IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Science in Hindu Sacred Texts

Rate this topic

That is what I was saying. It is not that the developed countries have been unfairly blessed by God. It is because the people who could make the difference really made the difference. In case of India, those who can make the difference are in the US.

That's why it's so important to encourage NRIs to at least retire in India and spend some of that foreign currency at home...

It might also be a good idea not to export all the best and brightest, and keep some of the for yourself...

There are many who in old age want to come back to their home country because they feel that they will get better care here.

But the human values like love, care etc. are fast eroding everywhere in the world including India. Many talks that show love towards one another have just become formalities.

Yes, bring your brains back to Bharat...

As for loving relationships... hey, at least in my experience Indian people don't dump their parents in nursing homes and "forget" to visit them. Elders are not a burden, they are reservoirs of wisdom and should be treated as such... but no such luck here in the US. Most of the time anyway (I shouldn't generalize though...)

hey, at least in my experience Indian people don't dump their parents in nursing homes and "forget" to visit them.

I agree. I am not saying that relationships have become hopeless. But these are deteriorating.

Hare Krishna,

That's a typical Americanized Indian snobbery. However, some people prefer reality. What you mention is all in the US of America. It is because of the environment supporting knowledge and originality. Tell me, how many original research comes out of the heavily funded IITs? The graduates are busy packing their bags to the US and the PG's want to sit for IAS!!!

http://www.rediff.com/news/2003/jul/11praful.htm

IIT is good for and recognized only for proviing good undergraduate education. As far as Masters level and Ph.D. is concerned IIT is not good enough. Second to conduct good research one needs funding for the research as well as access to pesent research papers. None of these facilities are available in IIT when compared to US institutes. Students in IIT will and are capable of doing competent research. But these students need to be supported and provided funds.

Besides most profs in IITs are not that good. They do not publish or do any research. This is because of lack of funds and lot of useless politics.

I think conditions will change only if Indigenous industries have a vision and see the need to do research. this is the only way Indian industries will gain prominence in the world. Only then will Indian industries and India will prosper.

I agree with your point totally on the case with USA where positive conditions exist.

The only point I got really disturbed is when you said in one of your posts that you agree with the clown ahmed. I did not find anything agreeable with what he said.

Yes they are deteriorating. In the West we may see euthanasia become the norm in the future, with the elderly choosing to die under the pressure of "not wanting to be a burden". Their children will outwardly mourn but rejoice internally, happy to get the burden off and the inheritence that much sooner.

Of course sati rites won't be forced on anyone and child labor laws may remain intact.

Many problems happen because of not distinguishing between end and the means to an end. Consider making money. People make money to be happy. I agree that money is very important. We know this because we know that there are many who are suffering a lot because of lack of money. But the problem happens when people get so much involved in making money that they just forget why they had decided to earn in the first place. When people decide that they should be richer, then often the aim is to lead a comfortable life and to keep one's family members happy. But, latter on, making money itself becomes the aim. Even if in order to be wealthy, they are doing things by which neither they nor their family members are able to live in peace, even then they continue doing those things.

I can draw an analogy. Let us assume that I decide to go somewhere. For that I want to follow some route. While following the route, I find that because of some problems, that route cannot take me to my intended destination. Or there is some othe route which can take me to the same destination in a more cost-effective manner. Still, I keep on following the first route. This is similar to the kind of mistakes I have described in the first para of this post.