the Shiva loka.

So we shall discuss next meeting. Any question, you can ask. Hare Kåñëa. Yes?

Rukmiëé: Is there a Christ-loka?

Prabhupäda: Yes. Why not? There are innumerable lokas. Why not Christ-loka? [break]

...jagad-aëòa-koöi-

koöiñv açeña-vasudhädi-vibhüti-bhinnam

tad brahma niçkalam anantam açeña-bhütaà

govindam ädi-puruñaà tam ahaà bhajämi

In the effulgence, bodily effulgence of Govinda, just like the sunshine is effulgence of the sun planet, similarly, Govinda’s planet, the original planet, which is called Goloka Våndävana, that is the original effulgence, light. And when that light is distributed there are innumerable universes created. Just like within the sunlight there are innumerable planets. So in each and every planet there are different kinds of living entities, so why not a planet belonging to Christ? There is no doubt about it. There must be. [break] The Fifth Canto of Çrémad-Bhägavatam, the description of different planets are there. [break]

From the Gospel of John where they are talking of Lord Jesus they describe Lord Brahma's activity in the matter of his being the secondary creator.

Like Narada asking Brahma if he worshipped someone superior because of his doing penace to learn to recreate, we should also ask Jesus about the Father that he worships and prays to.

No it wouldn't follow that every Christian sect would have there own satelite planet or something in heaven. Maybe here though where they all set up their own sectarian separatist congregations. Apparently sectarianists are exiled to down here. Not every person who claims to be a Christian will go to Jesus and his abode.

But think about it. If someone is fortunate enough to make it to Christ-loka what will they do there? Jesus will engage them in Krsna katha for their further elevation. That is all he is in to. Explaining and revealing the nature of the Supreme Lord to fallen souls.

But Christ has his servants active on many different levels and spheres throughout this universe. Some meet souls as they leave their bdies and help with the transition for instance. there is so much between here and Christloka and Krsna loka. So many varied ways to raise the universal population back towards Godhead.

I have wondered if NDExperiencers from India meet helpers who relate to them according to their own traditions and expectations. Curious about that.